ডিজনি জগতের রাজকন্যা Unpopular ডিজনি opinions (confessions)

viktoriya773 posted on Feb 10, 2014 at 11:53PM
Post your unpopular Disney opinion here. Express your opinion about not only DP but Disney in general. Please be respectful about each other's opinions and don't bash someone because of it. Say "I disagree/agree with you because..." I'm sure everyone is mature enough to handle it.

ডিজনি জগতের রাজকন্যা 810 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 151-200 of 810

বছরখানেক আগে TheFabulousFAN said…
I hate it when people complain that disney is bashing/mocking love at first sight. I don't see a problem with it and it is the only thing I like about modernization. What is so bad about not having true love? Or even making fun of love at first sight? I just don't get it.
324anna commented…
YESS! I definitely agree! বছরখানেক আগে
wavesurf commented…
I think it's sickening! আপনি don't go back to your predecessors ( elders) and the legacy they left, and mock all of their actions (the stuff that came before that was built upon and brought আপনি to this era). Doing so only makes আপনি look pompous and really, really stupid. বছরখানেক আগে
Sparklefairy375 commented…
I also don't like that fact, but yeah a lot of modern peoples find it to be "too পুরানো ঢঙের and less realistic" বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে viktoriya773 said…
Response to what @TheFabulousFAN said
In my opinion it's pretty stupid to bash "love at first sight" However, I hope Disney (or any other romance movie) never uses this again! Honestly, I want a love story where there is a bond and chemistry between the couple. Where you feel it and it's special. Belle and Adam, Shrek and Fiona, Flynn and Rapunzel, Jiro and Nahoko, Howl and Sophie. That is the kind of romance I wanna see between a guy and a girl! Love at first sight is kind of cute but so unrealistic and cliche. Seeing the prince once and falling in love with him without really knowing him is cheesy.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
Silverrose1991 commented…
I think প্রণয় at first sight can be very interesting if written well. I think both type of couples can work - the প্রণয় at first sight ones and the "take time" couples. It's all up to the writers, really. বছরখানেক আগে
viktoriya773 commented…
^ I don't see how can আপনি make a good story out "love at first sight." Judging from Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty অথবা Snow White it's nothing special. At least in TLM, Arial actually got to know Eric, but fell in প্রণয় just because he's handsome. What if he is not the kind of guy she thought he is? What if he's a jerk অথবা a womanizer? বছরখানেক আগে
viktoriya773 commented…
^ guess it's a matter of opinion বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে Silverrose1991 said…
smile
Not really an unpopular opinion, but I just want to say that I think Snow White is the funniest princess.
TheFabulousFAN commented…
She actually very hilarious in a cheesy cliché way... বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে dimitri_ said…
I think Kristoff and Anna's size difference is the cutest thing ever.
dimitri_ commented…
I'm aware this might not be unpopular but Idk, is that weird I look at size difference in couples? Not like it matters that much haha. বছরখানেক আগে
Annabethandco commented…
XD That's cute! বছরখানেক আগে
MalloMar commented…
I KNOWWWW! <3 বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে Tygers_Eye said…
Following up on dimitri's confession, I've seen early concept art of Flynn Rider, and kind of wish they went with the early designs. He was a huge guy like the Stabington Brothers, and seeing him with Rapunzel made this really cute "huge guy, tiny girl" dichotomy. While he's definitely fun, handsome, and well-written now, and they have this nice "handsome guy that's full of himself vs beautiful girl that doesn't know she's beautiful" and "snarky, cynical vs sincere, idealistic" dichotomy... I don't know.

I just look at this concept art and wish it could have been made to film. ='(
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
 Following up on dimitri's confession, I've seen early concept art of Flynn Rider, and kind of wish th
purplerose17 commented…
Awwwww! বছরখানেক আগে
MalloMar commented…
So cute! বছরখানেক আগে
prinelsa commented…
HELP HELP HELP I'M EXPLODING FROM CUTENESS CALL THE অ্যাম্বুলেন্স বছরখানেক আগে
Unpopular opinion:
I don't think Maleficent is a good villain, she's very typical
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I think she is a good villain, but nothing in comparison to Ratcliffe, Shan Yu, Gothel, etc. বছরখানেক আগে
viktoriya773 commented…
What do আপনি like about her? And I agree about she's nothing in comparison to those guys. বছরখানেক আগে
BelleRose829 commented…
I agree বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে dimitri_ said…
This is a comment from Fanpop user heathersvan: ''I love how you appreciate the elegant facial features of Aurora. That's why I love her looks so much. She's my #1 beautiful princess. The reason I don't find Belle or Ariel or even Jasmine (lately) pretty so much is because they're all "baby-faced" or too cutesy and doe-like. I prefer regal beauties.''

