হ্যারি পটার বনাম টুইলাইট 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

হ্যারি পটার বনাম টুইলাইট 54807 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 2551-2600 of 54807

বছরখানেক আগে LoveforSeverus said…
soufizzle have so much fun for me!!!!!
I was on the Dark Side so much longer than all of you. From, like, september '08 to July '09. My mom broke it with Harry Potter and I'm planning to have a huge personal party to celebrate my 1 year of fandom
বছরখানেক আগে lucius_malloy said…
*butts in* when did people stop posting reasons? Because I have a few:
1. A Very Potter Musical.

2. A Very Potter Sequel.

3. "Today, I realised that on bad days I come onto this website to cheer myself up and to make me feel happy. Not because I am in love with Edward and Jacob, or wish I was Bella but because it makes me glad to think there are SADDER people in the world. MLINT."
--- mylifeistwilight.com TOP POST.

4. "The Department of Magical Affairs is investigating claims of sparkling vampires and shapeshifting wolves nearly starting a war with Italy. This is a matter of Magical Security. Do not be alarmed, we have the situation under control. Thank you and please contact local aurors is assistance is needed."
-- mylifeistwilight.com, number three on the list of top posts.

5. People have mentioned Twilight copying HP with stuff like the last names Black and Clearwater, or Animagus/'shape-shifter', but what about the fact the Breaking Dawn movie is apparently going to be cut into two parts? DH much?

Oh, and since you're talking about the dark side, and I already butted in once, I might as well mention I read the books twice... After the second time I realised how much they sucked, stuffed the books into my cupboard and never looked back.

AND one more thing: What's weird, in my opinion, is that Meyers short story in the collection 'Prom Nights From Hell' isn't half bad.
বছরখানেক আগে mooimafish17 said…
smile
^^ good points, but some repeats :)

however those MLIT quotes are so funny - props for research :D
বছরখানেক আগে HecateA said…
smile
Harry Potter has always been my thing. There is no muchy-dependant-lovy-dovy-weak character. All the characters have their ups and their downs, unlike twilight were Bella si always made the weak one.
I'll admit, I read the books. At first, I was like "okay, not as bad as people say". I reread the collection and went "you idiot,how could you have actually liked theese things?"

Bella, you're an idiot.
Edward, There's nothing that wrong wiht you, I just don't like you
Jacob, you're keeping this thing alive.
mooimafish, I read up until page... 23 I think it was? So I do apologise.
laugh
^^ i forgive you, there are quite a lot here lol :D
বছরখানেক আগে potterrox said…
Yeah, i won't do anything that I'll regret. ANd have fun in Paris Flizzie
বছরখানেক আগে DracoLuver said…
@soufizzle - I think we'll be okay. At least we were smart enough to snap out of it. Okay, so here are more reasons. Some of them might be repeats so i apologize if they are:
বছরখানেক আগে DracoLuver said…
okay, so i think we're on

2586" What i've noticed is that Harry Potter fans tend to stick together. For example, if any Twilight fan came here and made fun of one of us, we'd all defend them. Twilight fans do the same thing, but when no one if arguing with them, they tend to fight amongst themselves. Also, even if we don't know each other, we're still talking as if we were friends. That just shows how much unity we have in the fan base.

2587: I hate when Twilight fans are like "Edward is soo hawt!". Hvae you seen him? NO. HP fans can say they like a character judging on their personality. Brave and Caring Harry, Loyal and Sweet Ron, Mean and Sly Draco ..etc. And one of them might fit your personality which makes you like them even more. Edward isn't really described in the books to be friendly, sweet, caring, .. it's more like "He looks like a model." That's not enough to like someone, and if you do, then your extremely shallow.

2568: We can hate a character that someone else might love, but we won't get beat up about it. My favorite characeter is Dumbledore, but someone else might hate him and i'm okay with it. We like hearing about other people's perspective, and it's funny to see who's in what team. But Twilight fans get mad if someone's on Team Jacob and their not and it often resolves to fighting..

I hate how people say HP promotes withcraft. It's not telling you to go preform rituals and things like that. The magic they use is the magic you drean about when your a kid. Flying, turning people into frogs, etc .. and it brightens people's imagination. And even real witchcraft isn't bad, if your a wiccan anyway. It's just spiritual healing. (:

I don't like Bella, but i think this video is amazing and if it were a movie, i'd love to see it. It's a fan made video of Draco/Bella :
link
বছরখানেক আগে venvargie said…
So sorry i've been gone guys. My computer wasn;t working. O: Anyway, since you guys mentioned going to the darkside I'll post my story.

