Luigi Do আপনি cosplay as LUIGI? If so... WHY?

odiemodie posted on Sep 03, 2012 at 08:23PM
Ay, how are ya all doin'? Pleasin' as pasta, I hope!

The topic of this thread is to ask the one and only diehard question of all fans of that green, lanky Italian plumber:

DO YOU COSPLAY AS LUIGI?

To start off, I'll explain why I like to don the ol' overalls with a green shirt and that hat with the "L" on it, which definitely does not stand for "Loser'! So far, no one has addressed me on that, or I'd say: "No, it doesn't mean that, ita stands for "Lucky Luigi"! lol.

Anyways, I got into cosplaying him not because I like playing SMB games, but was as a last minute quick make costume for my attire in the Animega Mix Dance-off contest at Kawaii Kon back in 2010. Danced to a compliation music mix of Gaming sounds from the original SMB with Madonna's "Holiday". Didn't win, but did so the following year, third place. After that, cosplaying as Luigi became my character of choice, not only at the Kon, but to fundraisers for non profit groups and establishments (MDA, Shriners Children's Hospital, Cure for Diabetes, Walk for Life, Senior Citizens centers, and my newest labor of Love, Meals on wheels to the home and bed bound individuals). Community service for others is much more fun when you're in Cosplay! Also promoting and educating the public of the Anime/ Otaku movement, thus, spreading the word cosplaying rocks! So far, had nothing but good reactions from many, and a few who needed enlightment from a well known and popular gaming character... eh! Thatsa me! The next biggest step is to establish a Harajuku district for the visiting cosplayers from Japan, Asia, US, and locals as well. Soon, a cool hangout for costumed crazies! Many of the Japanese visitors are comfortable with me as the other half of Mario. While at the mall, a shy little Japanese girl approached me, and gave me a big hug. her Father speaking in english told me she never does that to anyone she doesn't know, but she loves Luigi! Ay... it's good to be LUIGI! :)

Well... that was just THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG for me... now the question goes back to you:

Do you Cosplay as LUIGI? If so... WHY?

Note: if not Luigi, then what Anime character... IF SO... WHY?

CIAO'!

Luigi No উত্তর