Female Ass-Kickers Yum অথবা Yuck - Female ass-kicker style!

fanfly posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 04:46PM
Most people are probably familiar with this game by now. Person says something, next person says yum or yuck depending on how they feel about it-then they add something and so on. Anyway, just keep it related to kickass women and we're all good. :)
I'll start...

Lara Croft

Female Ass-Kickers 33 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে Asvini said…
smile
Yum.
Lara is kind of a contraversial 'strong woman' because of the obvious sexualization of the character, but to be fair in video games the men aren't exactly scrawny and pasty either. I admit I prefer her now she's been updated to have a more realistic figure and occasionally wear actual pants instead of hotpants.
I loved her as a child, and at that age I didn't notice the huge boobs or tiny pants, I was just thrilled to play a game with a female star who was tough and smart :)

Ok, here's one my opinion swings on when it comes to whether I see her as a kickass woman (mainly due to me always remembering her as bursting into tears for no explainable reason. I usually like her, but I always seem to remember her as much more weepy than she is.).
Hermione Granger
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে fanfly said…
Yum! Hermione (IMO) is definitely a kickass woman- smart, level-headed in battle and not afraid to stand up to anyone! (the reason she bursts into tears is because she's a teenage girl and hormones do that sometimes- hell, hormones still do that to me sometimes and I'm not a teenager anymore)
(Oh! and I agree about Lara- I loved her as a kid too- never noticed the big boobs and then later I related to her because, well- I've got big boobs too! ;D)

Charlie's Angels (new or old)
Yuck.
I quite like Lucy Liu, but I can't get past the fact that in my old school Charlies angels was used as an insult for girls who thought they were tough and feminist but were actually ditzy and boy-pleasing. So if some Paris Hilton type girl would say she was a feminist people would be like 'she's so charlies angels'. I think once you're using something as an insult it's very hard to take it seriously.

Here's one I'm not sure counts, as she's not physically tough, but I think she kicks mental ass, lol.

Daria.

I think she's smart and a good non traditional role model, but do you think she fits on this spot since she's not physically tough?
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
Yum!
I love Daria and she totally fits the spirit of the Female Ass-kickers Spot. I don't think FA-Ks have to be physically tough to kickass. It's more of an attitude and Daria's got that in spades. Independent, smart, not afraid to take on a challenge etc.
(I'm kind of divided on Charlie's Angels- never watched the old show, but saw the movies- liked the first not second- but I think they were kickass because they used their sexuality to manipulate men, they turned the tables on them and made the stereotype work for them- at least in the first movie)

Temperance Brennan
Yum
It took me a while to get into bones, I saw the pilot and wasn't too impressed and didn't see any more until I was sick and didn't have anything else to do, but now I really like it. I think they handle the idea of a woman who is more logical than emotional in a more realistic way than some shows, she's still human and doesn't come across as cold or bitchy, which is the way shows usually seem to go with more logical female characters.

Wonder woman
বছরখানেক আগে ClassicalNadia said…
Yum! :)
She's incredible! Best amazon warrior princess ever. She's got it all, magical armor, a laso that no one can lie to, and her strength can give even Superman a run for his money, lol! She's a well rounded fighter and has good morals. She always fights for justice, yes she does.

Elena Derevko (Alias) link
বছরখানেক আগে ilurvedward said…
Yum!
I'm not that familiar with her character..... But i Love Alias and Elena totally kicks ass!!!! sorry i don't really have stuff to elaborate on!

Cameron Philips (TSCC)
বছরখানেক আগে VMars4ever said…
smile
Yum
She's a robot protecting people and kicking ass.

Chloe (Smallville)
বছরখানেক আগে huddygirl2 said…
yum I don't watch smallville but I got version from her and the name fits how my version looks

Ziva David(NCIS)
umm hello
*sigh*
বছরখানেক আগে Paramore-CSI said…
YUM
duh she is like ym faviorte kick ass women, duh!!she is hott, totally get's y=things mixed up!Hilarious!Knows like 50 languages and well can you not forget the paperclip line it explains itself!
I will kill you 18 different ways with THIS paperclip!