So one day me and my friend got into a talk about books we had read recently and what books were our favorites at the time. I said I was re-reading the Harry Potter books for the billionth time. (this was before DH came out I think) and that, of course, harry Potter was my favorite book. She said she had just finished the Twilight series and that she thought it was great and better than Harry Potter. (she is a normal fan mind you. She loves Harry Potter but I think she still loves Twilight. Not sure we haven't spoken in forever.) I had never heard of the books before so I thought I'd give them a try.(she lent them to me) I'll admit that...I loved them *facepalm* and that I...I...thought they were better than Harry Potter! DX *sobs* B-but I think that may have been due to the fact they were the only books I had been reading for a while(HP) and wanted something new I guess. And then I was talking to a friend online and told them my current favorite books were the Twilight "saga". She went off on me so badly saying all the bad things about the books. So, wanting to be the know-it-all I am, I went and re-read them to prove she was wrong. And well...I realized she was right and made myself do nothing but read Harry Potter to cleanse myself. :D It worked and I am glad to say I'm back on the light side. Thank goodness there are good people out there, huh?
Oh, and I know we were also talking about HP plot holes(if any) and I wanna run one I may have found by you guys that I think is pretty major.

Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we? Back to when Harry and friends were going into their 3rd year at Hogwarts. Remember when Hermione and Ron met up with Harry in Diagon Alley(can't spell it sorry) and Hermione said her parents gave her some birthday money because hers was in September? (I remember seeing that line in the book.)

Now lets fast foward six years. When Harry is being taken from the Dursley's for the final time. Mad-Eye said that EVERYONE but Harry was of age, including Hermione. Now, it's still summer when this is happening. And September doesn't roll by in the book until they're at Sirius' old house. (can't spell it for the life of me) But isn't this a HUGE plot hole considering Hermione has done a lot of magic before then? If I'm right and her birthday isn't until September then she'd still have the Trace on her and they would have all gotten in huge trouble.

Please help me fellow Harry Potter lovers and prove that i'm just remembering the lines wrong! (I can't find my Harry Potter books other than DH)
বছরখানেক আগে souflizzle317 said…
^ You remember the lines right, but you have your year wrong :) Hermione's about to turn *eighteen* in Deathly Hallows. She was born in September 1979, or else she wouldn't have been eleven before September 1 and therefore would've been a year below Harry and Ron. She turned seventeen in the beginning of Half-Blood Prince.

@LoveforSeverus, your dark side was only about a month or two longer than mine...Terrible, isn't it? I'm so ashamed :(
"You remember the lines right, but you have your year wrong :) Hermione's about to turn *eighteen* in Deathly Hallows. She was born in September 1979, or else she wouldn't have been eleven before September 1 and therefore would've been a year below Harry and Ron. She turned seventeen in the beginning of Half-Blood Prince."

Lol! Oh thanks! xD I was worried for a second. I feel dumb right now. :P
বছরখানেক আগে emlincr said…
^^Yeah on Hermione's wikipedia page, it says that she was about to turn 12 in the beginning of Sorcerer's Stone so she's actually almost a whole year older than Harry.

I just kinda told you guys how long I was a twihard but I never told you my story so here goes:
One of my best friends is this guy who's 3 years older than me and he introduced me to HP when I was 7. He got me all the HP books (that were out at that time, so Sorcerer's Stone- Order of Phoneix) for my 7th birthday. I read them all and totally fell in love with them! From then on, I went to every single midnight showing for the movies with my friend.

Then in summer of 2008, I was 11, I read Twilight and totally loved that! I became super obsessed with it and kinda forgot about HP! DX Sorry! Then the movie came out and that's what kinda triggered my return to HP cause I hated Kristen Stewart and always made fun of the movies. I read the Twilight books again after the movie and realized how stupid they really are and how plot-less and plot-hole-full they are.

