ফ্যানপপ ফ্যানপপ Chat

papa posted on Jul 16, 2008 at 03:32PM
Hey guys, a new feature was added last night -- while Fanpop waits for the new image machine to arrive (thank Cliff for getting it up): Fanpop Chat.

You can access it from the frontpage of fanpop.com (look over on the right column) or via this link:
link

Right now we're just testing it out to see if there's interest and how the community likes it. Based on feedback/demand, we might add more chat rooms to specific spots that warrant it.

I've had some nice, but brief, conversations with a few fans so far, but I don't think many people are aware of this yet.
last edited on Jul 16, 2008 at 03:34PM

ফ্যানপপ 28 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে aholic said…
Cool!
divina3313 commented…
FBI Police. no coloquer global cha ny ar, prison xd066 in 2hors বছরখানেক আগে
This is actually great because forums easily turns into chat so we can always just move the conversation.
বছরখানেক আগে amazondebs said…
oh it's weird!

i think for different spots would be good, everyone on at once would be a little too much for me, i have trouble enough following forums lol
বছরখানেক আগে hooch-is-crazy said…
I noticed that but not many people were on when I came.
I'm all for your suggestion, debs.
বছরখানেক আগে dazl said…
I love you guys. I really do.
বছরখানেক আগে Cinders said…
Kickass!
বছরখানেক আগে hooch-is-crazy said…
oooh! dazl loves the F4!
It could be cool if we could invite someone to come chat in my own chatroom.

It would be a lot easier for the Fanpop's got talent judges for example...
বছরখানেক আগে tinkerluvr said…
I saw the chat room, pretty cool.
বছরখানেক আগে knifewrench said…
I love FC (Fanpop Chat)! Although there are some problems with it...

We do need some chat rooms for seperate spots and channels (but it would be cool to keep the main FC. I've made a chat room for The Fable Spot, but I have nowhere to embed it :(

Myself and some other users have noticed some ads popping up in the chat box, which is.... to say the least.... annoying. The user doesn't appear in the right-hand box so we can't "warn" them. Are they authorised by Meebo?

I'd like to be able to create my own emotes in FC, although the Pirate and Ninja emotes are very cool; they were actually the influence for the creation of the Ninjas Vs Pirates spot.

Which brings me to another point. When does "friendly reference to another spot" become "spam"? It's very hard to know when to "warn" someone and when to let it go.
বছরখানেক আগে germany123 said…
we had trouble with a user last night..she was posting links and random names to get attention and wouldnt stop
i reported her via her profile and we warned her like 6 times i think and nothing happened..
how many times is s.o. warned before s.th. happens?

also i blocked her but when she logged off and on again she was back in the feed

it was a real pain..
বছরখানেক আগে amazondebs said…
knifewrench the adverts arn't that frequent and i think it's how the chatroom is paid for

i would like to see some more chat rooms once it has taken off more and we get more users though

no more emotes please there already annoying when peopl just use them lol

and yeah same thing happened to me once how do we permanently block a user?
বছরখানেক আগে germany123 said…
i have trouble logging in..and two days ago it suddenly died on me..:(

i tried a different browser- but nothing :(
বছরখানেক আগে looopey3 said…
are you guys talking about me? sorry......but it cant be me i stoped like 5 days ago.....:(
বছরখানেক আগে Cammie said…
I like to pop in every few days to have a chat. I do find that it can be very time-consuming though and it becomes quite confusing when several people are in the room. By the time you've replied there's another topic going on lol
Hey debs, what have you got against the emotes?
Could it be that my 'panda' rows are getting to you? haha mwa
I would REEEEAAAALLY like a Video Games spot chat room, I'm tired of being the only nerd on Fanpop Chat.
Got bored and decided to make three video-game themed chat rooms, each for a different spot: link
বছরখানেক আগে ray10 said…
cool
cool guys
বছরখানেক আগে Ladybug223 said…
tongue
hey hey hey
বছরখানেক আগে AstonandKetchup said…
tongue
Hey Dont think anyone comes on here anymore but oh well
বছরখানেক আগে justinbieber775 said…
monkey
yeah great but what i wanna know is how do i get onto the actual fanpop chat?
বছরখানেক আগে harold said…
justinbieber775, try clicking on the link in papa's original message, or clicking the link in the right column on the top page (link) that says "fanpop chat" with the green speech bubble icon. That will get you into the main room; navigating from there should be pretty straight-forward.
বছরখানেক আগে Dubar said…
Hi justin bieber
বছরখানেক আগে shareen_hussain said…
I love justinbieber!
বছরখানেক আগে lexxia said…
smirk
Wat up peel
বছরখানেক আগে veronica-kanas said…
laugh
I love justin bieber !!!!!!!
বছরখানেক আগে kylen5 said…
kiss