That may be why I never put Belle, Tiana or Ariel as my prettiest even though they're gorgeous. I can more easily see Aurora, Cinderella, Pocahontas or Mulan as my prettiest, even though I don't have a prettiest list right now haha.
Tygers_Eye commented…
;_; U think Tiana is "baby-faced," cutesy and doe-like? T_T বছরখানেক আগে
Tygers_Eye commented…
I can see where you're coming from. It's why I like ডিজনি Princesses who are আরো "calm and mature" (like Tiana and Mulan) versus the ones that are আরো playful and peppy (like Rapunzel and Anna). বছরখানেক আগে
dclairmont commented…
As আপনি know, Aurora, Cinderella, Pocahontas, and মুলান are my four prettiest as well ^-^ বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে 324anna said…
I wish they had made Elsa a villain. I would like her to be good, then during Let it go, she should be turned into a villain but at the end, she could be nice again and discover the meaning of true love e.t.c. In my opinion, that would make the movie much more interesting. Let it go is a perfect song for a villain, with the right atmosphere and the right emotions, they wouldn't even have to change the song.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
shanyuisboss commented…
YES বছরখানেক আগে
princecatcher93 commented…
YES!!! OH YESS!!!! বছরখানেক আগে
This sounds interesting! বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে princecatcher93 said…
Fact not really opinion.
Coming onto fanpop makes me love my top 2 more (Anything Tangled and the Princess and the Frog) but makes me like everything else less...wonder why.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
dclairmont commented…
Sorta agree (though it'd be my শীর্ষ three).. বছরখানেক আগে
I was to see a princess who is has different personality.
MalloMar commented…
Do আপনি think they all have similar personalities? বছরখানেক আগে
shanyuisboss commented…
What do আপনি mean? বছরখানেক আগে
BelleRose829 commented…
Oh, I get it আপনি meant "different personalities" yeah I agree. A princess should have multiple personalities, like bi-polar that would be interesting :3 বছরখানেক আগে
I can rank my favorite movies, princesses, princes, sidekicks, soundtracks EVERYTHING! But I can not Rank The Villains. Why do they all have to be so good.
shanyuisboss commented…
Eh, in my opinion only my শীর্ষ eight are great villains, it was always one thing I was kind of bothered by, ডিজনি rarely makes শীর্ষ notch villains. বছরখানেক আগে
Fanpop has made me lose my love for Aladdin. I no longer see the reasons that I use to love him at all. *sigh* I hope they come back
 ফ্যানপপ has made me lose my প্রণয় for Aladdin. I no longer see the reasons that I use to প্রণয় him at al
The Movie and the Prince to clear it up. বছরখানেক আগে
MalloMar commented…
Aw. :( বছরখানেক আগে
BelleRose829 commented…
Yeah, me too :3 বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে BelleRose829 said…
I don't like the movie Aladdin, or Frozen that much :/
CRaZy_rawR commented…
আলাদীন is meh. I প্রণয় Frozen. বছরখানেক আগে
purplerose17 commented…
I don't like আলাদীন either. I প্রণয় ফ্রোজেন but I agree that it isn't the greatest ডিজনি movie ever made. বছরখানেক আগে
I like both. But it's okay if আপনি don't/ আপনি have your own opinion. বছরখানেক আগে
I realized that Pocahontas is really not popular on here. Every time there is a poll she's voted the least. She's on pretty much everyone's princess list on the bottom or a beauty lists. The movie doesn't seemed popular ether. Apparently it has the worst soundtrack. Pocahontas IMO is great movie, better than Snow White, Cinderella and TLM... She's also really pretty! So why is she always so low? Even Snow who does nothing has more fans than her on here (I think).
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I have her and her movie first. She is super pretty. The soundtrack is awesome! I প্রণয় everything about her. <3 বছরখানেক আগে
viktoriya773 commented…
^ good :) at least someone বছরখানেক আগে
dclairmont commented…
She's my সেকেন্ড prettiest, my সেকেন্ড favorite, and her movie is tied for first! প্রণয় her soooooooo much <3 <3 <3 বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে MalloMar said…
worried
Hate to be depressing but...
I have lost most of my interest in the Disney Princesses. I guess you could say I'm more interested in the non-DP Disney and animated movies, and many other things at the moment.
I will always love them, and I'll probably get the spark back later. That doesn't mean I won't come here, because I have made some amazing friends who mean a lot to me, and I still enjoy myself when I come on.

