The Host There will be a sequel!!!

fawkes716 posted on Jul 17, 2008 at 04:44AM
I promise! In the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly they did an interview with Stephenie Meyer.
The article states "She already has a first and second sequel to The Host mapped out in her head." The article also mentions that she has already written four chapters of a ghost story she is calling 'Summer House'.

The Host 73 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 73

বছরখানেক আগে cheergeek said…
Yeah... the soul, then the seeker ^^
Too bad it won't be for while. But oh well, I can live.
বছরখানেক আগে kitticat2 said…
Does the trilogy go like this: The Host, The Seeker and The Soul.

Or does it go like this: The Host, The Soul, and The Seeker.

I've heard it both ways, but I like the first way more. The Host, The Seeker and The Soul...it seems to flow better.
বছরখানেক আগে zoomonkees said…
OMG really? I liked the book a lot and, though I think it could stop there if it wanted to, I wandered if there was going to be a continuation of the story...
oh, this is amazing! Thanks for the news!
বছরখানেক আগে angelicdevil789 said…
It goes The Host, The Soul and the Seeker. It says in her interview with MTV, I think.
বছরখানেক আগে keaf20 said…
that is pretty exciting!
last I heard was that she still wasn't sure.

I'm super excited.
but now it's gonna be a long wait just like it's been for BD.
-sigh-

বছরখানেক আগে chillibanana11 said…
are you serious ive been dying to find out if there was gonna be a sequal! i bet its gonna be great! and summer house sounds cool. but im extatic to find out there will be a sequal.
বছরখানেক আগে peanutbutter111 said…
YESSSSSSSSSS its gona be superr

summer house...hmm ok cant wait to hear what thats all about
বছরখানেক আগে shortynme said…
Wow I'm out of the loop! lol I heard that she was writing a sequel to The Host but I hadn't heard there were two and that she had names for them! lol And what's this about a ghost story?! Sweet stuff!
বছরখানেক আগে redkie said…
yay !!! i know i was so happy when i found out! ^^
বছরখানেক আগে OTHGossipGirl said…
YAY! That makes me so happy!
বছরখানেক আগে wandarer said…
I read somewhere that she had said that if she would write a sequel one of the main characters would die.
I'm freaking out now. Sure I badly want more but if she kills Ian or Wanda, I'm done!!!
বছরখানেক আগে emma-jeff said…
Woop woop!!!!!!! Im so excited! Stephenie's so awesome!
বছরখানেক আগে Poppee said…
OMG!! I never read anywhere she was going to kill anyone off!! I'd be ok of it were Jeb, but not Kyle, Sunny, IAN, Wanda, Melanie, Jamie, or Jared. I would be so mad and so depressed if she killed any of them off, especially IAN!!
বছরখানেক আগে wandererian said…
yeah i agree with Poppee, it's k if Jeb dies but not the other main characters that would just b...emo! but at least she's writing a sequel I'M EXCITED! i hope it doesnt take like years for it to come out. probably will though?
বছরখানেক আগে DefineDelicate said…
boy do i feel left out O___O i mean..for real? is she really writing a squeal??? i'm so effing happy about that. WHOOOOHOOOOOOOO :D :D ;)
বছরখানেক আগে twilightfan22 said…
that is soooo cool i cant wait!! WAHOO!!!
বছরখানেক আগে Jericlove28 said…
I herd that she was either completley done with the sequel or almost done with it. But if she did kill someone off i HOPE WITH ALL OF THE HATRED IN MY HEART THAT IT IS SHARON!!!!! GRR I HATE SHARON!!! I hope she doesn't kill Ian, Doc, Kyle, Wanda, Jared, or Melanie, or Jamie if jamie died it would be so boring becuase melanie would like be all dpress and so would wanda and ugg.
বছরখানেক আগে odd-duck said…
Wait-a sequel, where do you guys read this? I was completely clueless!!!!!!!! And Summer house-when's that out?
বছরখানেক আগে ragga said…
Im sure it will take a while though :/

i hope she comes out with another book soon (any other book).. As long as shes written it I bet its good no matter what :)
বছরখানেক আগে MrsZECullen said…
OMG OI!!! I KNOW!!! I heard this a couple of weeks ago from my friend but didn't have time to post but I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE REST OF THE TRILOGY!!! It's so totally freaking awesome!!!
বছরখানেক আগে cait045 said…
I heard months ago that Stephenie Meyers was going to make a sequel but has anyone heard anything new? Like when its coming out?
বছরখানেক আগে Slenix said…
I can't absolutely wait for the sequel. I really hope she publishes it soon. I made some covers on what I think the cover should look like. Which one is better?

