Luigi Luigi "Boo Buster" for Halloween, 2011

odiemodie posted on Oct 09, 2011 at 09:49PM
Ay! Howza's ya all doing? OK? Thatsa good!

As the holiday seasons fast approach us, kicking off with the Halloween fests going on in my main town of Honolulu, I'm going to try build a Poltergust 3000 Ghost vac pac to add to my present Luigi cosplay.

But I find them to be scarce, and expensive when I do find one, over $200 buckaroos for one small/ compact vac, and I'm on a budget right now (bills, and still have the MegaMan X cosplay to work on before Kawaii Kon).I'm thinking of building one by scratch, won'tlook as good as the original, but gotta be this close...I hope I will get it done by this trick or treat time coming up, but wish me good luck y'all!

Ciao'!

Odie

Ay! Howza's ya all doing? OK? Thatsa good! As the holiday seasons fast approach us, kicking off with
last edited on Oct 14, 2011 at 01:25AM
save

Luigi 5 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে odiemodie said…
UPDATE:

AY! Howza ya all doin'? Spooky time is almost here! The Boos are starting to run rampant in my side of town, so I gotta gear up for the big FRIGHT NIGHT! MOMMA MIA!

Good news... I've found a canister vac for my Poltergust 3000 Boo Buster cosplay! It was rather on a stroke of luck, I guess... but I think of it as alot of hardcore searchin' and investigating around like a real paranomal agent, looking for clues as to the whereabouts of a certain spook, or in this case, vacuum!

Generally, it would be easier if I just bought one outright from a hardware or known retail store, such as Lowe's or Kmart, but I went to a local store best known here in Hawai'i, Don Quiote's, formerly Shirokia's, a Japanese and local owned department store that has almost everything you can image for the home. I just lucked out when after a good day of trooping with my Star Wars group, The 501st Legion, for a Halloween fest at one of Oahu's largest public libraries, on the way home I made the stop at Don's, went right to the household/ appliance dept, and lo an' behold...I saw an Eureka Maxima Rally canister vac... it was the "demo" model that was used for display, and for demostrations of how it works. It was rather scuffed, alittle battered, but in good shape, the only minus out of all of this is the vacuum attachments were missing... left my number with the awesome sales clerk who helped me in optaining it to call should they find them somewhere in the storage in the back. Bugga! almost got it complete! He gave me a number to a outlet that may have the hoses and attachments for my vac, should they couldn't find it. I need to know soon... I have a gathering and photoshoot with the HAWAI'I GHOSTBUSTERS DIVISION tomorrow! Yikes! Well, at least, I've got the vac for way less of the original price it costed: a $80.00 vac for $23 bucks!!! WOO! Well, gotta start working on it in time for the GBH photoshoot! Will post before and after pics shortly! Ciao'!
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
cool
Ay! Isa back! The results of my hard work in making the Poltergust 3000: Still needs some tweeking, but pretty much about 95% done, gotta shorten the hose tubing abit, but she isa good to go! Later, I'll install a flashing red LEd light indicator in the back, then a compact battery-powered stobe in the vaccum hose front portal. Boo an' Spooks... Look out! BOO-BUSTIN' LUIGI IS HERE!

last edited বছরখানেক আগে
 Ay! Isa back! The results of my hard work in making the Poltergust 3000: Still needs some tweeking, b
cool
The Poltergust 3000, I call it "the Ferrari of Boo-packs"... Red and Black paint, chrome-alloy looking rear wheel caps... lol...
 The Poltergust 3000, I call it "the Ferrari of Boo-packs"... Red and Black paint, chrome-alloy lookin
cool
The P 3000 (formely a Eureka Maxima Canister vac)in its' before stage and paint color... loved it, but had to give it up for to match the original one in the video game... Can't wait for Halloween... and the premee of LUIGI'S MANSION 2 in 2012!
YEOW-ZA!
 The P 3000 (formely a Eureka Maxima Canister vac)in its' before stage and paint color... loved it, bu
বছরখানেক আগে Claufufu said…
smile
Hey! I'm also cosplaying Luigi for next year Comic Con here in Chile :D Can I ask you how did you paste to the vacuum cleaner the.....um...school-bag shoulders? (sorry, I don't speack english very well) Thanks !