Hehe so that's my story of my time on the dark side.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে hogwarts62442 said…
i started reading harry potter when i was six and i was obsessed with twilight for about two days.
বছরখানেক আগে FredWRules said…
I think I was a fan for about a year... *ashamed face*
Same here, FredWRules...
nice name! listening to voldies going down :-)
haha thanks :) I would have been lucius_malloys_boy but it was too long ._.
বছরখানেক আগে SuperFab15 said…
Ok so my Internet's been down and I kind of missed this, but I also went to the dark side for a while. I know...I can't believe I bought into it. Ok, so I'd heard about twilight from this really annoying girl (she's now quite the little twitard) in 8th grade and she was reading them and loved them and said i should too, and I thought it sounded lame, so I didn't. Then the next August, this girl was in my history class and she and her twitard friends never stopped talking about it cuz they were excited for the movie coming out in November. She kept bothering me about them and said I'd love them so I read them just so she'd stop BUGGING me! So I read all 4 books and I liked them. My name is Angie, and I read twilight. I wasted about three months of my life obsessing over something stupid. I even turned my mom into a twimom, and I can't get her to come back over. I'm ashamed. After a while, the girl asked me if I was team Edward. I said I was team Jacob, and she threw frickin breaking dawn at my head...and didn't miss! It HURT!!! My friend saw her do it, so she came up to me and asked me if I was good and why she threw a ginormous hardcover book at me and I told her it was because I was team Jacob. She was like "oh God, you didn't read that crap did you?!" I was like "It was good." She told me to read all the Harry Potter books again. I asked her why she said "Just do it." So I did and I snapped right out of twilight. Then I used my brain and thought more about twilight and dug a little deeper into the fluff and found all the crap that it was. Just to make it final, my mom took my brother (a frickin 11 year old boy at the time! Isn't she considerate?) to the movie on Thanksgiving and I was laughed it was so bad. I hated twlight already because I knew the fans and the first time I saw a poll online that said "Which is better? Harry Potter or Twilight?" I was like "HELL NO!!" So yeah. Mine was a mix of twilight fandom and bigger love for Harry Potter, but mostly I owe my sanity to my friend. She rocks! I've since brought a few of my friends back into the light. I felt it was necessary. Friends don't let friends go insane. Twilight causes insanity.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
Sorry it was so long...lol
বছরখানেক আগে tutiegal said…
blush
ok, i've never been on this forum before so sorry for the random comment, i hope it's ok! i only just found this!
anyway OMG.... i'm exactly the same:
"I also went to the dark side for a while. I know...I can't believe I bought into it."
it's horrible, but it didn't last too long and i'm back on the harry potter bandwagon, although i think i'm still a fan of it on here *blushes*
This is kinda unrelated but I remember seeing one of my friends reading Twilight in 2006. Everybody was like, what's that crap?
And then when the movie was scheduled to come out, the *very same people* were like 'OMG I lovezz Edward Twilight is da shitt!'
smile
people were like that at my school! hey btw :D
বছরখানেক আগে Guin90 said…
^Haha I was like that with harry potter. I was 9 when the first movie came out, and it was only because of the 6 month long hype about the movie and GoF, that I began reading the books. I read all 4 within a week of that book being released in Aus.
I remember before that, I didn't want to read HP, and I hated the thought of it, only because some other kid I didn't like, did like the books. It could have been the biggest mistake of my life.
I got the first book as a reward for getting some effort badge etc. in 2003... I must have been seven, nearly eight. If I remember correctly, it took me about half a year to read it... I loved it, immediately. I remember one day I sat down and read PS-PoA and half of GoF in that single sitting... best day of my nine-year life.
i think i read them because my sister was reading them :D
it took me 2 times of trying to get into the first one, but then i was addicted :D i'm not that fast a reader, but hp are the books i've read the fastest they are not put downable lol :D
haha I always read fast :D 100 pages / hour if I'm not interrupted (Y)
I've loved Harry Potter since I was in 2nd grade. The summer before, I watched the first movies when I was visiting my cousins, and when I found out there were books, I HAD to read them! I've been obsessed (almost, as you can see above) constantly since I was 7! :)
i probably read between 50-75 an hour depending on size of writing, harry potter would probably be 50 though :D
i can't remember i think i read the first book when i was 8 or 9, so a couple years after it was published! but i think it was the only one i'd read before watching the first film!
kiss
this prob sounds like im showing off lol, and i cant remember if i said it before but we got all the books (well the later ones) delivered very early on day of release and i used to read them that day :D :D
Yeah I read DH on the day I got it :D can't remember about the others, though...
So here's my dark side story.

A friend of mine really liked Twilight, and she was saying that it was even better than HP. Since I was an uber potter fan even then, I decided to try them. I actually liked them. I read all of them in quick sucession, and decided that they were great. I never stopped liking HP, thank gosh, but Twilight took center stage. My only consolation about that now is that I was always on team jacob, and I never liked bella. AFter three or four months, my friend gave me an online printout, and made me read it. it was a catalouge of Twilight, mentioning things like the number of time Edward's beauty was described (465, I think) I read it and realized just how ridiculous Twilight was, and never looked back!

