ডিজনি জগতের রাজকন্যা ডিজনি Princess Personality Traits

anukriti2409 posted on Jun 16, 2016 at 03:29PM
Hey everyone! I had done article some time back sharing my personal opinions on what I love and don't love about each DP. There's always something that you find appealing in each DP and something that put you off. I want to put out a forum where everyone can share their individual views on same.
Because there are 11 princesses and it would become too much to list out good and bad traits for all princesses together, i'll divide it into rounds for each princess. I would request everyone to not post ahead of each round and respect the deadlines. To make it more formatted, let's list down 3 MOST IMPORTANT PERSONALITY TRAITS under both good and bad section with a short description as to why you think a princess is so-and-so.

So, here's how it will look:

Round 1: Snow White

Sample post:

Good personality traits:
1. Nurturing because .....
2. Optimistic because ....
3. Gentle because ....

Bad personality traits:
1. Naive because .....
2. Bossy because ....
3. Interfering because .....

The idea is to see how some traits are common and we may also find some unique traits that people may have been able to deduce. I would appreciate for fans to not feel offended with someone else's views, especially when they point out negative traits. Please let's try to understand everyone;s point of view. This is not to say not to debate or discuss, but respectfully.

Round 1: Snow White (Deadline: 26th June)
Round 2: Aurora ( Deadline: 5th July )
Round 3: Cinderella (Deadline: 15th July)
Round 4: Ariel (Deadline: 25th July)
Round 5: Belle (Deadline: 3rd August)
Round 6: Jasmine (Deadline: 13th August)
Round 7: Pocahontas (Deadline: 23rd August)
Round 8: Mulan (Deadline: 1st September )
Round 9: Tiana (Deadline: 11th September)
Round 10: Rapunzel (Deadline: 21st September)
Round 11: Merida (Deadline: 1st October)

For each round, i'd articulate an article that would sum up as to how fans describe each princess. So more the responses, better the article! I hope you'll participate, share your views and have fun! :)

ডিজনি জগতের রাজকন্যা 4 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে anukriti2409 said…
Round 1: Snow White OPEN
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
 [b] Round 1: Snow White OPEN [/b]
বছরখানেক আগে anukriti2409 said…
Good Traits
1. Optimistic: Even after getting almost killed, she could believe in finding love and happiness one day, make friends, build a base and live happily without a prince, without losing hope for finding him one day. That's pretty optimistic in imo.
2. Nurturing: She was almost motherly to seven dwarfs. She liked to keep things in place, food on the table, clean home and neighborhood and practice healthy living in general.
3. Organized: I think she's one of the most organized princess ever. She manages work for 7 people and herself and never misses a thing. She's spot on.

Bad Traits:
1. Gullible: She trusts people far too easily for her own good, which is why she's often led into grave dangers.
2. Bossy: Even though it was for good of dwarfs, she acts pretty bossy around them, lecturing them for their bad habits.
3. doesn't think through her head in a crisis situation: Even though she's projected to be 14 but after being released by the royal servant in the forest, she shouldn't have panicked. he wasn't going to kill her now, she could have planned it much more practically and intelligently. Even though if she panicked, she got into a stranger's house, spend time cleaning it up and then fall asleep leaving herself defenseless.
বছরখানেক আগে Silverrose1991 said…
Snow White:

Good traits:

1. Innocent - this is what defines her character. She is pure and has a very idealistic and bright-eyed view of the world, believing everything will turn out alright in the end and that her stepmother would never find her in the dwarfs' cottage. She always has a smile on her lips and a song in her heart. She is sweet and friendly to everyone she meets, because she believes in the good in everyone.

2. Industrious - Snow White is not afraid of hard-work. She takes an imaginative and upbeat approach to doing chores, be it slaving away for the queen or keeping house for the dwarfs. She is orderly and good at coordinating the animals, giving an appropriate task for each.

3. Empathetic - Snow White is a highly empathetic individual. When she hears a baby bird crying because it's lost, she gently comforts it and helps it find its parents. Next, when she finds the empty cottage in the woods, she is moved at the thought that the inhabitants are orphan children - just like herself - and immediately sets to improving their life, tidying up their home and cooking a meal for them. Finally, although she is frightened of the peddler woman who shows up at her window, after she is attacked by Snow White's own bird friends, she takes the crone inside for water and some rest.

Bad traits:

1. Naïve - Too much innocence can only lead to naivety. Most of the things I listed as examples of her being innocent, can also be used to exemplify this: She believes that everything will be fine, no matter what, and that her stepmother won't discover where she is hiding and in the good in people. Now, these are good things because they go hand-in-hand with her optimism, helping her cope with abuse, attempted murder and new circumstances. It is also her innocence and purity that win people over. However, it also means she is ultimately dependent on others, as she is unprepared to deal with the hard realities of the world, as shown in the episode with the poisoned apple.

2. Obstinate - Snow White adheres rigidly to her ethical and moral code. The dwarfs won't wash their hands? Fine, she'll make them - oh, she's their guest and not the other way around? That's irrelevant. Her animal friends are attacking a frail old woman? "It doesn't matter that I suffered an attempt on my life not even twenty-four hours ago, and yes, I know the owners of the house told me not to let anyone in, you stop right now!"