shanyuisboss commented…
What? বছরখানেক আগে
Tygers_Eye commented…
I agree with Belle Rose. I wish ডিজনি would change their marketing অথবা merchandising strategy from "Disney Princess" to ডিজনি Heroines." So many amazing ডিজনি heroines get overlooked because they aren't related to royalty (by marriage অথবা blood), অথবা beautiful teenage human girls in sparkly dresses. I think there's something so insidious about those being requirements to getting mass recognition and adulation in our society. বছরখানেক আগে
324anna commented…
^I agree, it's so sad that the heroines that I প্রণয় never get too much attention. :( বছরখানেক আগে
I don't know if this is an opinion or not yet (I haven't seen that many people talk about it) but I think Elsa is a worst role model then just about all the princesses. Sure she "let's it go" and makes herself free but, she ends up just giving up to her feels all the times.
CRaZy_rawR commented…
Mhmm. I haven't really made a list, but she would be in my bottom three for sure বছরখানেক আগে
shanyuisboss commented…
I think she is someone to look up to but not a great role model. She is great for people that go through her kinds of struggles to go ahead and say "i'm not the only one" অথবা whatever, but she isn't meant to be a role model defined দ্বারা her actions. She is meant to be a character that is shown through her movie developing through hard times and kind of giving them an idea of what not to do and what to do like Merida. Besides, letting go of a depression is not simple. আপনি have to step into someone else's shoes, I mean really, something as simple as a song will not be able to clear something like depression. বছরখানেক আগে
Tygers_Eye commented…
Purple Rose - I thought that at first too, and was willing to give Elsa a pass on it. Then I thought about it (everyone's greatest danger) and realized that excuse can only carry her so far. Many of the other princesses are also raised to believe অথবা behave a certain way; Pocahontas to be "steady like the river" অথবা Rapunzel to be fearful of the world and submissive to her mother. But they find the wherewithal to break through. Elsa is praised as being intelligent, yet her actions are far from. Also as a "strong female character," but she's emotionally weak because she gives into every command and emotion. She doesn't প্রশ্ন her parents, think critically about her situation, অথবা try a new method that might work. I don't think Elsa is a good "role model" because she doesn't rise above what normal people do, nor does she teach girls to do it. বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে Diazdiaz95 said…
I think that Beauty and the Beast is the most overrated DP film and that The Lion King is the most overrated Disney film period. Frozen has also become too hyped. All three are great but I don't see why everyone thinks they are the best Disney films. Aladdin isn't overrated and I haven't seen it in a long time so I don't know why I'm sort of tired of it. Maybe I saw it too much as a kid. One thing is for sure, I'm tired of A Whole New World and think it is overrated.
Yeah, ফ্রোজেন is overrated. I wouldn't say Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King are overrated, though: sure, the hype gets a tad annoying, but they're technically amazing movies. বছরখানেক আগে
Tygers_Eye commented…
I agree about ফ্রোজেন and The Lion King, but I don't really feel that way about Beauty and the Breast. I think it's an amazing film, but gets just the right amount praise without going overboard. (I don't really think ANY film can live up to the hype The Lion King and ফ্রোজেন get.) বছরখানেক আগে
Yes, I don't denying that they're sort of overhyped. বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে Annabethandco said…
I really dislike Ariel and Anna. I feel Ariel is selfish (PLEASE do not try have a debate with me on this - I've seen all the arguments for both sides and have made up my own mind) and I feel Anna is really reckless and dumb at times. I find them both annoying and I prefer the maturer and more logical princesses, or at least those that are better role-models.
CRaZy_rawR commented…
Why do আপনি think Anna is dumb? I've seen a lot of people say it, but none have প্রদত্ত me any reasons. Explain? (: বছরখানেক আগে
wavesurf commented…
I প্রণয় Ariel and I like Anna. To each his own. বছরখানেক আগে
I agree with you. I also dislike them both. One is a selfish and reckless little mermaid, and another silly and again, reckless one. বছরখানেক আগে
I find Ariel selfish and rude at times, but I love her. She is so spunky and bubbly. Also she loves to learn more and explore. She is an impulsive teen who is a bit rebellious and inconsiderate at times, but I think she is awesome! Her impulsive, recklessness along with her bubbly, adventurous side is what makes her my third favorite DP. I like Merida too! Merida is my 5th! I don't see why people compare them, they do similar things but still different. TBH Merida and Ariel are both awesome, EQUALY awesome. I'm sure they would be best friends, so why da hate? For the Ariel lovers, I know you love Ariel, but would Ariel really want you being so mean to Merida? Same for the Merida lovers and Ariel haters. I know I sound insane, but some of the adults here act super childish about it (being one particular Ariel lover) just like both. I'm not much for arguments.
Diazdiaz95 commented…
True. I'm not the type to get into those type of arguments either. I steer clear of those minefields:) বছরখানেক আগে
MalloMar commented…
I adore Ariel, too! She and Merida are tied on my list. বছরখানেক আগে
wavesurf commented…
Hmm. Odd. Now you're the total reverse: a staunch Ariel hater. আপনি ( and the other Ariel haters) won't even let me defend Ariel. How much things change... বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে ArielandEric16 said…
Olaf, Mushu, and Sebastian are the funniest DP sidekicks.
Diazdiaz95 commented…
I agree. Olaf's humor can be a bit forced but he's still funny. বছরখানেক আগে
BelleRose829 commented…
:3 yes! (Besides Olaf) বছরখানেক আগে
I প্রণয় Olaf and his humor! I'm one of the few in ফ্যানপপ :3 বছরখানেক আগে
I agree about Mushu and Sebastian, but not Olaf (his humor feels so forced) বছরখানেক আগে
This is a doozy. Early advertisements made Mulan and Brave seem serious, dark, epic, mystical, and thrilling. I must admit I'm a little disappointed that both turned out WAY more light, silly, goofy, slap-stick, etc. While I LOVE Mulan and kind of like Brave... it would have been nice to break the Disney mold by having a dark, epic tale for a change. ESPECIALLY Brave. I don't know.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
I like silly, goofy, slap-stic, hehe. I mean, in every movie there must be balance: and মুলান is a layered tale that talks about gender-roles, tradition, sacrifices, selflessness, etc, but it also must have humor so it can be enjoyable to young audiences and to those who prefer lighter movies. বছরখানেক আগে
Diazdiaz95 commented…
True. I প্রণয় মুলান too but it would be cool to see a darker, আরো dramatic ডিজনি film. A true animated serious epic tale. বছরখানেক আগে
Tygers_Eye commented…
Please not that I'm not saying they have to be dark, gritty, action, adult flicks like live-action war movies. I just mean it's too bad it didn't have a dark setting with some light-hearted moments, instead of a light goofy settings with only occasional serious moments. Some of my পছন্দ films/shows when I was really really little were The Great মাউস Detective, Batman: The Animated Series, Gargoyles and Hunchback. All have dark settings with some lighter moments. It can be done. It has been done. Just not দ্বারা ডিজনি অথবা পিক্সার in the last 20 years. বছরখানেক আগে
Is it normal... I really like BATB but when is started watching it I go bored. I didn't really watch it many times. I haven't seen it in a while but I watched it and stopped. Maybe I've seen it too many times? But I dunno. I haven't see it for while.
Diazdiaz95 commented…
It's happened to me too. I mean ive never been a huge অনুরাগী of it but I do think it is good and the last time I saw it I started getting bored after the Belle reprise. I dont know why since I hadnt seen it in years. বছরখানেক আগে
I've seen it countless times and it's still my পছন্দ movie. But I'll admit I don't watch it frequently anymor: I used to watch it daily. বছরখানেক আগে
Tygers_Eye commented…
It's okay, I felt that way for a while too. I can only watch it once every several months to বছর and a half because I get bored otherwise. Even though it's a great movie, I can't rewatch it all the time either. বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে KatrinkaBelle56 said…
I dislike Cinderella. She is the only Princess I feel I don't have a place for.
Diazdiaz95 commented…
Im not crazy about her either. Shes my least favorite. বছরখানেক আগে
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I like her, but don't প্রণয় her. She is my least favorite. বছরখানেক আগে
misscindyspice commented…
She's my সেকেন্ড favorite. বছরখানেক আগে
To understand my confession read this, "I read Cinderella ate my daughter, and I read the reviews and saw that all of them said "I will only like my daughter/s watch Brave, Mulan and Pocahontas because they not all about love".....Pocahontas has to be the most lust filled film of them all! (At times it is)