link

or

link
বছরখানেক আগে Tiste-Liosan said…
Jared can die or melanie they aren't the main characters Wanderer is
বছরখানেক আগে VampireFreak29 said…
crying
OMG! YAY!!! i cant wait, i LOVED this book alot and cant wait for the sequal. I am sooo happy i am crying. YAY!!!!
বছরখানেক আগে krystalp4evar said…
big smile
yes!!!!!!!!!Im sooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!yaayayayayayay!
বছরখানেক আগে freakles said…
i heared that she is making a sequel to the host with the soul and the seeker in aswell and also i heared that she is writing another book called summer house and another one about mermaids aswell but i dont know when they r out

do u no wen the film is out????? please tell me if u no
বছরখানেক আগে cmtaggie said…
k im glad there will b sequels but from the titles it sounds like it wont be from wandas perspective:( i dont want it to b anyone elses.......but the other issue about killing off a character, if ian dies i will burn the book. no joke. ian cannot die. if it would be anyone else i would still hate it but i would deal...im kinda hopin sharon and maggie hav an attitude change soon...i dont want them to die either
বছরখানেক আগে XoDanielle_04Xo said…
meh
i only have 1 question . . . if their is a sequel then why isnt it om her official website?!?! it took me soooo long to finally prove to myself there will be a sequel. . . but she jusst updated her page and there is still no news of a sequel its kinda confusingg xD, if their is gonna be a sequel is it comming out this year i am soo excitedd for it...but i kno i will cry if someonee really important dies and then everything goes all depressed xP. . .does anyone kno the answer to these questions?? . . . . .lol i might as well write a book
বছরখানেক আগে getoverit said…
The reasons why Stephenie hasn't posted anything "official" on her website are #1 because last time she announced that Midnight Sun was coming out everyone freaked out and it ended up leaking out all over the internet VERY prematurely #2 She is very critical of herself and doesn't do well under FANS like all of you that expect your own ending to HER books #3 She likes to be alone in a project and she will not announce it until she, herself is completely done with it and satisfied with how she concludes things.
Along with this, I hope to encourage you all from keeping your own melodrama to yourselves. Appreciate her talent and take what she gives us and be satisfied with it. If you were a true fan of hers you would not be saying things like, "if this happens I'm going to burn the book". That is completely unfair for her to see and read things like that from her fans. And I am sure it hurts her, as she is already very critical of herself.
And yes, I am sure that she will come up with many more and exciting books such as the mermaid book, but like I stated earlier, SHE LIKES TO WORK ALONE. And again, if you are a fan do not spread negativity about her work.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে aholic said…
smile
Someone has done a little research or know Stephenie in real life! :P But thanks a lot, I've been wondering about it since I finished the host.
বছরখানেক আগে edward_n_jasper said…
big smile
im soooo happy!!!!!!! yeah!!!
বছরখানেক আগে LoveYouIan said…
WOW!!!!
My friend bought me a book that was signed by the author and told me to read it. So thats what i did. When i finished I realized that i loved this book and that it was by Stephanie!!!!
Sad thing is is that it ended and there wasnt more >.<
I really wanted it to be a movie or for another book to come after. But lo and behold! There is talk .... i just didnt hear!!!

