ফ্যানপপ Users Help with HRAM 2009 Video!

Cinders posted on Aug 26, 2009 at 06:20PM
Hey, guys. I know that HRAM is mostly for the Human Rights Spot. I also know that it's a long time until December. But I had some ideas to help make it a little bit different this year than it was last year.

For those of you who don't know what HRAM stands for-- it's Human Rights Awareness Month, and it happens every December (so long as I'm on the pop, anyway).

HRAM is a very new tradition. It started just last year, to... mediocre success. I hope to double the interest this year, which is why I'm starting all the way back in August.

If you're interested in helping out with HRAM this year, please contact me! I have a lot of ideas and things you could do.

The first idea is the Fanpop HRAM Video.

If you have a microphone, or a webcam, or any way of getting your image and/or voice up on the net, I would LOVE it if you participated.

I want to make a video of Fanpop users talking about what's most important to them. This includes things from your favorite TV show that you MUST SEE EVERY WEEK, to the human rights crisis in the world that you find most disturbing.

In other words, you get to talk about something you LOVE!

Basically, I'm going to cut the interviews together into a video showing a unified fanpop community talking about what they love, and human rights.

BECAUSE I want it to be slightly unified, there is a little bit of a script I'd want you to follow.

If you are interested in making a video or voice recording of yourself, PLEASE let me know now!

The script I want you to say is as follows:

Hi, I'm [fanpop user name] (Optional: Include real name as well) and I'm here to talk about what matters most to me.

I love [favorite thing(s) (non HR related)]

And I realize how lucky I am.

I'm lucky because I have [thing(s) you are thankful for].

I care about [Human Rights Issue(s)].

And I want to do more.

If you want to do more, tell us what matters most to you in the comments of this video, and participate in Fanpop Human Rights Awareness Month.

I know the script is a little rigid, and I apologize for that. So, if you want to say more in your own words about your favorite things (non HR related) and/or the Human Rights issues that concern you, by all means add it at the end of the video. Odds are, I'll be able to fit it in somewhere.

When you're finished, you can get this material to me in one of two ways. A) You could e-mail it to me (PM me for the address) if the video file is zipped and small enough. Or, B) You can upload it to youtube, where I will download it. If you want to take it down from YouTube, I'll tell you when I've snagged it and you can do that.

If you don't have a webcam or microphone, but you still want to be a part of this video, you CAN! All you have to do is message me with what matters most to you in your own words. You don't have to follow the scrpt format if you don't want to at all. I'll find away to include your concerns in the video.

Thanks, all, I'll REALLY appreciate it if you do this for me!

ফ্যানপপ Users 29 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে Cinders said…
Also, I'd like to add that if too few people respond (like nobody) then the video obviously won't get made.

And if I don't dredge up enough interest in this, then I probably won't do HRAM at all this year... According to the link, few people participated, and even fewer enjoyed it. So... yeah, we'll see.
OK here's an example of how the script would go for someone like me:

Hi, I'm Cinders, aka Carly, and I'm here to talk about what matters most to me.

I love Crime Dramas, Joss Whedon, Harry Potter, and politics.

And I realize how lucky I am.

I'm lucky because I have a good education, a loving and supportive family, and a place to sleep at night.

I care about the people who don't have these things. In 2005, 72 million children of primary age were not enrolled in school. Nearly a billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their names. I care about education, and every person's right to pursue one.

And I want to do more.

If you want to do more, tell us what matters most to you in the comments of this video, and participate in Fanpop Human Rights Awareness Month.
বছরখানেক আগে ArabellaElfie said…
Cinders,

You can count me in to help out. I'm thinking of pushing back the Shanshus and making them a Spring thing (Every spring the Buffy spot hosts an awards ceremony? I know with school it's tough right now for people to get involved) so I should be able to lend a hand. I'll do mic for whatever you want and I might be able to get somebody else to help too.
Swell! That'll be great, Katie, thanks a lot! An audio recording is just fine. I know that you, and a few other users, don't like actually VIDEO recording themselves, and that's perfectly OK.
বছরখানেক আগে AgentCoop said…
I'm on board with this. I'll try to do a video in the next week or two, if that's soon enough. And I'll lend a hand with anything else you may need.
Oh, its way soon enough. I'm not going to release the video until November, so you have time.
বছরখানেক আগে ineedcoffee said…
laugh
you know I am up for this I may need to ask for some help with the recording part since I have never done it before and yes I am your typical older person don't know how to do it...lol
So, just to get this straight, I have three people, plus myself, doing this? ArabellaElfie, AgentCoop, and ineedcoffee? I think that's a great start!
বছরখানেক আগে ArabellaElfie said…
Cinders,