I hate it when people see that the princess doesn't look or act like a princess and right away think she's the best role model for their daughters. I'm not saying that Merida, Mulan and Pocahontas (Also now Elsa and Anne because they are the first princesses not to get saved by a man "You have got to be joking me") aren't good role models it just I wish that the parents would see past the glitter and dances to see that the other ones can teach their daughter/s also.
 To understand my confession read this, "I read সিন্ড্রেলা ate my daughter, and I read the reviews an
viktoriya773 commented…
Personally I don't think that DPs like Cinderella, Snow অথবা Aurora are good role models. And I don't really want to expose my future daughter to them. Even Arial অথবা Jasamine. I'll expose her to powerful females such as Merida অথবা Mulan. Most little girls say "I want to be like সিন্ড্রেলা because she's beautiful, she sings well and very nice" But I don't want my daughter to look up to a princess because she's pretty but because she's great. I want my daughter to say "I want to be ব্রেভ like Merida, adventurous like Rapunzel, hard working like Tiana, selfless like Chihiro, bold like Sheeta." And being a princess doesn't mean that আপনি always have to be saved দ্বারা someone, just look at Fiona! She's opposite of a typical princess. বছরখানেক আগে
324anna commented…
^Exactly. বছরখানেক আগে
AudreyFreak commented…
wait, why do they need to "do" something? and why do আপনি think blindly doing something is what makes a good role model? shouldn't we be judging their CHARACTER, not how many super-cool action scenes they have অথবা whatever? বছরখানেক আগে
I don't care if a DP is a princess or not as long as the have a good character I really don't care about their social stance. Merida being Pixar doesn't make her any different from the rest of the DPs (since disney owns Pixar) I also think that the creators of Merida had a right to complain about her redesign (I mean I know I complained about Cinderella's so why not them) the redesign was everything Merida was not "sparkly, frilly, and made-up" so I will continue to rebut the people that say other wise because they are wrong for doing that to Mulan and Merida. It's sort of weird how the 2 toughest girls in the DP line-up get the "they aren't really DPs" line. I sometimes feel that if a princess is the least bit sporty they are automatically going to get dirty looks (not necessarily hate). I guess it is just me that sees it.
Tygers_Eye commented…
I pretty much agree. Lauren Faust of MLP: FiM once ব্যক্ত that "there are lots of different ways to be a girl," and I think this should be reflected in ডিজনি princesses, ডিজনি heroines, and just heroines in general. I think creating ALL rough-and-tumble "tomboy" princesses with no interest in romance are just as bad as ALL meek-and-mild girly, sparkly, romance-loving girls because you're still trying to girls to being one certain way. You're still saying "there's only one অথবা a few right ways to be a girl" and I don't think that's right. বছরখানেক আগে
CRaZy_rawR commented…
Yeah. I agree. বছরখানেক আগে
AudreyFreak commented…
Merida was just sparkly, not frilly অথবা made up. She was supposed to be dressed up- it's a princess gown, and she had just been coronated. and আপনি guys forget she has compromised with her mom দ্বারা the end of the movie. বছরখানেক আগে
I may not like Ariel, but I do NOT like the popular notion that her not being able to speak "teaches girls that all you need is your looks to win a man" and that "not having a voice means he falls for a girl that doesn't have any thoughts or opinions of her own." So not being able to talk = not having any personality, thoughts, or opinion? I find this highly ableist and phonocentric; discriminant and/or dehumanizing against people who are physically handicapped and/or don't talk out loud.

Are mute and/or deaf girls less worthy of love just because they don't talk out loud? Are they incapable of expressing thoughts, opinions, personality traits, etc. just because they don't express it with their voice? If a woman can't talk with her voice, does she have nothing else to offer besides her body? I think Ariel was dumb to enter the deal with Ursula in the first place, but of all things she does I don't think the physical inability to talk ranks as a serious crime.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
BelleRose829 commented…
I definitely agree. Just because boys like a girl that doesn't speak much doesn't mean he only likes her for her body, nor does it mean that she is only using her body to get him. বছরখানেক আগে
BeautifulBeasts commented…
Agreed. বছরখানেক আগে
AudreyFreak commented…
wow, that's a really good point. I don't care for Ariel either but I'll remember that পরবর্তি time I hear that old argument. বছরখানেক আগে
Agreed. She may be can't talk and lose her voice, but I feel that she was able to use body language very well (especially when she can told Eric about her name without any voice) বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে dclairmont said…
Brave has my favorite Disney Princess soundtrack.

If you would've asked me how I felt about the soundtrack a month or so ago, I would've probably said I didn't really care for it and say that it was somewhere near the bottom, if not last place, but I've had a total change of heart. When thinking about my top ten Disney Princess songs, I realized that three of the songs on the list were from Brave, heck, my top two favorite Disney Princess songs are from Brave (Noble Maiden Fair and Into the Open Air)! Touch the Sky is probably seventh or eighth on my list. Although the songs aren't large in number, I find each to be so beautiful and the scenes are all very impacting and useful to me. Learn Me Right is nice as well, but definitely the weakest in my opinion. Touch the Sky where we get to see Merida's sense of adventure and yearning of freedom, Noble Maiden Fair where we get to see the beautiful relationship Elinor and Merida shared when Merida was younger, and Into the Open Air where we get to see Merida and Elinor bond for the first time in a long time and Elinor's slow transformation into a full bear. For some reason I can't help but get a strange feeling while listening to Into the Open Air...I can't really explain what it is, but I find the song so touching and it really impacts me for some strange reason.
Yes! বছরখানেক আগে
I sort of like ব্রেভ soundtrack. Maybe not my পছন্দ but still like it. বছরখানেক আগে
Brave is my favorite Disney Princess movie.