thanks to all of you for the comments! I'll go see everything on the Host now!!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!!
বছরখানেক আগে denie8 said…
big smile
OMFG!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! IM SO EXCITED!!!
lol I finished it yesterday and I absolutley LOVE it!! Cant wait :D
বছরখানেক আগে snoznoodle said…
Well said getoverit (and I love the name)!
Do we have a definite date for the Soul yet? It's been known about for quite a while now and it seems like she's a pretty fast writer.
বছরখানেক আগে aquamist96 said…
laugh
YAY! XD I really love this book, and I can't wait for the sequel; I feel like the Host was a little better written than the Twilight Saga, but I'm a huge Twilight freak too. Anyway, the sequel needs to come out soon!
বছরখানেক আগে twilightfan1997 said…
big smile
yay! i was thinking at the end ' she cant just leave it like that!' and shes gonna have a new book out? thats freakin awesome. im not gonna be able to sleep till they come out.
বছরখানেক আগে MrsPMJ said…
laugh
OMG Really? Sequels? YAY!
বছরখানেক আগে Czc23 said…
jared and melanie cannot die in any of the stories because they are intergral to the make-up of her plots. but i could see jeb dieing possibly,as that would provoke another member/members of the caves to step up and take charge. jared or ian are most likely.
but im quite excited for the releases of the three.
বছরখানেক আগে janelzm said…
well when I finished the book I suspected there might be more...never thought it would turn out to be true!!! I agree with the fact that Stephanie likes to work along but can't help guessing. I imagine Kyle would get himself caught and swallow the cyanide, but they somehow healed him and put a seeker in him, and then he wasn't able to take over, so the seekers went to the desert, and all of them would be forced to move...well just wild guesses. But if all the sequels happen in the one safehouse it would be kinda too safe, and Stephanie sure does NOT play safe.
বছরখানেক আগে love_ian said…
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa omgomgomg can't wait!!! i thought she has to choose between "midnightsun" and "the seeker"! i'm SO happy she didn't have to do that. i read the host like a million times xD oh and the other book, "summer house"? i'm so definitely going to read it. aahhh i wasn't sure if she's really going to write the seeker, but know that i know she will, life is suddenly a better place to live :D xD
বছরখানেক আগে love_ian said…
i agree, it's unfair to say stuff like "i'll burn the book" etc. it's CRUEL. she doesn't have to do this you know. like she doesn't have problems of her own, i mean c'mon guys she does this just because she wants do make us happy and because she loves to do it. pressure isn't something that will make it easier on her. ALTHOUGH i just can't wait for the books to come out xD :) we all know it will be great, so why to worry?
বছরখানেক আগে DreamingOfYou said…
laugh
I can't wait to see what the sequel is about! But I really, really, REALLY hope she doesn't go in the New Moon direction and have Ian and Wanda split up. . . that would wreak the whole sereie for me!
Also, I heard that in the paperback edition, there's going to be an extra chapter. Is this true? Does anyone know when it's coming out? If it's true, I can't wait to see what it's about!!!
বছরখানেক আগে Ivonne26 said…
I hope this is true...
বছরখানেক আগে AngelicaCullen said…
yeah
বছরখানেক আগে kenziepopper said…
heart
The host is sooooo much better than twilight. I just had to by it. i couldn't wait for the library to have it.
বছরখানেক আগে hostinhostess said…
I cannot wait for this book to come out!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
বছরখানেক আগে soxandflopsy said…
i know you cant beleive wikipedia, but it says that the next book entitled the soul is "almost done" :D
বছরখানেক আগে angie_aplomb said…
OMG!!!!!! IM SO EXCITED!!!

i freaking love this book...it was so good!
stephenie meyer is my effin hero...i will buy anything she writes thats for sure ugh cant wait for the sequel to come out!
বছরখানেক আগে Rippy said…
Hmm..everyone seems to have a fondness for Ian, but I would stick to the thought of a main character (you know, the bunch Wanda's most close to) dying. It would make the story harsh rather than always being 'Happy'(lol)And, I am on my toes about the new book, I hope Stephanie Meyer doesn't get upset and stop writing again, that will make me upset. And, whaddaya know, I didn't think that The Host would be quite as good as Twilight, but it only took me seconds to know that Stephanie Meyer (again)had bound me in one of her books and addicted me to it. I hope she writes many many books, and become famous and write more and more!(With famous, I meant filthy rich!)She has a born talent for Romance. I'm gonna like this new book 'Summer House', hopefully it will give me Horror-Romance which is better than all!(Hey, in the Caves[The Host], isn't it always summer? Hmm...Meyer seems to like summer a lot..)
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে twilover99 said…
big smile
YAY HOST