Miranda Bailey (grey's anatomy)
বছরখানেক আগে Cinders said…
OK I'm gonna go ahead and say

Yuck.

A) Because this will only be the second time someone has said "yuck" in this thread and there is way too much positivity here.
B) Because I do not think Grey's Anatomy as a whole has good role models and/or accurately portrays what it's like to be a doctor.

Because of B, I do not, obviously, watch the show that often. I did look up the character of Miranda and it's not that she seems bad, in my opinion, she seems like a fine character. I just don't think she's all that great either, though. Then again, as mentioned, I have a bias against Grey's Anatomy.

BUT this is just my opinion. If you like the show and the people on it, good on you. A guilty pleasure of mine is Desperate Housewives and, while they may have their moments, I wouldn't recommend three out of four of them for "strong female role model" awards. Which of the four MIGHT I consider recommending? I'll leave that up to you to wonder.

Anyway, since I recently went on a very long-winded link about her, here's my obscure suggestion:

Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
yum she seems cool

Elizabeth burke(white color)
(also I think we may want to add a third thing of she seesm fine but not cool like so so?)
বছরখানেক আগে zukosbiggestfan said…
Yuck

Random reason

Ty lee avatar tla she's the altmate a** kicker jab poke 10 sec later an army is brought down!!!
big smile
Yum! Ty Lee's so kickass. And speaking of Avatar: The Last Airbender...

Toph
 Yum! Ty Lee's so kickass. And speaking of Avatar: The Last Airbender... Toph
@huddygirl, I sometimes use Yumck when I'm undecided or divided about something.
(watch's the random reason.)
yuck I don't watch avater and I have no idea want is her character.

Kayley(quest for camelot)
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
augh why is this game so dead?!
বছরখানেক আগে KateDenali said…
Yum

Neyteri (Avatar)
বছরখানেক আগে Cinders said…
Yuck. Sorry, didn't like Avatar, was not impressed with her.

Let's throw a little more controversy into this.

Catherine Tramell (Sharon Stone) from Basic Instinct (link for those unfamiliar with the films)
বছরখানেক আগে J-C said…
Yum.

Smart, sexual and a sociopath. Can't get any better than that. I don't know if I'd consider her an ass-kicker though...

Ok how about Willow (From Buffy).
বছরখানেক আগে HouseofNightRox said…
Yum, Its Ok i suppose

Bellatrix Lestrange (Harry Potter)
বছরখানেক আগে ryans_love said…
Yuck. She's a brilliant actress, but she doesn't seem kickass to me.

Stephanie Plum (Janet Evanovich's novels)
বছরখানেক আগে RachaelF8 said…
cool
Yum
Katherine Pierce/Katerina Petrova?(The Vampire Diaries
বছরখানেক আগে ajotma said…
Yum!

Tiana (the Princess and the Frog)
বছরখানেক আগে pandawinx said…
Yum!
I like the idea of a disney princess who can save herself (FINALLY! The only other i can think of is Mulan) and she was spunky and cool.

How about this....Amanda Young from saw 1-3.
বছরখানেক আগে VMars4ever said…
Yuck. Evil. Cool character, but evil.

Buffy
বছরখানেক আগে jake_rose_4ever said…
wink
even though I don't like the tv show, I'll say Yum!

Sarah Walker(Chuck)
বছরখানেক আগে pandawinx said…
Yuck!
Good at ass kicking, but she was all looks and no brains, at least in my opinion. :P

Leah Clearwater from twilight (not that i'm a twilight fan, i had to watch the movies for my sisters Bday ^-^)
বছরখানেক আগে Bibi69 said…
wink
I'll say Yuck, because I hate twilight, lol (no offense to twilight fans of course :) )

Katniss Everdeen (THG) :D
বছরখানেক আগে brileyforever77 said…
Yum! Katniss is AWESOME!

Olivia Benson (Law & Order: SVU)