Xerography Process; haunted the studio for this entire era
Like the Post-Renaissance Era, people barely talk about this era uses it involves the words "worst, bad, etc." Even though 1959's Sleeping Beauty was acclaimed, it could not recoup the money needed to pay off the huge budget for the film. Finding that the company needed to save their money, they had big layoffs and went to the Xerography process, which copies the drawings,etc. The problem is that it gave the film a cheap look, and that it was irritating to look at. What most people agreed on about this era is that the quality went downhill with the quantity. They had a few hits "101 Dalmatians, The Jungle Book, The Rescuers", but otherwise lacked a hit. A good amount of these films have not aged well, and most considered to be WDAS's worst. 11. The Black Cauldron
Ambitious but flawed, The Black Cauldron is technically brilliant as usual, but lacks the compelling characters of other ডিজনি animated classics.
When this was released in 1985, it flopped... Badly; it did not make even half of its $44 million budget. This film has been mostly forgotten about দ্বারা the general ডিজনি audience, and it did not age well, but it does have a small but determind cult following, and it does have a fanbase. What Fanpoppers ব্যক্ত was that this film was bad in so many ways; bad voice acting, bad plot, boring characters, a contrived feeling, etc. The negative মতামত kept on coming. What most people also agreed on is that it is boring and does not warrant interest. This movie got eliminated দ্বারা a landslide (over 60% of the votes). comments
- DEFINITELY the worst of these. It doesn't even feel like a ডিজনি movie! It's creepy, the characters are likeable but not very memorable in my opinion, it has no songs, and the plot is not that captivating. Its অ্যানিমেশন is fairly nice though and it has some interesting special effects and (some) good voice actors. (AllegroGiocoso)
- Easily. The plot is confusing and just makes no sense, they do a bunch of stuff that doesn't go with the plot at all in খুঁজুন of whatever it is, Taran is annoying, the entire movie is just not very good.
I personally like The Sword in the Stone.(rhythmicmagic) 10. The Sword in the Stone
A decent take on the legend of King Arthur, The Sword in the Stone suffers from relatively indifferent animation, but its characters are still memorable and appealing.
When this film was released, it was a modest success. It made a decent amount of money, but the critics did not like it, saying "too much humor, thin narrative". Even though it was successful, it was forgotten and overshadowed দ্বারা the other চলচ্চিত্র that came before and after it. This was also the final animated film released in Walt Disney's lifetime. Fanpoppers ব্যক্ত kind of the same thing as the critics did back in 1963-64; it does not have a coherent plot and though it is kind of entertaining, it has way too many filler scenes and is weak. comments
- It doesn't really have a coherent plot. It's a bunch of filler scenes loosely tied together. An entertaining movie, but the worst one left দ্বারা far to me. (AllegroGiocoso)
- It has little to no plot at all. Most of the movie just consists of filler scenes. It's cute, that's it. The others definitely don't deserve to go before this IMO. (Mongoose09) 8. The Aristocats and The Rescuers (TIE)
What both of these চলচ্চিত্র have in common is that they both provide the voice of Eva Gabor.
Though The Aristocats is a mostly middling effort for Disney, it is redeemed দ্বারা terrific work from its voice cast and some jazzy tunes.
The Aristocats was the last film to be approved দ্বারা Walt Disney, and was the first to be produced without him. When it was released in 1970, it was a box office success and critics liked it, but it has not aged so well, and now has mixed to positive reviews from critics and mixed reviews from audiences, and often gets overlooked. What peopel ব্যক্ত is that they did not like much, if anything about the movie, it has an extremely thin plot, and is just not very appealing. A lot of voters ব্যক্ত they did not know if this অথবা The Rescuers was worse. comments
-I don't like anything about this movie :P (MissAngelPaws)
- Not engaging (Rhythmicmagic)
Featuring superlative animation, off-kilter characters, and affectionate voice work দ্বারা Bob Newhart and Zsa Zsa Gabor, The Rescuers represents a bright spot in Disney's post-golden age.
