Gemma Doyle Trilogy The end *SPOILERS*

Arielka posted on Jul 12, 2010 at 11:50PM
The past week I read the Gemma Doyle trilogy!!! I mean I always love the cover of the books and always wanted to read it. but the point is that I really really like the first to books and a great part of the third but WHY THAT END???
I mean, the most appealing part of the book was Gemma and Kartik relationship, so WHY??
I cry soo sooo hard at the end... :#
Please tell me what do you think of the end??
What will be you rather like the most?

Gemma Doyle Trilogy 6 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে schellbelle said…
I finished the book a week ago, and was so angry. I cried for like an hour. (I did decide to finish the book at 4AM, but still!) I was so sad and then angry, and then sad and angry again.

I was hoping that Gemma would defy English society and step out with Kartik, instead of leaving for America. I think the effect of Gemma being a strong-minded woman for her time would have still come across.

I'm still bitter about the ending, lol.
বছরখানেক আগে Arielka said…
sad
Oh God! I undestand you!! I really believed that Gemma will end up with Kartik, no matter what everyone said!!
It was soo soo sad!!
বছরখানেক আগে kristinhigg96 said…
wink
I think that gemma is now a single mom. I think she got pregnant, I mean it would not really be bad if they did, they were like sorta married in the realms, so I can see that they would do it in the real world. I think that gemma went to America and gave birth to a boy and a girl. And they have the power to enter the realms. That is what I wish that libba bray would creat a companion novel about!
বছরখানেক আগে kmasseytl said…
i think if kartik had lived gemma would have married him no matter what society says, also it hard for me to argue with the end because that is how libba bray intended it to be. but i have to agree that Kartik and gemmas relationship is what mostly keeped me interested in the book and it would have been great if kartik would have got to live, i love him :)
বছরখানেক আগে timbitzk said…
While I was heartbroken by the ending and it still makes me bawl, I appreciate the ending.I think it gave a certain closure and the push Gemma needed to go out on her own and live the life she always knew was for her. I think having Kartik die was a great decision because it made the book end with tragedy but hope. And if the trilogy had ended totally happily ever after, I don't think I would have been as satisfied with it. It would have been too predictable and too perfect. There are always bound to be victims of war, and isn't it just that much more heartwrenching to have it be someone important and close to all our hearts? Look at Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It's not typical, but when it works, it works.
Also, it was how Libba intended it to be, therefore I'm okay with it.
বছরখানেক আগে Esty14 said…
I don't like Kartik dying, the ending just spoils it, I was so into the book, and reading about Kartik was so HEARTBREAKING!!!! Maybe there should have been a happy ending. I hope they'll make a film!!!