Coop has computer problems at the moment but he'll be back on really soon, he's promised. So yup, you have three.
Awesome. I'd still love more, folks!
For My Own Reference:

Video/Audio Contributions:
ineedcoffee
AgentCoop
ArabellaElfie
Cinders
heeeresjoyce
laureng114
tushtush

Written Statement Contributions:
germany123
Asvini
Chandlerfan

If your name is not on this list, but you want it to be, LET ME KNOW! If your name IS on the list, but it's there by accident LET ME KNOW. If your name IS on the list and you WANT it there-- YOU DON'T NEED TO LET ME KNOW.

Also, anyone who has said "maybe" or "I'll think about it" is not on the list. I won't put you on my list of people to check up on unless you get back to me and say that you want to do it.

This list will be updated periodically.

Please get your contributions into me by late October. You have over a month to do this. Preferably by Halloween, if you can. But if you want to send it to me tomorrow, there's no such thing as too early.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
By the way, I wanted to note that I ENCOURAGE you to say more outside of the script in your own words.

You may want to mention Fanpop Human Rights Awareness Month somewhere in your video.
বছরখানেক আগে laureng114 said…
big smile
I'm in! I'll start working on mine right now..
Also, guys, if you have personal stories to share, I would love to hear them, too! I really don't want you to feel confined by the script, so that's the bare minimum. I highly encourage you to do more.
বছরখানেক আগে Sappp said…
I'll participate, but I do not have a microphone... I think.

I'll look on my way-too-technical-for-me laptop what my options are, but I'm difinitely in. If I cannot record anything I'll just write.

And one more thing: Cinders, you ROCK! ^_^
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
That's fantastic, Sappp... So I'll put you on the list as soon as you've figured that out.

I've only received one user's statement, so far. Remember, folks-- even though you have until Halloween, there's no such thing as too early!
laugh
I just found my record on my computor so now I have to get my recording down I will try to get that to you in the next week...:)
fantastic, thanks coffee!
বছরখানেক আগে tushtush said…
This is a wonderful idea! I'll try and make a video in the near future. Though I'll need to do some reading up...
Awesome! Thanks so much, tushtush, I'll add you to the list.
OK, I just wanted to remind everyone to get their entry in within the next two weeks. I've still only received one person's statement. Remember that if video doesn't work out for you (for whatever reason), you can always submit a written statement.
বছরখানেক আগে laureng114 said…
I have it all typed out! I just need to record it and then I'll send it to you.
I'm going to message everyone personally who hasn't sent in their portion of the project in a few days. If you want to keep your inbox uncluttered, get it to me soon.
বছরখানেক আগে heeeresjoyce said…
Gah! I am so sorry! I've been a bit busy with school and band for the past few weeks. I'll do my best to get it in this weekend.
angelic
sorry cinders I will work on it right now.
বছরখানেক আগে Sappp said…
Damn, I totally forgot about this, I'm really sorry.

I'll start on it tonight and you'll have it for the endof the weekend.

LOL! It's OK, guys, I didn't mean to sound too harsh. I guess it's the teacher in me that hopes that when students have a month to work on something, at lease a few of them would want to get it out of the way early. But in all honesty, you folks are users after my own heart. I'm a huge procrastinator. In fact, I'm studying for a quiz I have in two hours as I type.

And, no worries. Like I said, you have until Halloween.
Awesome. I've received three statements so far. I look forward to seeing the rest!
Thanks to:

Asivini
heeeresjoyce
laureng114
germany123
tushtush
sappp
ArabellaElfie

Still Waiting On

ineedcoffee (I know you're working on it, though)
AgentCoop
Chandlerfan

Thus far, only two people have submitted voice recordings, none have done video, and everyone else did a written statement. That's cool, it just means the only face you'll probably be seeing in the video is my own... Unless one of the folks who haven't sent me their addition care to do video (but I doubt it). Audio and written is perfectly fine as well.

If you still want to participate, it's not too late! I'll make the video when everyone who's committed to it has sent in their contribution. If it reaches mid-November and I haven't gotten all of them, I'll go ahead and make the video anyway, but whoever hasn't submitted will be on my WALL OF SHAME!

If anyone who did a written statement would rather to a recording, you have time to record it if you want. If not, then that's all good. Written statements work just fine.