The Rescuers was a huge hit when it came out in 1977. It was the first huge hit since The Jungle Book in 1967 and was the last before The Little Mermaid in 1989. Critics loved this film then as well, and it is still critically acclaimed, but it has become one of the most forgotten ডিজনি Films in the canon. Why? People have ব্যক্ত that even though it is okay-good, there is not one aspect where it is great অথবা excellent. Fanpoppers practically ব্যক্ত the same thing (alright but not spectacular in any aspect). Others also ব্যক্ত that it is bland and just not memorable. Some did not know if this অথবা The Aristocats were worse. comments
- In my opinion, The Aristocats is MUCH better than the Rescuers!!!! It has great songs (Everybody Wants to be a Cat, Scales and Arpeggios, and Thomas O'Malley Cat), আরো developed characters, better voice actors (though there are some of the same ones), a nice romance, and better animation. Except for the villain and maybe the plot, I really fail to see why The Rescuers is better. (AllegroGiocoso)
- This movie is okay. Just okay for me. I grew up watching the other two. (anonheart998) 7. Robin ঘোমটা
One of the weaker ডিজনি adaptations, Robin ঘোমটা is cute and colorful but lacks the majesty and excitement of the studio's earlier efforts.
This was the first film that had absolutely no invvement অথবা input from Walt Disney. When it was released in 1973, critics and audiences loved it, but it has not aged well with critics and audiences over the 40 years; now it has mixed reviews, and is one of the আরো forgotten films. This film is infamous for using A LOT of reused অ্যানিমেশন from films "The Aristocats", "The Jungle Book", Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", and some of the অ্যানিমেশন that was copied from those চলচ্চিত্র were copied from "101 Dalmatians", "Cinderella", etc. People ব্যক্ত that this was entertaining, but it is pretty weak and lazy. Some ব্যক্ত the plot and characters were weak, and the bad অ্যানিমেশন is really distracting. Others ব্যক্ত that it was just okay. This was tied with Oliver and Company for the most votes, but this had আরো comments. comments
- Really sad that Aristocats left so soon...it's my সেকেন্ড পছন্দ of this group! Anyway, it's আরো entertaining than some of the others but it does recycle animation. However, I like the characters here and the সঙ্গীত is really nice, particularly "Love".
- It's okay (princecatcher93) 6. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Perhaps the most faithful of Disney's literary adaptations, this cute, charming collection of episodes captures the spirit of A.A. Milne's classic stories.
This package film was a low পরিলেখ that was released between "Robin Hood" and "The Rescuers". The shorts were released before, but they just put the three segments into a package film, which were really জনপ্রিয় in 1977, and is still critically acclaimed today. What people ব্যক্ত is that the characters are interesting and deep, but as a film (package film), it is pretty weak, and does not leave much impact. Others just ব্যক্ত that they liked the remaining films in the countdown better. Practically, everyone found this film to be okay, and are not a অনুরাগী of package films. comments
- As I ব্যক্ত before, I প্রণয় the Winnie the Pooh characters, but I've never been a huge অনুরাগী of the চলচ্চিত্র themselves. I had this movie on VHS when I was younger and I tried to watch it quite a few times, thought it was okay, but I never could sit there and watch it the whole way through from start to finish. Not a bad movie, but the others remaining are better to me.
-NOO, not The Great মাউস Detective! It's unfair how underrated that movie is; arguably Disney's most underrated movie ever IMO. I think it should be in the শীর্ষ 5, at least. (Mongoose09)
- I like all the others (Laisalves8) 5. The Great মাউস Detective
The Great মাউস Detective may not rank with Disney's classics, but it's an amiable, entertaining picture with some stylishly dark visuals.
