Severus & Lucius: Beneath the Masks Jason Isaacs: Gods, I প্রণয় this man. <3

BlackHound posted on Jun 13, 2011 at 07:19AM
link

link

Quote: "Look, I play all these tough guys and thugs and strong, complex characters. In real life, I am a cringing, neurotic Jewish mess. Can't I for once play that on stage?"

How about a complex and emotionally deep version of Lucius Malfoy? ;)

**Faints**

From "Metro Online":

Is it a relief to have finished the Harry Potter films?

I never had a middle name before, but I’ll be Jason ‘Lucius Malfoy’ Isaacs until the last job I do. I’ve been doing it for ten years. It’s like going back to a favourite holiday destination. Sitting around listening to Michael Gambon, Maggie Smith, Julie Walters and Alan Rickman tell stories about their careers is fantastic, people would pay for that. I’m heartbroken it’s finished.

You’ve worked with lots of young actors – have any been obnoxious?

I could tell you stories of warped perspectives and inverted families but I won’t because I plan to continue working. The children on Harry Potter are incredibly grounded. They’ve been surrounded by the same crew for ten years so they’ve got a balanced view of the world.

Just really needed to share. :-)
save

Severus & Lucius: Beneath the Masks 6 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে nene72 said…
big smile
:) than you for sharing!
বছরখানেক আগে BlackHound said…
laugh
You're welcome! I certainly have a greater appreciation for the man.
বছরখানেক আগে jester616 said…
I read in last week's Entertainment Weekly (I think, or US) that he will star in an NBC program this fall entitled "Awake." He will be a person living in parallel worlds. Look forward to it!
I've read something about that too...I think it's great!
heart
Great interview link.
বছরখানেক আগে karenmiller1972 said…
heart
I caught Peter Pan with Jason Isaacs in it on the tv the other night. Have started watching it but had to stop earlier. I had forgotten that Jason Isaacs played the concerned and anxious father Mr. Darling!
But then, my memory was more than taken up by his portrayal of James Hook. I did have to watch up to the scene where he first appears as the Captain and you see him shirtless, piraty (is that a word?) and putting on his hook, a contraption of metal and leather....did I mention bare chested? With such a delightful chest...

Well, I think I may have to go back and re-watch that opening scene again....you know, just to make sure I didn't miss anything....LOL!