জীবন্ত বিতর্ক Do আপনি think Japanese জীবন্ত and জাপানি কমিকস মাঙ্গা have hurt the American cartoon and comic industry?

ChadKumada posted on Aug 12, 2013 at 03:52AM
Is it taking a big piece of the pie or is it growing the size of the pie?

জীবন্ত বিতর্ক 8 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে blackpanther666 said…
In all honesty, I don't really know. I'm not sure if they are competition, or not. I imagine that the readers of manga and the readers of American comics probably either like both manga and American comics, or one or the other. I doubt it would really have an effect, since I doubt US comic fans are going to stop reading their comics just because there's lots of manga... More likely, if they liked both, they would just read both. Plus, I believe that manga sales are reasonably low in the US, as opposed to comic sales which were over a million in the first 50 titles, then the other 350 titles probably reached almost another million...

Here's the top 20 manga sales in the US: link

Here's the numbers for comic book sales: link
বছরখানেক আগে Izaya-Orihara said…
I think it's a completely different pie.
There are no real numbers to prove one market is effecting the other. The East and the West already have a firm hold of their niche demographics. Similar to how localized anime/manga impact very little on the financial success of a series, its safe to assume its the same vice versa.
smile
^ Did you happen, perchance, to check out the links I added? You see clearly that manga sales aren't that big in America, whereas comic book sales are pretty massive, Marvel and DC Universe titles at the top around 150, 000 sales, which is pretty insane. I think manga topped (best-selling title) at around 15,000-16,000... XD

In other words, I agree completely with what you're saying.
বছরখানেক আগে ChadKumada said…
yeah, those stats are pretty neat to look at for perspective.
^ Heh, thanks. I've had practice in looking up data on the Debate club, which this basically is, just a modified version, based towards anime. Anyway, what is your personal opinion on the question?
বছরখানেক আগে ChadKumada said…
well, when i asked the question, i thought the Japanese manga had a higher relative sales than what it actually had (i would have guessed a fourth). also, as a person who buys both manga and american comics, i figure, if it weren't for manga, i'd probably personally buy more american comics, so it's affected what i'm buying. but really had no idea about the industry as a whole.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
^ Ah, I see. Well, it was a good question. I enjoyed looking through the data and whatnot. I actually kind of enjoyed the fact that I learnt something from it, too.