1916, August 20
It's been eight long days. During the last years I learned how to hate other people and this hatred helped me hundred of times. It's easier when আপনি have someone to blame, I noticed it when Arthur died. But though there where times when I didn't feel like a normal human and thought that it's only my fault, I've never hated myself as much as I did now.
Cynthia tried to pretend strong, but the pain in her face always betrayed her. I, on the other hand, had much less punishments than before. It's was a perfect Hell-hound's plan because seeing my little sister being hurt only for my mistakes, অথবা better to say, for my abnormalities... It was unbearable.
The staff arranged everything perfectly. They fabricated papers that Cynthia wasn't Cynthia. She was just another crazy patient pretending to be a normal girl who was kidnapped while trying to rescue her older sister. It was bad that Cynthia and I really didn't look like we were sisters: I had extremely pale skin, black eyes and hair while she was much taller, tanned with auburn hair and gray eyes. But the worst thing of all was that Cynthia was very beautiful though she were only 14 years old.
Her beauty attracted many glances from staff but that didn't scare me so much. My biggest concern was Kensley. After seeing Cynthia locked in the cell he had conflicting feelings - he was afraid that someone will find out the truth and he will be in very big trouble, but also he couldn't take his eyes of my sister. His visits became আরো frequent and I started to worry even more. My intuition was telling me that Cynthia being beaten wasn't the worst thing. And one night a vision proved that I was right.
1916, September 22
Apparently, the খুঁজুন for missing girl Cynthia Abigail Brandon wasn't long. People gave up quite quickly because many thought that she just went crazy as her sister and ran away. I knew that my parents were still trying, but I could see that their efforts was worthless.
After the খুঁজুন ended and all the fuss calmed down, one night Kensley made a decision. He overcame his fear to be caught and punished for his crimes and he decided to commit another one. That night he entered Cynthia's cell for a first but not the last time. And I started to hate myself even more. It was my fault. Only mine. If only I hadn't had these visions... I will never forgive myself for the abuse my sister has to go through.
1917, April 11
And when I think everything can't be worse... It gets worse. I guess I'm cursed and bring the curse to everyone who is around me. A few days পূর্বে I had a vision that stunned and also disgusted me. My sister was pregnant. On the other occasion I would be happy but now, when she's only fifteen, locked in asylum and the father is that monster who called himself a doctor... I decided to be strong for Cynthia, I already knew that she will accept this new calmly. Moreover, I knew that she will প্রণয় her baby despite wanting her child's father dead.
After a few weeks we were even happy. This horrible place, this hole hadn't প্রদত্ত even a সেকেন্ড of hope, but now we had something we can dream about. We imagined how baby would look like, the color of his অথবা her eyes, the voice, the hair... We tried to remember all the beautiful names we ever heard and to pick up the most suitable. We even laughed sometimes when no one was seeing. Kensley also noticed her pregnancy and though he wasn't happy about since he had a wife he ordered not harm Cynthia so it was a good news.
Sometimes at night I keep wondering how everything will turn out. Cynthia is happier now but what will happen when a baby will be born? I try to foresee anything in our future but all I can see, if I can see at all, is a couple unimportant events in a nearby future. I really wish that everything will be okay.
1917, November 30
She is born! I don't remember myself being so happy ever. It's even hard to remember that some time পূর্বে I was depressed অথবা worried. The girl is simply perfect. She has Cynthia's eyes and my mom's curly hair. Cynthia named her Gabrielle. She is tired and weak after giving a birth to that little অ্যাঞ্জেল but my visions are telling me that her health will get better.
I'm holding tiny baby in my arms and গান গাওয়া a lullaby I've created while we were expecting her. The moment is so peaceful that I even ignore the feeling that I should me আরো concentrated on the future. What wrong could happen if we have such a wonderful creature right here?
1917, December 06
Our happiness didn't last long. Kensley considered himself as a cautious man. He already took a risk with my sister but he had a back-up plan if anyone would find out. He had already created a story that Cynthia was crazy as I was and he locked her up for everyone's safety. Of course, if she would say anything, he would claim that she is lying. And who would trust that crazy girl and start doubting a respectable doctor? But his plan didn't had an explanation for a baby. So he decided to solve this problem.
He came at night. He always come at night. Since he made his choice while I was sleeping a vision couldn't warn me. Gabrielle was a good sleeper so we all slept peacefully when he entered the cell. When I opened my eyes he already had a girl in his hands. Cynthia was still sleeping and I didn't want her to wake up. At first, I even thought that he just came to hold his daughter in his hands but when he started moving towards door:
- No, stop!!! ,- I screamed and ran to him, but he pushed me away with one hand. - Give her back to me!,- I tried to reach for a baby but he didn't let me. Cynthia was awaken but she couldn't understand what's happening.