Reason whatever, This forum has over 95,000 views and it's counterpart ha only 20,000
I've already shared my dark side story, but the whole reading stats thing:

@lucius_malloy, I'm like you, I read very fast, about 100 pages/hour if i don't get interrupted or get up to do something. It's probably because I learned to read when I was 3 and my family owns a bookstore :) (small, independent bookstore, just so you know. not a huge stupid chain like borders)

And I've gotten the last three books at midnight openings at our own bookshop (OOTP, HBP, and DH) and I finished OOTP in about a week (I was seven, so give me a break) and then HBP in about a day, and DH in eight hours :)

Sorry I'm so behind on everything, I only get to check this once a night before I go to bed because the rest of the day I'm waking up, and heading off immediately to be a tourist in Paris haha :)
Since I was 7, so 6 years now, my best friend and I have seen all the movies and gotten all the books at midnight :D
Haha but yeah with the HP books I read about 75 pages/hour. They're pretty addicting :) This is kinda off topic but have any of you read The Hunger Games books? I think they're really good and if you like HP you'll probably like those too. Literally, it's impossible to put down cause every chapter stops with a cliffhanger and I don't like stopping in the middle of chapters so I read those book in one sitting. Haha so if you haven't read those books, GO READ THEM!!!!
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
I'm with you emlincr. the hunger games are so good I can't wait for Mockingjay to come out. At the risk of sounding twi-fanish, are you on team gale or team peeta?
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে LoveforSeverus said…
I was so excited to read Twilight and within 2 pages I was bored and wasn't paying attention.
I was so excited to read Twilight and within 2 pages I was bored and wasn't paying attention.

My friends say that about Harry Potter. (they hate Twilight though. Thank god) Like, they say the books are too long and too boring but that they love the movies. :C
@potterrox This is kinda the first romance book with a love triangle that I don't know which guy I want to end up with the girl haha. But I think I'm kinda leaning towards Gale =D
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
Yeah the Hunger Games are awesome :D Team Gale all the way.
omg I love the Hunger Games!!!! O.O

I think I'm on team Peeta. haha has everyone read the first 2?
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
i love the hunger games so much! Okay, mini story here :) So, I don't know if it was just the US but does anyone remember the wave of swine flu in like september-november 09? Well, I had it for about a week in October (I missed Halloween, sadly) and the only book I had to read the first day I was sick was the Hunger Games. I finished it in like three hours (like emlincr said, practically every chapter ends with a cliffhanger and, again like emlincr, I hate stopping in the middle of chapters so...yeah) and I called my dad at the bookstore and was like "bring me home Catching Fire or I will give you swine flu" So I finished Catching fire in another couple of hours and now I can't wait for...it has a name??? really?? Mockingjay, that's cool :)

@potterrox, what "team" are you? I keep referencing emlincr, but like they said, I just can't decide between Peeta and Gale either. Normally, I would be leaning for Gale, but he's not a huge part of the books so far and Peeta has always been there (in the two books at least) with Katniss and he's so sweet and lovable. But like I said, Gale's the best friend....and he's loved Katniss forever, although I supposed Peeta said he's loved her since that incident with the bread or something, I don't remember exactly what happened. Ahhhh I don't know :( I'll be overjoyed for whoever she chooses, and miserable for the one she doesn't.
I love what they said happened in the second book... *wink*
meh
"Well, I had it for about a week in October (I missed Halloween, sadly)"

Oh, you caught piggy flu too?
Sucked, didn't it?
D:
I got it at the beginnning of October and could barely walk right my fever was so high.
I got swine flu last year as well. I woke up and felt so sick... then later on I accidentally gave it to my sister, lol.
big smile
win I got the first post on this page :)
smile
i might have to go read those hunger games books :D
also i'm obviously just a slow reader haha :)
বছরখানেক আগে Guin90 said…
Wow. I don't think I know anyone in australia who got swine flu. I guess it just wasn't that bad over here.

I've only read one of the hunger games books, but i did really enjoy it, so i might just have to go and read the sequels too!
^ I got a mild case of swine flu and I'm an Australian.

though I am getting a slight English accent. I can't pronounce naughty little girl or Peter Pettigrew without sounding British...
About the hunger games, I think I like Gale, but then Peeta goes and does something so sweet. Arrrrhhhhhhgggggg! I'm torn, and they would both be so perfect for her :( the third book is called 1Mockingjay, and it comes out sometime in August. I can't wait!