The animation, the soundtrack, the characters, the strong, the raw emotion, it's all just so amazing. As I've already explained, the soundtrack is my all time favorite, and I also find the animation to be absolutely beautiful. The characters (animation wise, that is) are a tad too stylized for my liking, but the backgrounds are so gorgeous and detailed. I also love all the characters. King Fergus is a unique, interesting character, especially as far as Disney dads are concerned, Elinor is a really interesting character whose development is amazing, but of course it all leads to Merida, a princess that I've grown to love so much, not because she doesn't have a love interest, not because she doesn't sing, not because she's tough, not because she's brave, not because she has a cool accent, but because of the raw emotions and drastic development she goes through. The movie doesn't try to sugar coat her flaws like TLM, but embraces them fully and we get to see Merida reconcile for them not once, but twice. There are so many standout scenes in this movie that really leave an impression on me, but the ending is definitely one of Disney's best. I just love this movie so much and really want to gush about it forever <3
BelleRose829 commented…
It not my পছন্দ but one of them. I definitely agree :3 বছরখানেক আগে
Yes! বছরখানেক আগে
Not my favorite, but it's enjoyable to watch :D বছরখানেক আগে
RoseRapunzel commented…
So wonderful to see such ব্রেভ love. ^^ বছরখানেক আগে
Aurora is a lot stronger emotionally than given credit for. People seem to forget that she spent the first sixteen years of her life in basic isolation (well, she had three older aunts, but really that doesn't make up for social interaction of her own age in my opinion), yet still remains hopeful and kind to all she meets. Also, she then learns her entire life is a lie and the one boy of her dreams who she finally found happiness in has to be taken away from her, she sucks it up and goes along with it, putting duty over desire.
MacytheStrange commented…
Yeah, people who laud Anna for staying cheerful through isolation seem to forget about Aurora's similar predicament. And I agree about the good of her putting duty over desire, although I'd agree আরো fervently if Aurora and Phillip's relationship seemed আরো like প্রণয় and less like lust. বছরখানেক আগে
324anna commented…
WELL ব্যক্ত GIRL!!! I agree 10000/100. বছরখানেক আগে
Agree. Aurora hold some responsibilities and duties. Something that most peoples forgot about her. Good point! বছরখানেক আগে
(Annabethandco along with Tygers_eye sort of inspired me to do this after I saw a wall post about the "Disney merchandise wash")

I don't see why they should white-wash the disney princess . I don't think race matters but making different features on a character that is clearly beautiful with her natural features is wrong. I really hate how people argue that "the reason disney doesn't make a plus-sized is because it's unhealthy." Because really I know my cousin is big but he is perfectly healthy. Also I just don't see why people will argue "Disney doesn't need another minority princess." Because if they aren't that minority, they don't know how that minority feels they shouldn't be the one to talk. Why can't diversity be excepted? Because disney is too damn proud. I'm not begging for tons of different minority princess nor am I asking for some to be plus-sized. I'm just saying it doesn't matter. They don't have to be a princess (technically) they don't have to be beautiful (in a matter of opinion) the don't have to be (the majority race) white. I like diversity and excepting all types of "beautiful" but it doesn't have to be stressed. It just wouldn't hurt to have a mixture.
Tygers_Eye commented…
I agree. I feel like a broken record but I often think of Lauren Faust who ব্যক্ত "there are lots of different ways to be a girl." I think this should be reflected in heroines and ডিজনি Princesses. There shouldn't be only one right way to be a ডিজনি princess: white, skinny, adolescent, conventionally beautiful, long hair, great singer, lovely dresser, chiefly interested in heteroromance, etc. Basically beauty pageant perfect, made to sell পুতুল that fit a specific mold. If girls in real life can (and should) come in all shapes, sizes, colors, cultures, interests, hobbies, personality types, strengths, weaknesses, etc. Then I think the princesses/heroines can too. বছরখানেক আগে
324anna commented…
It's unhealthy to be obese but I would প্রণয় to see a princess with Nani অথবা Fiona's (as a monster) body. They're healthy but not perfect. We have seen heroines with all these features that আপনি mentioned. We have Nani for a plus-sized princess (she's definitely not fat but her body isn't perfect) and there are many non-white heroines. But unfortunately they're not ডিজনি princesses and they will never be and I'm actually glad about this. I believe ডিজনি is doing the best she can. বছরখানেক আগে
BelleRose829 commented…
My point is I'm saying it shouldn't really matter, but it wouldn't hurt to have a mixture. বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে ErinnAshleyRose said…
rainy
Well I think that cinderella is ugly with the audio. If the audio was better than its perfect. Nothing is perfect
BelleRose829 commented…
Are আপনি saying it has bad audio? Because it's not the movie itself. Unless আপনি mean আপনি don't like the songs. What do আপনি mean exactly? বছরখানেক আগে
CRaZy_rawR commented…
I is confused.. XD বছরখানেক আগে
^Me too... Wasn't the audio restored? Besides, that movie has great voice acting! বছরখানেক আগে
আপনি need special help বছরখানেক আগে
I don't find SnowWhite passive, weak, overly sensitive or a Mary-sue; however at the same time I don't think she all the forward. She is 14 and was just told that the queen wanted to kill her, I'm pretty sure anyone would have acted that way being scared out of her mind and all. She does act like the "perfect house whife" because she wanted to appeal to audiences, that doesn't make her a Mary-sue. Who doesn't appreciate cleaning and cooking skills. She acts bossy too (not very noticeable but a little bit) she sort of persuaded the darwfs to let her stay (a very smart tatic) and she acts like a boss when it comes to getting their hands washed. She isn't dumb for eating the apple, just naïve and overly nice. She wants to be kind to the poor old lady, not to mention she says it's a wishing apple. (Sure she could have thought about it longer and not eaten the apple) she is so nice you can't call her stupid just ignorant, innocent, and a bit naïve.

