When I chose the “musical moments” I tried my best to take scores from moments, in which the সঙ্গীত moves out of the background and which I didn’t already include in another list. If আপনি think I overlooked one which আপনি consider better, I apologize, I tried to go for the ones which are memorable.
10.Aladdin: And boy, was that difficult for “Aladdin”. After hearing the score again and again and again, I finally settled for “The Battle Theme” over “To be free”, because “To be free” is, as far as I remember, only played in the background. That I even had so much trouble to remember the score is telling, because in my youth I owned two ডিজনি Soundtracks: “Beauty and the Beast” and this one. But while “Beauty and the Beast” was so influential that I even could remember the শিরোনাম of most of the tracks fairly easily, “Aladdin” never really had an impact in me, the score was so uninteresting, that I tended to skip it. And although I finally settled for “The Battle Theme”, I tend to forget the tune as soon as the track is over. It’s not bad, not at all, it works very well with the visuals, but as stand alone, it hasn’t much to offer.
Fanpop says: Not much – one vote for worst, not one vote for best.
9. Princess and the Frog: Hearing “Tiana’s Bad Dream” on the soundtrack, I have to say, it’s a fairly good tune. Not outstanding, but it’s a nice little waltz which goes into the ear quite well, before it becomes something slightly sinister to accommodate the scene. The thing is: In the movie, it’s barely hearable, because it’s played so quiet. It’s a shame, really.
Fanpop says: It has some lovers, but it got voted as the worst. “Mostly because I can’t remember it.” (fiina)
8. Pocahontas: I suspect that I will some angry মতামত for putting “Skirmish” in place eight, since there are a lot of avid অনুরাগী of this scene, but really, there is nothing special অথবা creative about this score. It’s basically an elevated sequence of “If I never knew you”, which ends in a lot of drumming. While I adore “If I never knew you”, this sounds a little bit lackluster – not bad, but like it was thrown together following schema F.
Fanpop says: Well, it was one of two scores which was voted as সেকেন্ড worst, and it didn’t get many best votes, so I’m not that far away from the জনপ্রিয় opinion.
7. The Little Mermaid: I love, love, প্রণয় “Firework/Jig” – on some CD’s they are separate tracks, but I think they belong together. It’s one of those সঙ্গীত pieces আপনি just want to dance on when আপনি hear it (well, it is a jig, after all). And I think it’s very typical for this soundtrack, which is সামগ্রিক full off upbeat সঙ্গীত pieces. The only reason it’s not higher on this তালিকা is that I can’t bring myself to put any of the following lower.
Fanpop says: One of those middle pieces, on both votings.
6. Cinderella: My choices for সিন্ড্রেলা were very limited – there really isn’t much of a score in the movie overall, the জন্তু জানোয়ার are mostly shown with background music, but the human characters are mostly not. I finally set for “Reception at the palace” over “The stroke of midnight”, the latter being the আরো engaging piece, but the first one (or a variation of it) gets played আরো অথবা less every time a scene is set in the palace, thus it presents the সিন্ড্রেলা soundtrack the best. It’s so majestic, a little bit intimidating, even if আপনি don’t see those overly large halls সিন্ড্রেলা has to walk through to reach the ball.
Fanpop says: Not one best vote, some worst votes. I think I went slightly against the জনপ্রিয় opinion here.
5. Tangled: The whole scene which is played on “Waiting for the Lights” is one of the most emotional in the movie. The way the king and the কুইন interact is character অ্যানিমেশন at its best – and the score fits perfectly. Slightly melancholic, but with a রশ্মি of hope thrown in when the lanterns light up, it’s just beautiful.
Fanpop says: I think I’m in trend – barely worst vote, a fair among of best votes, and some runner-up mentiones.
4. Beauty and the Beast: Well, here I really had a hard time to chose – the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack is epic. Although the most epic pieces were already judged in another category, I still had enough really good ones left. I finally settled on “The west wing” over “Battle on the tower”, because the scene in which Belle goes into the west wing is one which mostly is carried দ্বারা the score. It’s the background সঙ্গীত which creates the whole atmosphere of the scene, and it does it very well – I just wish that it were a tad creepier.
Fanpop says: Third best, but it also got some worst votes.
3. Snow White: The organ সঙ্গীত of “Choral for Snow White” is one of the reasons I still can’t watch her lying dead without fighting with tears (the other reason is the fact that I’m a sympathetic crier, and seeing a bunch of sobbing dwarves, I have no chance but to যোগদান in). With this piece, they really went all the way, hence place three.
Fanpop says: To my great surprise this actually got voted সেকেন্ড best – but it also got worst votes.
2. Sleeping Beauty: The climax of “Sleeping Beauty” is easily one of Disney’s best, and the score has a lot to do with it. “Battle with the Forces of Evil” is simply amazing – even the nostalgia critic pointed out this outstanding piece of সঙ্গীত in his “Disneycember” reviews, and he rarely মতামত on the সঙ্গীত at all. আপনি can hear the teeth of the dragon, the hits of the sword – well, the best moment is naturally when Maleficent changes herself into the dragon.
Fanpop says: Seriously, সেকেন্ড worst? Why? It’s Tchaikovsky!
1. Mulan: For me there was no প্রশ্ন from the very beginning that “Mulan’s decision (aka the hair cut score)” would be the winner of this one, and ফ্যানপপ agreed with me, this outstanding piece of সঙ্গীত skyrocket immediately and didn’t get one worst vote. It’s not just that the scene on which it is played is epic, the score itself is too. I even go so far and say that it’s mostly the score which elevates the scene. আপনি can combine it with nearly everything and it will look like something awesome (don’t believe me, try youtube), just because the সঙ্গীত is that great.
Fanpop says: “This is classic!!!!” (ARIEL-Rapunzel) “This is amazing, it is as important as if it were a song. I can’t ever skip it!” (fiina)