When this movie was released in 1986 (a বছর after the flop that was The Black Cauldron), it was a modest success; a success that the company needed to restore faith in their animated চলচ্চিত্র that set the stage for the ডিজনি Renaissance. Today, it is one of the most looked-over ডিজনি movies, even though the general consensus ব্যক্ত that it is a good movie . What people ব্যক্ত about this movie is that even though it is good, it is just too generically good, meaning there is nothing special to it, unlike the others. They also ব্যক্ত that the others are just আরো interesting. comments
- It probably has the best plot of any of these, but the other চলচ্চিত্র all have আরো things really special to me: 101 Dalmatians has great score, অ্যানিমেশন style, plot, and characters, Jungle Book has great songs and characters, শিয়াল and the Hound has great অ্যানিমেশন and conflict, and Oliver and Company has great songs and characters. The characters here are good, the অ্যানিমেশন is okay, the score is okay, and সামগ্রিক it's still a good movie, just the others are better, even though it's not my least পছন্দ here. (AllegroGiocoso)
- It's not a very bad movie, I just don't find it as interesting as the others left. (MissAngelPaws) 4. Oliver & Company
Oliver & Company is a decidedly lesser effort in the ডিজনি canon, with lackluster songs, stiff animation, and a thoroughly predictable plot.
Oliver & Company is the last feature to come out of this Era, before the Little Mermaid came out a বছর later. In 1988, this was a hit with the general audience and the box office, but received mixed to negative reviews, and is still like this today, though Oliver & Company is আরো looked over now. Despite that, this is the movie that made the company release a feature every year, and revamped the musical aspect. What was ব্যক্ত about this movie is that while it had a good soundtrack and characters, the plot is not executed well, and could have been better in that aspect. Others just thought that it was surprisingly unmemorable. comments
- It was my পছন্দ movie in my childhood but I think because it had মার্জার in it. Besides that I don't remember a thing about it (princecatcher93)
- Excellent soundtrack and great characters, but the plot could be executed better. (Mongoose09) 3. The শিয়াল and the Hound
The শিয়াল and the Hound is a likeable, charming, unassuming effort that manages to transcend its thin, predictable plot.
When this film was released in 1981, it was a mild success, with critics saying that it was average; so it came in and out of theaters with little impact. Despite that, this film is one of the আরো memorable ones to come out of this era, and there is a good general consensus about it. Today, this film received favorable reviews from critics. What the voters ব্যক্ত about this movie is that while this movie is good, the remaining two are better in every single aspect, and some even found it to be a bit too boring and childish. comments
- The only one I've actually watched was The শিয়াল And The Hound, and I found it rather boring as a kid. (Emi-chan64)
- The other two have better characters, better score, better voice acting, better humor, and have better songs (even though Dalmatians has only two). The শিয়াল and the Hound has decent অ্যানিমেশন and good conflict but is not really impressive in my opinion like the other two can be in certain areas. (AllegroGiocoso) 2. The Jungle Book
With expressive animation, fun characters, and catchy songs, The Jungle Book endures as a crowd-pleasing ডিজনি classic.
This film was the last film Walt ডিজনি produced before his death, and was a HUGE hit in 1967. Critics loved this film in 1967-present, and the general audience loved this film 1967-now, and this was the studio's last big hit until the Rescuers. This film is easily one of the most (if not the most) memorable film of this era. The round was very close, but everybody ব্যক্ত that this film was very good, but the other film is a bit better, and some ব্যক্ত that the plot was carried much better in that film. comments
- Both are good, but I think 101 Dalmatian's plot is executed better (Mongoose09)
- I don't really have anything to say against Jungle Book, but Dalmatians is an extremely well-done movie! (AllegroGiocoso) 1. One Hundred and One Dalmatians
With plenty of pooches and a memorable villain (Cruella De Vil), this is one of Disney's most enduring, entertaining animated films.
This film is the first in this era, and after the disappointing box office results of Sleeping Beauty, the company needed this one to be a hit, and it for sure did not disappoint. In 1961, critics and audiences liked it, and even today, it is still pretty well remembered. People loved the well-detailed and executed plot, likable and memorable characters, impressive Xerox animation, and a good soundtrack., which is why the first film in the era is Fanpop's Best Transitional/Dark Era Film. comments
- I like them both,but I prefer 101 dalmatians. (Laisalves8)
Thank everyone who has participated in this countdown, and read the results. মতামত about your opinions ab out these movies, this era, and the results for the countdown.