দ্যা পেঙ্গুইন অব মাদাগাস্কার Viral PoM Video - Your thoughts

quasomeness posted on May 06, 2011 at 12:22AM
I've heard some rumors that PoM may be canceled sooner or later. We really don't know the future of our show, but it looks bleak. I think we, as PoM fans, might be able to change this.

Now we know how popular Youtube is. We could use Youtube to save our show. We could create a video that will hopefully become viral and will attract people of all different ages, especially other teenagers, to PoM.

This video would be a spoof of football fans. There would be teenage PoM fans cheering on every action done by the characters (Yes, even walking) of the show. The reactions of the fans would imitate those of football fans. They might say things like, "Yeah! You go, Private! Hit that golf ball!" In my thought of the video, there would be a bowl of chips, foam fingers, and other stuff. There would also be ski masks that the fans would wear to represent how covert they are, like the penguins.

Now this is just a thought. I'm not sure what sort of effect this video, if it becomes viral, would have on PoM. Would it affect the movie profits?

Just for the record, this fourm was posted several months ago when I was really into trying to save PoM from cancellation.
last edited on Nov 26, 2011 at 10:22PM

দ্যা পেঙ্গুইন অব মাদাগাস্কার 19 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে EppofangirlXD said…
tongue
well, I have no idea how to make a video...and how are we going to get fans to go cheer?
বছরখানেক আগে quasomeness said…
Oh, this is just an idea to save PoM. I'm not asking fans to cheer yet. And I wouldn't want them to cheer if they don't want to cheer in front of a camera.
বছরখানেক আগে Penguinangel said…
I really don't know where you'd get enough people together to do this. If you happen to have a crowd of die-hard PoM fans at your school you can get to help, or just a bunch of idiots that wanna be on Youtube, then please, I'd love to see it! But then it would have to be pretty epic to go viral. Well, all I can really say here is good luck, buddy.
বছরখানেক আগে evviefoxx said…
I haven't heard any news that states that POM might be canceled. In fact, just signing on for the second season ensured the show to run for another five years and that was just back in... what... August? Not sure, but it was only last year. I doubt they'll get cancelled soon.

Edit: Buuut... a fun video would be awesome. Good idea and good luck!
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে Kowalski355 said…
big smile
^ im like you, ive never heard of POM being canseled, and with all us fans, i dout it ever will soon. ...

But, a vid would be perfect. XD Although i never learned how to make a vid. yet, I think that would be awesome.
বছরখানেক আগে SJF_Penguin2 said…
It's hard to get a video to go viral. The most-viewed video (it's non-PoM) I've ever created is close to 40,000 views, but it's taken nearly three years to get there.

I will say something like having fans cheering "You go, Private! Hit that golf ball!" would be funny, but would it go viral? Or would it just be enjoyed by those already involved in the fandom who would seek it out? Unfortunately, the Internet is too unpredictable for a definitive answer.

To have a better shot at going viral, maybe we should also add babies and puppies into the mix? Maybe cats, too, since Skipper once commented on how many cat videos the Internet has.
বছরখানেক আগে Penguinangel said…
That gives me an idea! Laughing baby videos get tons of hits! Maybe we could find someone who has a baby that laughs everytime one of the penguins says something? But I still don't know that it would go viral...

I mean, if you really think about it, how many videos based a tv show go viral? Usually they're of something completely unbelievable, or of something stupid beyond all reason.
Like trying to start a stadium wave inside. With only 4 or 5 people.
or, we should make an lolpenguins, just like lolcats.
These are very creative ideas. But what would attract the most viewers, PoM and non-PoM fans?
বছরখানেক আগে candlefairy_13 said…
laugh
@quasomeness: Hmm... Their awesomeness and witty sense of humor???

Music always catches people's attention. How about making one with the song "All the Small Things" by Blink 182. It's quite catchy!
বছরখানেক আগে AgentJazzy00 said…
big smile
Hmmm,how about some body starts a flashmob(random dancing)with this song link but replace the "Barbra Streisand" with the penguins names(just put penguin for their last name)
All you need is:
LOTS of people(about 15 or more)
A boombox(ask your parents if you don't have one)
A place to practice(try your backyard)
Opt.Costumes(penguins or lemurs)
Annnnd somewhere to DANCE!!!Oh and you need to have synchronized dance moves so it can be awesome.XD
Well, a great place to get a party started is at a heavily crowded place, such as a stadium. We could do what AgentJazzy00 said, in addition to holding up a sign at the video cameras for a game broadcast chanting "What do we want to watch? Penguins of Madagascar! When do we want it? Now!" The question is, where would I find the people do do all these good ideas?
tongue
OR remember that Casey (or whatever his name is) who beat up his bully and them became SUPER famous because the whole thing was just on video..? why don't we just beat up OUR bullies, get it on video, let it go viral on youtube, let the News get it's attention, let it get on the news, let a reporter ask you questions, and when she/he asks 'so what do you want to tell all those children who look up to you?' you say: 'remember to brush your teeth, eat your vegetables, and watch the Penguins Of Madagascar!' and next thing you know, people from everywhere shall be watching PoM!

Okay, my idea is stupid and only has a 0.00001% of happening XP
tongue
OR someone gets leukemia and makes a thousand paper cranes, and then SURVIVES! That will get them famous for sure! Though, is anyone willing to get cancer?
peacebaby7 commented…
I've read that book about the paper cranes. Good book. বছরখানেক আগে
sick
I have sick fantasies -_-'
বছরখানেক আগে cattoy10 said…
big smile
Icicle1penguin can make good videos
you should ask her or RockOnPom
বছরখানেক আগে mostar1219 said…
laugh
Good idea. FAR, UH HUH, BEYOND THE NATION, UH HUH, THERE ARE GREAT, UH HUH, WING-ED SENSATIONS, UH HUH. POM, POM, POM!!!!!!! Also, I could make more songs and song parodies about POM.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
peacebaby7 commented…
That is beautiful. XD বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে mostar1219 said…
smile
hmm, maybe we can check this out. it might help with this operation.