ব্রেকিং ডন Breaking Dawn Book শিরোনাম and Cover Art Speculation

pinkmafia27 posted on Jul 23, 2008 at 07:16PM
Cover Art:

Meyer recently did an interview with Entertainment Weekly. In the article it states that (for the first time since book one) Meyer herself helped to design
the cover art for "Breaking Dawn".

The Chess Board - The White Queen - The Red Pawn

In chess, the Board symbolizes the battle field (because essentially chess is a game of war & strategy).

The Queen, is the most powerful player on the board, she can move in all directions, take down any opponent, and go anywhere she wants to on the board.

The Pawn, is not so lucky. In chess a pawn can only go one space at-a-time, and can only go forward. Pawn's can only tale down an opponent if they are directly diagonal to them. Pawn's are just that, pawn's, they are expendable. They are the first into battle, and the first casualites of war. However, do not underestimate a pawn, people who do always end up losing major players because of it. AND the pawn gets rewarded if it reaches the other end of the board by getting to become any piece it wants.

The White Queen. Bella. The pure, powerful Bella. There is so much more to her than meets the eye. Aro sees it, (even though he can't "see" it, hah!). I have a feeling that Meyer is not done with the Volturi. I believe that they are going to come after her because of her power. Bella is special - there is no doubt in my mind. Another reason why Bella could be considered to be the White Queen is that since it is also pictured on the spine of the book it could corelate to the central/lead character of the book.

The Red Pawn. I am sad to say - is Edward. Not a pawn in Bella's mind, no way. A pawn to the Volturi. To bring Bella into the life of a vampire. (I believe the fact that Bella is the ONE character who will have chosen the life of a vampire is going to have significance as well.) Edward is powerful, yes, but compared to the full force of the Volturi - he is but a mere pawn.

Book Title : Breaking Dawn

Breaking Dawn.

In-my-opinion this could have two possible meanings.

#1- (my favorite) Bella becomes a vampire, it is the dawn of her new life with Edward and the rest of the Cullens. OR it is just the dawn of her life as a vampire in general. Anyway around it - it will be the beginnning of something new.

#2- (worries me!) After becoming engaged to Edward Bella begins to live at the Cullen house, she starts to see what her life will be like, she leaves Edward at the alter (mainly because of her fear of marriage, now coupled with doubts of her desiring a life without aging or children, or normality). She, of course, runs to Jacob to hide, since the vampires cannot follow her there. Jacob is her sun, her breaking dawn is her realizing that she desires Jacob and that life over one with Edward.

I do truly believe that this story is a love story between Bella and Edward. Meyer has consistently shown that Bella chooses Edward because he is her soul mate, she can NOT live without him. That is why I both believe and hope that he is who she chooses - and that my first interpretation of the book title is the correct one. HOWEVER, the fact that Bella has been referring to Jacob as "her sun" has my mind in a pickle! Breaking Dawn - aka - the SUN coming up over the horizon - the SUN conquering the darkness. It has too much of a double meaning.

Eclipse was thus named because the sun (Jacob) was blocked out by the moon (Edward). I wish I could reference the exact chapter and page that the Eclipse conversation happened (it was the one where Bella goes to see Jacob at his home while he is healing after the battle).

NOW, if we also take into account the title of Meyer's book "Midnight Sun", which is "Twilight" written from Edward's point-of-view. This title could be saying that Bella is Edward's Sun - Edward's Sun that comes out of the darkness of his life - his Midnight Sun.

AHH - too much sun talk. This is driving me insane. I wish "Breaking Dawn" would just be released already so I can see what happens!

The one thing I know is this! There will be some type of battle, be-it internal struggle, or flat out war. SOME type of conflict will arise. The book would be quite lovely if all we had to read about is the happy-go-lucky life of Bella and Edward, the wedding, (the *cough* attempt to make-love), the change of her into a vampire (and the hell that will break loose from that). But, who knows what will really happen. Maybe Meyer doesn't think that will be enough drama (*screams* IT WILL BE PLENTY!). I am also interested and hypothesizing about how the story of the Denali clan and Tanya will play out. Coupled with Meyer's addmission of "Sometimes Edward lies." is pretty interesting and though provoking.

Anyway, thank you for reading. Please reply with any additional information you came muster up. Any theories that you can conceive. I would be delighted to read
them!

ব্রেকিং ডন 3 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে confessions13 said…
Okay..OMG!! Everything you said totally makes sense.. I'm def. scared now!! I don't really know what to think.. The whole Jacob thing looks like it could be true.. But on this forum that I read on the Twilight Series Spot, this girl is reading the BD book!! She didn't spill anything for obvious reasons {[Grr!! I wanna know so bad lol]} but she did say that we wouldn't be dissapointed.. Like she made it sound like Bella and Edward would get their happy ending and be together.. But then again, maybe she is a huge Jacob fan, and what she meant was he gets his happy ending.. OMG!! I don't know!! I just really need to read it.. We all really need to read it, before we go insane!! lol

{[Only 5 more days!!]}
বছরখানেক আগে pinkmafia27 said…
I know! I am going insane waiting to read this book. I read the post you are talking about. I can't believe she is reading it already. I have plans to go and apply at a library now.
Meyer does say all the time about how she thinks Bella and Edward "belong together" so I think that part we should all feel secure in. I think she realizes how extremely PISSED OFF she would make. umm. EVERYONE. :)
বছরখানেক আগে cowgirlfromhell said…
Wow, yeah, that makes complete sense.
I want it sooo bad, okay, just a few more day, at least I don't live in Italy, BD's out on 30th of October I think.