3. Emotionally needy - Snow White wants love. From the moment she's introduced, she expresses her desire to find someone who'll love her and say nice things about her. And it's not just romantic love she seeks - she prays at night for Grumpy to like her and bakes him a pie the following day.

-------------------

If you need to shorten any of these, feel free to. Also, you have Cinderella and Aurora switched around. Cinderella came in 1950, while Sleeping Beauty was released only in 1959.

last edited বছরখানেক আগে
anukriti2409 commented…
Thank আপনি for participating! It means a lot to me. And thanks for notifying about aurora and সিন্ড্রেলা swap, will correct it. And i প্রণয় your explanation, no need to shorten it. আরো the better বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে audreygrace412 said…
Good personality traits:

1. Nurturing because she's always trying to care for or encourage others.

In the beginning, she hears the baby bird crying and immediately tries to cheer it up, "Please don't cry. Come on, perk up. Won't you smile for me? That's better. Your mama and papa can't be that far." Her first instinct isn't just to find the bird's parents but to calm the little bird down first, which shows a very motherly nurturing instinct because she's trying to help in small and big ways; short-term and long-term.

Similarly the way she looks after the dwarves and asking them to wash up before dinner is about their health and keeping them healthy as well as teaching good manners.

In the end, when she takes in the Evil Queen under disguise, it is stemming from her nurturing values and not being able to see an old woman in pain.

2. Humble because despite being a princess, she doesn't just expect others to help, serve, forgive, or excuse her etc. but rather she tries to correct her own mistakes and hold herself to certain standards of character and morality.

When she first looks up at the friendly animals after the small crying bout from running in the dark and frightening forest, she says to them "I'm awfully sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you but you don't know what I've been through. And all because I was afraid. I'm so ashamed of the fuss I've made. What do you do when things go wrong?" She really has no reason to feel ashamed and I don't believe she made a "fuss" but I respect that she felt that way herself and was willing to admit it. Furthermore, she was also willing to ask for advice, albeit from the forest animals, but that also shows she cares about improving herself as a person rather than simply making excuses for what she perceives as poor behavior on her part.

When Snow White comes upon the cottage and thinks it is full of children (orphans) without a mother, she doesn't expect even children to accept her. She says to the forest animals "I know, we'll clean the house and surprise them! Then maybe they'll let me stay?" I thought this was very humble of her to want to earn the right of orphaned children to let her stay and take care of them.

Furthermore, when Snow White does find out that the owners of the house are the dwarves and not children, as well as they find out she is the princess, she still asks them for permission to stay and offers to earn her keep rather than asserting her authority as the princess and trying to force them to take her in.
"And if you let me stay, I'll keep house for you: I'll wash and sew and sweep and cook-"

3. Resilient because she is able to handle very traumatizing situations yet still be optimistic, proactive and courageous through it all.

Immediately after the scary forest incident, Snow White asks the forest animals if they know of a place for her to stay as she knows the forest is not suitable for her to live. The fact that she doesn't just sit and feel sorry for herself but is resilient and able to so proactively go looking for a new home- and then immediately get to work on cleaning it when finding one- is very impressive. She keeps up her positive spirit and she doesn't allow these experiences to break her or her spirit of compassion towards others etc.

Bad personality traits:

1. Naive because her lack of experience and wisdom were her biggest downfalls.

Snow White, despite being a maid in her own castle and slaving away everyday, somehow did not know that her stepmother the Evil Queen was after her as shown when the Huntsman told her "She's mad! Jealous of you! She'll stop at nothing!" and asks in response "But who?" Even when the Huntsman tells her "The Queen.", she seems to be in shock and disbelief that the Queen is the "she" that the Huntsman was talking about. Honestly, what other female ("she") does Snow White know?

In addition, even the dwarves who just work all day in the mines seem to know a ton more about the Evil Queen and her abilities than Snow White. I understand how Snow could be kept away from that but it just seems odd that she was so completely clueless about it all. This is further shown when a number of the dwarves warn her about any strangers coming by while they're gone and how magically powerful the Queen is yet she still lets in the Queen under disguise despite the animals freaking out in a manner that they normally do not. Even worse, the Evil Queen under disguise asks Snow White if "the little men" are gone, a clear red flag.

2. Stubborn because she can be too adamant about things going a certain way.

While there is a certain level of appreciation to her persistence, she can also take it too far. It is obvious that she means well when asking the dwarves to wash up before supper but demanding that they do so in order to be fed is taking it too far when they are risking their own lives to let her stay there.

3. Candid because it can come off rude sometimes to others.

Although I appreciate that Snow White can be outspoken and direct, it can also be too frank at times. When Snow first meets the dwarves and asks "How do you do?", she doesn't get a response so she just repeats the question a tad more candidly, "I said, how do you do?".

Additionally, when she is checking the hands of the dwarves before supper, she makes a couple comments that may have been a bit more candid then some people would like to hear despite her good intentions: To Happy after seeing him try to rub his hands on his clothes, "Worse than I thought." ; To Sneezy, "How shocking! Tsk tsk tsk."

Furthermore, since she is so candid, I think it sometimes contributes to her not being able to hold back laughing when something unfortunate happens to another. For example, when Grumpy walks into the door, she laughs but then asks "Aww, did you hurt yourself?" seemingly sincerely. So it seems her candid nature can sometimes be a bit too forthright.
anukriti2409 commented…
thank আপনি for your response. It means a lot to me! বছরখানেক আগে