I don't find Merida to be a brat (even if at first) imagine if you had strict parents and could only leave the places every once and a while. You would want to bust out, but Merida doesn't and sort of deals with through out her life. Not to mention the queen drops the "you are going to get married right now" bomb. It's like you barely get anytime to have fun, then you have to get married to a stranger this time NEVER agian being able to go have fun; of coarse she would be mad. She then tries to use her brain power, cleverly trying to use the rules to her favor (I wouldn't have thought of that) she followed the rules and she calmly tried to say "I choose archery" then her mother (understandably) is mad at her, Merida does overreact at bit (spliting the tapestry) then Elinor does something equally as bad and putting her bow in the fire. I've wanted to change my mom's mind once so why can't Merida. She doesn't poison her mom either, all she think is that the cake will change her mind. (She is a bit rude when her mom is clearly in pain though) Not to mention any of the "bratty" things she supposably did she apologizes for them "I've been selfish." She makes an entire speach to why she is sorry and, may I add, she is willing to choose a suitor right there to set things right. When her mother says it's ok to break tradition. She helps her mom get back to normal and protects her from her father (noble much) then she says sorry again to her mother. I don't see why anyone would call her a brat. She does learn something.

Jasmine is not at all the least bit b*tchy. How is wanting to marry for love a bad thing. She sneaks away, because she doesn't want her life lived out for her. Like Merida she doesn't want that kind of life and she acts on it. Yes, she has a great life but would you want to marry some stuffy prince that only wants your kingdom. She is a bit bratty but she does it all in good reason (like Merida) She fights for what she believes in. I like Jasmine and I wish people would stop saying she is selfish.

Ariel isn't selfish either. She just like Merida, Jasmine, Belle and Rapunzel even wants a better life. She doesn't change herself for a man she already wanted to be a part of the human world. It's like wanting to go to a different country then finding out your crush wants to go to that country or is in that country so with the little extra effort she goes with him. Who wouldn't be a little emotionally after their father destroyed her colection (that took her years to build) she is probably heart broken. She does think about her family too "but if I'm human I'll never be with my father or sisters again." She just gets manipulated by Ursula. That doesn't mean she is weak either she wants something more than her life, like almost every DP.

I don't know if I made much sense but I decided to write this because some people shame these princesses.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
324anna commented…
About Ariel I don't have much problem with her decisions (imo her decisions prove that she's kinda stupid but not selfish). My problem is with the way she treats her friends. Sebastian especially. She never listens to him and she doesn't care if her father punishes him. And I understand that she was emotional and couldn't think clear when she made a deal with Ursula, but still I think that when আপনি truly care about your family আপনি don't only say "but if I'm human I'll never be with my father অথবা sisters again." আপনি sit and think about it a little. I believe she does care about her family and বন্ধু but not as much as she should. বছরখানেক আগে
324anna commented…
Don't get me wrong, I প্রণয় Ariel despite her flaws. বছরখানেক আগে
Tygers_Eye commented…
I agree about the others though. বছরখানেক আগে
I don't find Aurora all that pretty. She is around the bottom of my list. I know she was given the gift of beauty, I just don't think the gift worked. I prefer her in merchandising, she as faire skin, golden hair and full eyes, not to mention her hair looks less styled and more natural.
shanyuisboss commented…
Well, I don't prefer her in the merchandise, but yeah she is really overrated in looks. Her hair was ব্যক্ত to be sunshine স্বর্ণ but really it was a disgusting bleach color. বছরখানেক আগে
dclairmont commented…
Ah, I absolutely hate her merchandise look! Her movie version is gorgeous <3 <3 I absolutely প্রণয় her bleach blonde hair <3 বছরখানেক আগে
MalloMar commented…
I do not like her merchandise look at all. I really prefer her movie version. Though i find her stunning in the movie, she's low on my list, too. বছরখানেক আগে
324anna commented…
I agree with dclairmont. বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে HaileyBlack said…
I think Snow White is a bit of a vapid idiot. Just a bit. I mean, they told her to not let ANYONE in... especially not creepy old hags.
True বছরখানেক আগে
Tygers_Eye commented…
I don't think they mentioned creepy old hags. But yes, she had one rule and couldn't follow it. বছরখানেক আগে
AudreyFreak commented…
how is this unpopular? pretty much everyone off this site (some here too) thinks this. and yeah, what the others said. বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে BeautifulBeasts said…
This is a DP club but on the subject of PeterPan I VERY ANOYED with people who claim certain things but then throw it to the wind when the watch PP which is exactly what this is. PeterPan is literally the worst movie but people choose to IGNORE its racism and sexism, as if they support it. They are blinded by a cartoon, they can't even see the injustice going on behind the moving pictures. HELLO what makes the red man red? Is Disney's most racist scene since Fantasia. PeterPan constant remarks. Forgetting TigerLilly's life and blows it off like its nothing. Wendy forgives peter countless times, and is even cut off by peter when The MERMAIDS TRIED TO DROWN HER, he was laughing about it too. Even I child knows someone is DYING. It disgust me to think anyone can watch this movie, like it, and live with themselves afterwards. To far? Please, not nearly far enough.
Tygers_Eye commented…
It's possible for people to acknowledge a film's flaws and still প্রণয় it anyway. বছরখানেক আগে
AudreyFreak commented…
Silverrose is right- do আপনি honestly think little British Edwardian children would actually know what real Natives are like? Please tell me how, I'd প্রণয় to know, considering they had no tv অথবা Internet and could only know দ্বারা some বই অথবা their own imaginations. which is EXACTLY what Neverland is, a land of imagination. OF COURSE THEY'RE NOT REALISTIC. Except Tiger Lily. বছরখানেক আগে
winterina commented…
This aged poorly. This person was clearly really young, but like the people responding “I didn’t find it racist, I didn’t find it sexist so it’s fine” lol. বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে Angelica_AW said…
kiss
I love sequels. I can only think of one, maybe two that I dislike. I like seeing how the story continues, and sometimes I even like the sequel better then the first movie!
shanyuisboss commented…
I প্রণয় a lot of the ডিজনি sequels, but their are a few that I hate with a passion like Pocahontas 2 and মুলান 2 and their are around 4 I dislike. বছরখানেক আগে
BelleRose829 commented…
I like most sequels but some of them are too much. বছরখানেক আগে
MalloMar commented…
^You are perfectly welcome to judge দ্বারা sequels, even if others don't. :) বছরখানেক আগে
smile
I think Belle's voice (both singing and speaking) is so unique. I have heard many say it's nothing special or unmemorable, but I find it quite the opposite. It's beautiful.
shanyuisboss commented…
Same here বছরখানেক আগে
324anna commented…
I প্রণয় her voice! But I do understand why other people say it's not that good. If আপনি compare it with the others it's less unique. In my opinion always... বছরখানেক আগে
BelleRose829 commented…
Oh definitely. বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে Lanalamprouge said…
I found the song "Let it go" completely forgettable and a few chords gave me deja vu.... the only reason i remember it now is that everyone started playing it everywhere....
Tygers_Eye commented…
Same here. Same opinion completely. In fact, I found all but the two opening songs forgettable (Vuelie and ফ্রোজেন Heart), so I don't understand why everyone is treating Let It Go like the best song ever written. বছরখানেক আগে
Lanalamprouge commented…
he, I actually did forget all the songs the moment I stepped out of the theater and so couldn't (still don't) get the gushing over the soundtrack. বছরখানেক আগে
BelleRose829 commented…
Agreed :3 বছরখানেক আগে
Same বছরখানেক আগে
Am I the only person that doesn't really count Pixar as Disney? I know they're distributed and marketed under the Disney umbrella, but they're still a completely different studio with their own animators, directors, producers, approach to making films, etc. (At least until John Lasseter took over Disney and Merida joined the Disney Princess lineup, thus blurring the lines.)

