Book 3 Mistakes
Prisoner of Azkaban
NOTE: Many of these book mistakes were corrected in later versions, so the mistake may not appear in your HP book.
* The cover of Prisoner of Azkaban (American version) clearly depicts the night that Harry and Hermione save Sirius and Buckbeak. That night is also supposed to be a full moon, as stated in the book. However, on the back side of the cover, the moon appears to be crescent when it should be a full moon. Thanks, Laura!
* In the UK version of POA, page 45 primarily states that Harry is being waited on দ্বারা the manager of Flourish and Blotts. The manager takes him to the Divination section and takes down Unfogging the Future. However, after Harry is fixated on the Death Omens book, the manager is suddenly referred to as the "assistant." Thanks, Kelly!
* In the US version of Book 3, on page 65, when Mr. Weasley is arguing with Mrs. Weasley at the Leaky Cauldron, he says, "You know what Harry and Ron are like, wandering off দ্বারা themselves--they've ended up in the Forbidden Forest twice!" Ron has only been in the Forbidden Forest once--to see Aragog in COS. Thanks, Doug!
* In the American version of Prisoner of Azkaban, page 72, first paragraph, it states that "Harry and Ron led the way to the end of the train, past packed compartments, to a carriage that looked quite empty. They loaded the trunks onto it, stowed Hedwig and Crookshanks in the luggage rack, then went back outside..."
On page 74, it states that "Harry, Ron, and Hermione set off down the corridor, looking for an empty compartment, but all were full except for the one at the very end of the train. This one had only one occupant, a man sitting fast asleep পরবর্তি to the window."
They had just put their belongings into an empty compartment, so they didn't need to look for another.
On page 76, it states, "A faint, tinny sort of whistle was coming from somewhere. They looked all around the compartment. 'It's coming from your trunk, Harry,' ব্যক্ত Ron, standing up and reaching into the luggage rack."
Their trunks couldn't have been in that compartment as they had stowed them in another one. Thanks, Genevieve!
* In Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, American paperback version, page 186, paragraph 10, there are no end উদ্ধৃতি when Professor Lupin is talking. It says, "'They planted the Whomping Willow the same বছর that I arrived at Hogwarts. People used to play a game, trying to get near enough to touch the trunk. In the end, a boy called Davey Gudgeon nearly হারিয়ে গেছে an eye, and we were forbidden to go near it. No broomstick would have a chance." Thanks, Rachel!
* Prisoner of Azkaban, UK edition: On page 242, it says, "Harry felt strangely unreal, and even আরো so when he saw Buckbeak a few yards away, tethered to a বৃক্ষ behind Hagrid's কুমড়া patch." Later, on page 293, however, it says, "Harry began to fumble with the rope tying Buckbeak to the fence." Here Buckbeak is tied to a fence, not a tree. Thanks, Alissa!
* Throughout the series, the future Hufflepuff prefect is referred to as "Ernie Macmillan." However, on page 244 of the American hardcover edition of POA, his last name is spelled "McMillan."
* It says on page 250 (American hardback) and page 185 (UK edition), Chapter 13, that all of the players on the Ravenclaw Quidditch team ride on Cleansweep Sevens. However, on page 254 (American) and page 188 (UK) it states that Wood told Harry that Cho Chang (Ravenclaw Seeker) rides a Comet Two Sixty. Thanks, Jordan and Vaidehi!
* On page 324, it says that after his exam with Professor Trelawney, "Harry got up, picked up his bag and turned to go." But when Professor Trelawney began her prediction, the book then says, "Her eyes started to roll. Harry sat there in a panic." How could Harry be sitting when it states that he got up right before Professor Trelawney began her prediction? Thanks, Melissa!
* On page 341 (American Hardback edition) it says "Ron crawled to the চার পোস্টার and collapsed onto it." But then when Professor Lupin comes in, it says, "His eyes flickered over Ron, lying on the floor." This cannot be, as Ron is lying on the bed. Thanks, Kaylyn!
* In the American version of Prisoner Of Azkaban, page 380, when the group is exiting the Whomping Willow, it states: "Black saw Snape up through the hole, then stood back for Hermione and Harry to pass."
But then on page 408, after Harry and Hermione turned back time and are watching their other selves, "They saw Lupin, Ron, and Pettigrew clambering awkwardly out of the hole in the roots. Then came Hermione...then the unconscious Snape, drifting weirdly upward. পরবর্তি came Harry and Black."
The order is different. The first time, it's Snape, Harry, Hermione, and Sirius. The সেকেন্ড time, it's Hermione, Snape, Harry, and Sirius. Thanks, Genevieve
* Page 400 states: "Hagrid turned around and headed back into his cabin, leaving the back door ajar." This allows Harry and Hermione to hear the conversation inside. Then, on page 402, it says: "Hagrid's back door had opened with a bang." How can it open again, since it was never closed? Thanks, Kristen!
Credit - Mugglnet