This is not a real প্রবন্ধ on anything of actual relevance to the ফ্যানপপ DPs. This is a miscellaneous piece "about myself" for a topic--- because I was forced the write recommendation letters for myself a lot of late...and now I just feel like I can tackle a "blip" প্রবন্ধ like this without completely gagging over how boring I appear.
Well, my name is Laura. I'm glad my mother refused to let my grandmother name me, Jennifer. ( Grandma did name my cousin, Jennifer, though. So there is a Jennifer in the family).
What would be worth saying about me...?
Okay. I guess I'm vocal, though half of the time people would really like me to be quiet. I grew up hearing other kids and adults tell me to "be quiet and to shut up" a lot --- so perhaps I'm now bucking their authority, and making up for হারিয়ে গেছে time.
My opinions aren't really accepted দ্বারা anyone, save my closest friends. My mother doesn't like the way I think, which is why she is always trying to "correct my thinking" and "stop me from making stupid statements." lol, lol, lol.
Let's see... In my short and crammed 31 years of being alive I have managed to do the following:
1) Kept going to school; I now have four degrees, and am going back to school for some আরো certifications, soon. Most of my degrees are in the sciences, but I do have an associates in the arts.
2) Had classical musical training via studying piano, and playing in state পিয়ানো competitions; also playing accompaniment for my sister, a violinist; and playing in worship/youth bands. I was the keyboardist for everyone for the LONGEST TIME.
3) Had martial arts training, and received a first degree black বেল্ট in Korean Tae Kwon Do. ( I can relate to মুলান having to train hard to gain endurance/ body strength). It's been years, but my পছন্দ kicks are still the round-kick, the hook-kick, the reverse hook-kick, and the tornado kick.
4) Drew an inordinate amount of pictures, and learned to draw from literally staring at Trina Schart Hyman's detailed illustrations/ paintings until my eyes hurt and I had each of them memorized; never went to formal art school, but someone who did, taught me pointillism; I got out of art because art does not pay, and some artists can be overly jealous creatures, very quick to put down others as being "less talented" than they are. BullS*T.
5) Wrote an inordinate amount of stories; got no traction when I tried to send/submit two of them; editors প্রণয় slush piles and shoving any kind of story they can into the trash; editors are extremely picky people in the creative লেখা world; I have abandoned লেখা much of anything not related to science.
6) Started collecting ডিজনি stuff as a kid. Didn't think about that really until now. But I kept all of my old স্নুপি and Ariel stuff. I kept the mylar মুলান balloon my mother got me. Now I'm collecting tons of Ariel things ( because ডিজনি suddenly allowed a plethora of products to become available last বছর and this year). I began collecting snow globes from my পছন্দ ডিজনি movies.
7) Doll-making started in my childhood. I sewed my own ভালুক and rabbit. Sewed tons of rag পুতুল and outfits for them. Created my own marionette. Took up crochet, and have crocheted Ponyo, Merida, Mulan, and Ariel পুতুল with detachable fins, dresses, outfits, etc. (You won't find these DP পুতুল anywhere but Etsy; they cost a fortune, and those পুতুল aren't as detailed as mine. I looked at screencaps for mine. Thinking about doing Rapunzel, next. But my পছন্দ screencap site first got banned দ্বারা Disney, and then, when the individual finally got permission from ডিজনি to put it up again, his/her harddrive crashed and he/she হারিয়ে গেছে three years of work and all of the pics. Poor guy/girl).
8) Somewhere along the way I learned to dress better, and find clothes and an eclectic style that fit me; did goth, did bohemian; did my own piercings ( to my mother's horror and tirades), but did not venture into tattoos; jewelry became a uniform and an "armor" that I could "don" --- since everyone seemed to relate to that easily, and not to my প্রণয় of পাঠ করা books, and to my ADORATION of Dickens's David Copperfield ( my পছন্দ book in the world. Yes, it did শীর্ষ Tolkien and C.S. Lewis for me). Yes, I am part Mulan, part Ariel, part Belle, part Merida, and part Rapunzel. Now আপনি can see why I sort of relate to those princesses and NOT to Elsa and Anna. The ONLY thing I relate to with the ফ্রোজেন sisters is liking chocolate.
So. I'm literate, and like পাঠ করা A LOT. I read scientific প্রবন্ধ from scientific journals nearly all the time, which are harder than পাঠ করা Shakespearean plays because they get all technical with the jargon. Shakespeare is a low-demand, fun read now. I used to read Macbeth and Hamlet for fun. পাঠ করা everything feels like পাঠ করা a picture book right now. Heck, পাঠ করা Tolkien, Le Guin, Neil Gaiman, Terry Goodkind, Diana Gabaldon, Jacqueline Carey, and George R.R. Martin feel like পাঠ করা children's chapter books-- even if they're meant for adult readers. I rarely meet a word I don't know the meaning of at this point, and when I do, that's when my buddy, Dr. Dictionary, arrives.
So. I like the সঙ্গীত most in ডিজনি movies, and the characters a little mess so. The plot in a ডিজনি movie, অথবা any other movie--- can not be FULL OF HOLES, অথবা I will NEVER re-watch it. But here are my পছন্দ ডিজনি movies.
2. The Little Mermaid
4. ব্রেভ ( the PIXAR/DISNEY mashup)
7. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
8. Beauty and the Beast
10.The Nightmare Before Christmas
12. The Lion King
(Frozen doesn't appear, because...it was truly the most underwhelming ডিজনি movie I have ever seen. It made the three original Walt ডিজনি technicolor pictures seem far better in their delivery, message, pacing, and songs).
My পছন্দ চলচ্চিত্র of all in general are The Lord of The Rings trilogy দ্বারা Peter Jackson. সেকেন্ড runner ups are Jame's Cameron's মহাকাশ odyssey, Avatar, and his tear-jerker টাইটানিক in small doses. Joss Whedon's Serenity, and his "The Avengers" are both exemplar comedic adventures. The plots in all of the above চলচ্চিত্র work WELL. I do also like the Kate Beckinsale আন্ডারওয়ার্ল্ড movies, where weirdly corrupt genetic science meets ভ্যাম্পায়ার and werewolves.
Still প্রণয় Tim burton movies. I like the Corpse Bride, Charlie and The চকোলেট Factory ( which wasn't a bad adaptation of Ronald Dahl's acerbic wit), Alice in Wonderland, and some others which slip my memory at the moment. I প্রণয় Helena Bonham Carter, Tim Burton's actual wife, btw. I also really, really liked Wes Andersen's Fantastic Mr. Fox.
পছন্দ tv programs used to be House and Bones. Now it's আরো Firefly, Game of Thrones, অবতার Ang from the Nickelodeon series, অবতার Korra, Longmire, Haven ( a syfy spinoff from Stephen King), and some others.
পছন্দ recording artist is Alecia Moore who goes দ্বারা the name of P!nk. I've been a পরাকাষ্ঠা freak for 13 years and counting.... I also প্রণয় the rock band Alter Bridge, and my icelandic guys, Sigur Ros. This is all aside from Classical music, Claude Debussy in particular, and ডিজনি soundtracks.
And that's a wrap, folks. See? I told আপনি that I'm not all that interesting. In fact, with all of this long laundry list, you'll probably want to go rest your eyeballs from staring at a computer screen for so long.
Please go do that.
And if আপনি feel up to it-- if something in this appealed to আপনি at all-- don't hesitate to mention it below.
Have a nice day, peeps!