I just feel like films made by the Pixar Studio are Pixar films and films made by the Disney Animation Studio(s) are Disney films. So when I mention Disney and people immediately pipe in how much they love Finding Nemo or "When She Loved Me" or something like that, I think "Hey, that's Pixar! If I wanted to know which Pixar films/songs/scenes/etc you liked, I would have mentioned it and not Disney!"
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
HaileyBlack commented…
I agree. I never considered them to be the same thing. বছরখানেক আগে
324anna commented…
EXACTLY! I couldn't agree আরো with you. বছরখানেক আগে
dimitri_ commented…
I completely agree! বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে Angelica_AW said…
This isn't a DP one, more of a general Disney one, but that damn bear from The Fox and The Hound is the ONLY Disney villain to scare me beyond belief.
MalloMar commented…
Oh my word! YES That ভালুক is terrifying. বছরখানেক আগে
BelleRose829 commented…
And that is why I shall never watch it. Cool aid smile :3 বছরখানেক আগে
324anna commented…
This ভালুক scares me even now. বছরখানেক আগে
I don't think Anna or Elsa are good role models. I think they're very passive and reactionary. Things happen to them and they try to deal with that instead of taking active steps to solve problems before they happen or make their situations work for them.

Anna's parents order to close the gates and her sister shuts her out. Her response? Stare blankly at the walls all her life instead of befriending people she can talk to (i.e. the staff), taking up hobbies, going out to town, going to visit other royal households (maybe distant relatives or the nobles that used to be in court), etc. She complains about the gates being shut but doesn't do anything to try to open them or experience life outside them.

Elsa was indeed traumatized by her sister's injury and her parents isolating and fear-mongering her, but even years after their deaths, hours after her powers are discovered, and after she learns that "let[ting] the storm rage on" actually let the storm ravish the kingdom, at no point does she ever step back and think, "You know, locking myself away and chanting 'Conceal, don't feel' hasn't worked so far, so maybe I should try something else." She has this pathologically need to trap herself in a corner and berate herself regarding her inability to control her powers, yet REFUSES to even TRY anything new. Einstein said the key to insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

