Gay প্রণয় Should we accept a term Queer instead of an acronym এলজিবিটি গোষ্ঠী to define our community?

BJsRealm posted on Oct 22, 2017 at 10:29AM
As you already know, LGBT is in fact just an acronym/an abbreviation. Even so, it has been widely accepted as a name for our community of sexual minorities worldwide. Although there are variations to this acronym, such as LGBTQIA for instance. A term Queer, although basically a vulgar slang word for all sexual minorities, is nevertheless catching up quickly, mostly thanks to the UK & the US versions of a world famous popular TV series/shows entitled Queer As Folk. Queer meaning strange, odd or even weird, of course. It is a quote taken from an old saying that goes: 'There's nothing queer as folk.' Plenty of the members of the LGBT community have already accepted this 'new' term as their own, yet should we all declare ourselves in public as being queer or not? There is much negative reaction within the LGBT community itself regarding this still highly controversial issue! Yet the question nevertheless remains: Should we use this (vulgar) term to define us or not? In other words, in the not so far future when asked what is one's sexuality, should we use a term queer when referring to ourselves? Or should we rather use the following acronyms: S for straight, G for gay, L for lesbian, B for bisexual, T for transgender or transexual etc? I would like to know what's your personal opinion regarding this controversial subject. I for one believe that a term queer is far better, not to mention much easier to pronounce & more quicker solution than the acronym LGBT, yet perhaps it is simply too soon to be declared as queer, in general terms, of course. I have no problem with being defined as queer, yet perhaps I'm (still) a minority here. So, tell us what do you think! Queer or LGBT - that is the question!
 As আপনি already know, এলজিবিটি গোষ্ঠী is in fact just an acronym/an abbreviation. Even so, it has been widely acc
last edited on Apr 04, 2018 at 11:16AM

Gay প্রণয় 10 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে BJsRealm said…
smile
Who knows what the future holds? Perhaps in not so far future members of our community of sexual minorities will finally accept a term queer as our own definition in public. Or perhaps not. Who can predict the future anyway, right? To me personally a term queer sounds quite acceptable these days, especially a decade after the global success of a TV series/show entitled Queer As Folk, both UK & US version, of course.
 Who knows what the future holds? Perhaps in not so far future members of our community of sexual mino
Essence38154 commented…
I liked this প্রদর্শনী better then, the U.S. version to be honest. বছরখানেক আগে
smile
Of course I know the US version is much more famous & even more popular worldwide, so here's a poster of the US version of Queer As Folk for you. It also lasted a lot longer then our own UK original anyway. I'm from UK myself btw.
 Of course I know the US version is much আরো famous & even আরো জনপ্রিয় worldwide, so here's a poste
smile
Perhaps in a 50 yrs from now, or even less, members of our community of sexual minorities will be more liberal & much more open to new ideas than they are right now! Who knows, perhaps in the year 2067 a term queer would to be widely in use as an ideal replacement for an (already obsolete?) term LGBT which is btw just an acronym/the abbreviation after all. I am always ahead of my time, as usual! In the year 2067 even the people who are 16 yrs old may no longer be considered as minors at all, on a global level, but already as adults! Time does indeed change anything & anyone & nobody knows for sure what does the future holds! :-)
 Perhaps in a 50 yrs from now, অথবা even less, members of our community of sexual minorities will be mor
বছরখানেক আগে superboy16 said…
Why not? It's much easier to say than LGBT.
বছরখানেক আগে DamienThorn666 said…
cool
What's wrong with being a queer?
 What's wrong with being a queer?
বছরখানেক আগে Zagi87 said…
smile
I don't see why not. I'm already queer. We all are.
heart
link
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
 http://www.zagreb-pride.net
বছরখানেক আগে DylanDogFan001 said…
heart
Yes, we should!
বছরখানেক আগে 1_BIG_dick said…
cool
Yeah, sure. Who gives a shit about what some people might think about being called queer?! Wanna know what I think, man? Let's all be queer! Don't like it? FU :P
last edited বছরখানেক আগে