আইস অ্যান্ড ফায়ার গান সঙ্কলন Is Syrio Still Alive?

Blackfish posted on May 03, 2012 at 05:37PM
I'm halfway through book 5 (dragons) and as I read each page of the books, I keep hopin Syrio is alive.
I keep thinking maybe he's one of the facelss men or something. I just found it interesting that his actual death was never told in the first book. Maybe I'm wrong, as I read Game of Thrones a few years back. Any theories?

আইস অ্যান্ড ফায়ার গান সঙ্কলন 5 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে Kaleese619 said…
wink
I hope so. I too disliked that the author wanted us to assume Syrio was dead after facing off against The Mountain. With everyone else The Mountain fought there was certain death because it was detailed, but not so with Syrio. I had thought that he and Jaqen might be one in the same especially after he changed his face and told Arya "That man is dead now, this is now who I am", then gave her the coin. There were other things as well that made me think he was once Syrio. When Syrio first met Arya he kept calling her boy...When Jaqen met her he called her "lovely boy"....later her told her he knew she was a girl and her name was once Arya of House Stark. I think maybe GRRM will try and surprise us in book six because I know Arya will cross paths with the faceless man again. It would be a hoot if one of his faces turns out to be Syrio The Sword of Brovos.
বছরখানেক আগে Blackfish said…
Kaleese619 - I hope you're right, although GRRM seems to do what I don't want him to do more often than not lol. SPOILER - I'm hoping Jon isn't really dead - I figure if GRRM doesn't say someone is actually dead i.e. Syrio, the Mountain and Jon, then i will assume they are not :)
wink
Jon is most assuredly not dead; there will be some monumental, super-strango stuff going on with all that. I think this will give him his out for the Night's Watch because he will die, of a sort, and yet he will live...maybe with the help of The Red Witch. Maybe because he is the only child born from the union of fire (Rhaegar) and ice (Lyanna). Yes, yes I am a fan of that potential outcome. I think he was foolish or short sighted for killing Robb, but Grrm aint plum dumb enough to kill off Jon Snow. Now I know that the Mountain is alive, having been turned into the monstrosity which will champion Cercei; it's the Hound I'm not so sure of. The priest said that he came upon The Hound dying and once he was dead he claims to have burried him placing the helm as a marker. I think The Hound gave up the life of the kings sword and took on the life of Sandor. I believe he is going to end up being the one to stop The New Mountain. What do you think?
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে Blackfish said…
I like the theory, and it makes since regarding the Mountain being reanimated/remade. I was a fan of the Hound, in his own way, he was more honorable than any of the knights, especially towards Sansa. I have always envisioned him killing his brother who burned him. I guess that's what I was hoping for anyway.
I hope you're right about Jon. i just hope the next book doesn't take 7 years to be finished.
big smile
Seven Years....May The Seven roast his a@# if it comes to that! Lol At any rate I can't see how he can tie all this crap up in just one more book...he has too much going on. Well maybe when this book comes out he will have fast-forward a while and the story will pick up further in the future. Anything else book six will need to be at least 3thousand pages.