I know they're more "relate-able," but I'm also not fond of people talking about them like they're such great role models when I think their examples are NOT ones people should follow.
I don't think they are bad role-models. About Anna, I'll have to rewatch ফ্রোজেন to form an opinion on the "she didn't leave" thing. But I think she is a good role-model because she never gives up on her sister and remains optimistic through it all.About Elsa, well, she had depression and anxiety issues. Even if it is not explicit in the movie, আপনি can tell দ্বারা the symptons. Once she was told she set the kingdom in an eternal winter, she felt like she was really the monster people thought she was. She was upset and thought that going back would only hurt আরো people, as she couldn't control her powers. She did try to do something new: she experimented with her powers when she was alone in the mountains, she created ফ্রোজেন fractals and build herself a castle. Sure, it had nothing to do with solving the storm problem, but it was still a progressive step into controlling and learning আরো about her powers, IMO. বছরখানেক আগে
purplerose17 commented…
Anna's still my পছন্দ princess. I guess it's just the way আপনি look it at. বছরখানেক আগে
BelleRose829 commented…
AGREED! I absolutely প্রণয় you! This post is perfect, definitely agree. বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে HaileyBlack said…
Not an opinion but unpopular all the same. I've never seen Brave or Frozen, and I'm not sure I care to.
MalloMar commented…
Hmmn. I guess there are a lot of চলচ্চিত্র I haven't seen and am not really interested in, too. আপনি should see them to form an opinion. :) বছরখানেক আগে
BelleRose829 commented…
A few weeks back I didn't see Brave, and it turned out to be containing my 5th পছন্দ DP. I watched ফ্রোজেন however with excitement thinking I'll be wowed, and it turns out I hate it. So I would suggest watching Brave. They do seem a bit...meh at commercials and hype though :3 বছরখানেক আগে
CRaZy_rawR commented…
Totally watch Brave! I was in the same নৌকা for a while, I thought it wouldn't matter if I watched Brave. আপনি should though, because it definitely isn't a disappointment. c: বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে Silverrose1991 said…
I think Cinderella looks MUCH prettier in the original movie than in the sequel. Her animatiom is more consistent and she looks more classic. Sometimes her chin and lips look ugly in the sequel, and the highlights make her eyes look pained. I prefer the solid, piercing blue color from the original.
দ্বারা "sequel" I mean সিন্ড্রেলা III. বছরখানেক আগে
Shiki_Otherside commented…
Before I even read the সেকেন্ড মতামত I assumed it was সিন্ড্রেলা III আপনি were talking about haha. I think she looks best in the original but I don't mind the সিন্ড্রেলা III it's just আরো modern to me বছরখানেক আগে
I respectfully disagree. সিন্ড্রেলা got better অ্যানিমেশন and আরো consistent face in the third sequel. In original movie she was inconsistently drawn and her eyes are just plain. But in the sequel her eyes are beautiful, plus some highlights in there. She's আরো consistenly drawn, influence of better animation. বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে Shiki_Otherside said…
Why did they not give Rapunzel long wavy hair? This is so pretty!!!
 Why did they not give Rapunzel long wavy hair? This is so pretty!!!
Tygers_Eye commented…
Maybe it would have been harder to animate? বছরখানেক আগে
Tygers_Eye commented…
I'm now wondering why they didn't give her that green dress, white bodice, অথবা elbow-length sleeves. The one in the movie drives me crazy. The fabric and sleeve-length both look so uncomfortable, and the color... eh. বছরখানেক আগে
BelleRose829 commented…
^oh, yes! I wish they kept this picture as her finale look. বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে TheCrystalRing said…
I honestly think that Frozen would have been a lot better if it had been more faithful to its source material.
AudreyFreak commented…
YES. I loved this post (though I didn't agree with what she ব্যক্ত about Anna): link বছরখানেক আগে
Tygers_Eye commented…
I completely agree with both TheChrystalRing and AudreyFreak's link 100%! The Snow কুইন is a beautiful, meaningful, heartfelt, emotional, bittersweet. বছরখানেক আগে
I don't see how it would work. There are a lot of চলচ্চিত্র that had been আরো faithful to the original Snow কুইন story, and ফ্রোজেন won't be as unique and memorable as now if ডিজনি did the same thing with it. বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে AudreyFreak said…
It really annoys me that people praise Belle for the exact same reasons they hate Snow for: 1) doing something she was forbidden to do and knew better than to do (and not to sound biased but I think Snow had a much better reason to do that than just being nosy), and 2) not judging people's appearances. Why praise one for things you hate the other for?
MalloMar commented…
Completely agree. বছরখানেক আগে
Diazdiaz95 commented…
I agree. I actually like Snow আরো than Belle:) বছরখানেক আগে
BelleRose829 commented…
Well SnowWhite was warned not to trust strangers, whilst Belle was warned দ্বারা her father, but put her father before her. I don't consider SnowWhite dumb at all, but their situations are different. I prefer Belle, but SnowWhite is only 2 spots away from her. Really I don't think they should be compared at all. বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে Shiki_Otherside said…
surprise
I really don't like Ray from the Princess and the Frog. His design is creepy and lacks charm of the other Disney sidekicks. When he dies I don't become sad which makes me mad, because I should be. I just don't care for him
 I really don't like রশ্মি from the Princess and the Frog. His নকশা is creepy and lacks charm of the o
BelleRose829 commented…
Aw I thought রশ্মি was sort of cute and funny. It's Louis that I have a problem with. I agree his নকশা is a bit creepy :3 but just like I think Aurora looks better in merchandising UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! রশ্মি didn't appeal to my mother either, so I get where আপনি are comming at. বছরখানেক আগে
dimitri_ commented…
I agree and a lot of other people agree too. বছরখানেক আগে
Yeah he looks weird. বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে 324anna said…
The way Tiana works so hard to accomplish her dream and doesn't have fun never bothered me. In fact, it's the main reason why I love her so much. I used to be like her (when I was younger I was the kid that never stopped studying and was so perfect), so I could relate to her. Now I'm a very very lazy person and she's something like my role model, I wish I could be like her again, hard-working and serious. It's not very right, but that's how I feel.
Lanalamprouge commented…
it never bothered me either and i guess the lesson is cut loose but to a lazy person like me i look up at tiana and admire her and want her to reach her তারকা বছরখানেক আগে
Agreed. বছরখানেক আগে
Tiana is never being any of my favorite. Never. She has an issue to stuck in unhealthy working mentallity, imo. বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে Lanalamprouge said…
i actually really really like cinderella. I post this here because whenever i hear somone talk about it they say its boring filler
Sad but true. বছরখানেক আগে
BelleRose829 commented…
I প্রণয় Cindy! বছরখানেক আগে
324anna commented…
I agree. বছরখানেক আগে
I adore Naveen and Aladdin, but Flynn Rider isn't my cup of tea.
I noticed most people seem to have them in the same "group"-either love all three, or dislike all three.
CRaZy_rawR commented…
Why don't আপনি like Flynn? I have always wondered. (: বছরখানেক আগে
I প্রণয় Eugene and Aladdin, but Naveen is not my cup of চা - though I like him. বছরখানেক আগে
AudreyFreak commented…
funny, I'm the same as you, প্রণয় the first two and don't really care for Flynn. I guess because he's a generic mix of the two and honestly I প্রশ্ন his morals a bit since nobody else is. বছরখানেক আগে