- No, don't! Don't take away her! Please... Don't ...,- I sobbed and fell on my knees.
- I beg you...,- he gave one quick look then turned around and in a few সেকেন্ড he was gone with a baby. He took the only meaning of our lives.
When Cynthia finally understood what had happened she went crazy: she cried, screamed, threatened, than cried again. I thought that Gabrielle put everything together, she filled the missing parts of my soul, but now, without her, I felt like I've shattered into million pieces again.
When Cynthia was captured দ্বারা Hell-hound and locked with me in asylum, soon she started believing that I can see the future. Occasionally she would have asked me about one অথবা another thing and I had told her everything I know, but after Gabrielle's abduction she started demanding me to look in girl's future. She wanted to know where she is, is she safe, is she hungry, is there anyone who could look after her for now. At the beginning I couldn't answer any of those questions, but I kept practicing and a bit after bit I was able to foresee something. I saw Gabrielle being adopted দ্বারা old couple who apparently seemed to be nice. It calmed Cynthia a little bit but she was determined to run away and get her baby back. And I promised her my help.
1917, December 24
Christmas' Eve seemed to be a perfect timing for escape. It was extremely hard to persuade Cynthia to wait this long. Most of the staff was gone প্রথমপাতা to celebrate and who stayed was drunk pretty soon. The only our problem was Hell-hound. I saw a vision of her joining the drunken ones for a while and that was our only chance. I felt responsible for getting us out so I tried really hard on keeping one eye on the vision and another one on my sister who was very impatient. But I could understand her.
- Just a few minutes,- I whispered to her. She nodded. I waited until I could hear all of them গান গাওয়া and dragged her across the yard. Yesterday I had stolen keys from one of the staff who started celebrating a little bit too soon.
- C'mon,- I whispered again.
When we were out of asylum I could feel a wave of relieve. But my intuition kept telling me not to stop. We ran for a ঘন্টা when a Hell-hound realized that we're gone. And than the chase started. My ability really helped us, but even being psychic cannot save two tired people from a 7 angry people who almost surrounded you.
When I realize that we failed, I made a decision. If we can't get out of here both at least I will make sure that Cynthia will be safe. And for Gabrielle... I trusted my intuition that she will be all right without us so I stopped.
- What is it?- Cynthia looked scared
- I'm so sorry... But I can see only two options for us and neither of the আপনি will like.
- No, no, no! There has to be a way!
- Listen to me, Cynthia,- I took her face into my hands and looked straightly in her eyes. - Listen, we both are not going to make it. But know that there might be a chance for you. So I beg you, please, try to run alone while I turn their attention.
- Oh, Mary Alice...,- her eyes filled with tears,- I wouldn't leave you, but Gaby is waiting for me and...
- No,- I cut her off. It will be the most difficult part. -No, Cynthia. If আপনি will try to find her, they will find you. Listen, আপনি have to forget her. She will be fine without us,- just saying these words made me feel burning inside. But I had to take care of Cynthia. I owned her that.
- No! How can আপনি ask me to do that?! She's my daughter!
- Listen, just please listen to me. আপনি can't give her anything right now. I can see her growing with great people and being happy. Do আপনি want to take away that from her?,- I saw pain in her eyes.
-No, but how will she grow up without her mother?,- she looked desperate and I took a deep breath.
- She will think that she has a mother. A good loving mother that can guarantee her great life,- I could see her giving up.
- Than I'm staying with you. If I can't be with my baby at least I'm not leaving আপনি alone.
- No. Please, Cynthia, I beg you, please, promise me that আপনি will forget everything, that আপনি won't remember any of this terrible things that আপনি had to suffer. Promise me that আপনি won't come back to our parents cause that's what they will be expecting. Promise me that আপনি will forget everything and start a new life. For me.
- How can I do that?,- she looked terrified so I took her face again, I looked into her wet eyes hoping she will make a right choice.
- I don't have anything. Nothing, except you. I won't survive if something will happen to you. Please, Cynthia, there's the only thing in the world that I want to happen. It's আপনি forgetting and living a new life. Promise me.Please. Promise.
- I promise,- we started crying. But this time my tears was of joy. I already could see a vision with Cynthia being happy. One দিন she will get married, have kids and maybe after some years she will even return to our parents. She will be happy and that's all I was asking for.
- I promise,- she repeated,- but আপনি also have to promise me something.
- Promise me that if আপনি ever had a choice আপনি will choose to forget everything and start all over. Just like me.
- I promise. I প্রণয় you, - and I hugged her for a last time.
They chased me for a two following hours and when they finally found me they didn't expect me being so happy. Hell-hound named all the things she is going to do to me but I didn't care. Not as long as my little sister was safe. I was ready to face any consequences of that.
Not the end