খ্রীষ্টধর্ম something i don't understand

SongBirdTeam posted on Apr 20, 2010 at 05:53PM
another question for athiests, you esantualy belive that all religions are false and nothing they say are true. what pains me about this is that you don't belive in a life after death. and that there is no reson for life, that are existance is acidental, a mistake. my question is, why would you belive in something so, well, hopeless?

খ্রীষ্টধর্ম 12 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে Cinders said…
That's a really good question... I can't help you. I don't know what to believe about life after death.
বছরখানেক আগে DragonsArt said…
I have had two near death expirences in my life so far, all I saw was black. Lifeless, empty blackness. We fear the unkown so to make others less afraid create religions that make no sence and sound more like a fairy tale. That is what us Atheist standards are for your lies to cover up child molestors
বছরখানেক আগে SongBirdTeam said…
What about child molesters?
বছরখানেক আগে icy_Chill said…
surprise
You don't mean.......?!
wait... you've had 2 near death experiances? why?
বছরখানেক আগে misanthrope86 said…
smile
As an atheist, I think that not believing in an afterlife is "hopeless". It fact, I find it more comforting than the anxiety that worrying about the afterlife seems to bring up. Instead of worrying about whether or not I am doing the right things, as defined by any specific religion, to lead a pleasant afterlife, I can celebrate the life that I am living now.

Religious people sometimes assume that atheists lack purpose in their lives and are "hopeless", but I am living my life just as many religious people are, just minus the "because God wants me to" attitude.

Thanks for taking the time to ask this question. :)
I really never said that athiests don't try to live life to the fullest, and don't tell me you don't worry about what's going to happen to you when you die, everyone does now and then. what comes to mind when you do think about what will happen after you die?
smile
I didn't that you specifically said atheists lack purpose. In general, from my experiences, that is what many religious people have said to atheists and about atheists.

I worry about what will happen WHEN I am dying, NOT AFTER I have died. There is a big difference. I worry that it will hurt, emotionally and physically. I worry that it might happen before I feel I have lead the life that I want to. BUT I don't worry about what happens AFTER that, because I don't believe that anything happens. And I don't presume to know either.
hmmm
so what you mean is that you belive that when you die you'll just be gone, I can't Imagine what that would feel like
I have no idea what will happen, because I have never died.
laugh
good point.
বছরখানেক আগে jennabug121 said…
For the person who said I had 2 near death experiences and all i saw was black, you didn't die so where the heck do you think you went. I agree with SongBirdTeam on everything she said because I'm Christian :)