ফ্রেডি মার্কারি Upcoming Movie

payhav posted on Oct 29, 2011 at 11:06AM
I can't believe Sasha Baron Cohen is going to play Freddie in an upcoming movie about FM's life! I protested this on another website but the choice is made. He doesn't look anything like the man except for the moustache and he just doesn't fit Freddie's personality. I didn't know much about SBC until he pulled a rude stunt on EMINEM at some awards ceremony. They should have picked someone handsomer,more intelligent, and more talented!
save

ফ্রেডি মার্কারি 12 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে Freddie86 said…
It was agreed almost two year's ago by Brian and Roger that Sacha was to get the role of Freddie. He is quite devoted to this project.
বছরখানেক আগে payhav said…
smile
Yeah, Johnny Depp would have been better, there was a campaign for him to play the role, even though Freddie's unique accent might have been difficult to duplicate. I will probably be the first one in line anyway just to see "Freddie" depending on the rating of the movie of course.
I think it will interesting. I'll probably be second in line behind you.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
It has been rumored that Sacha may also perform the vocal's. He's been a Queen fan since his youth and apparently has Freddie's tone and vocal range down to a tee [amazing!]and this is coming from Brian, Roger and John. This sound's as though it's going to be much more than just a movie. Put it this way, if all goes to plan, Sacha will no-longer be known as Borat.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
blush
Yeah, I discovered Freddie and Queen as a junior in high school and have been in love ever since! It was Bo Rap that did it and I was hooked. Glad to hear Sacha can sing so the LIVE AID scenes will be good because according to what I've read that is where the movie ends. When exactly is it coming out this year so I can preorder my ticket and not have to stand in line like I did at ROTK, we just flashed our tickets and stood just in the line to be seated instead.
As far as a release date, I don't know. The filming is now underway and I thought I had read somewhere they were hoping to have it ready come Autunm. BTW, if you haven't yet seen Sacha done-up as Freddie, go to google images and type in Sacha Cohen Freddie Mercury. You will not be dissapointed....I was gobsmacked.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
heart
I took a look on the web and for some reason I think he looks more like Freddie younger with long hair and not the short hair with moustache look. I also thought Johnny Depp has his cheekbones, but who on earth looks like Freddie anyway really except his sis and nephew. I haven't seen a pic lately of the nephew, and I don't know if his mum has passed away like his dad (I think he resembled both but his mom more). Also I did see a pic of what was purported to be his niece and she must favor her father because she doesn't look like Kashmira, also the pic I saw of the nephew was too far away with Brian (looked kind of like he was shying away from camera) but they said he looks like Freddie. Freddie would have had beautiful children with Mary, Barbara, or even Jim if they had decided to use a surrogate like Elton. By the way, do you know if Elton's baby looks like him. I haven't seen him lately just as a newborn.
smile
I guess for me seeing Sacha for the first time as Freddie, I was quite impressed. It won't be until we get to see him actually acting out the role of Freddie that the slight difference's will no longer be noticable. He's got his work cut out for him...that's for sure. I can't say I've ever seen pic's of his nephew or niece to be honest. Not sure if his mum is still alive myself. I agree that he and Mary would have had lovely looking kid's had it happened.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
Have more on Sacha and his involvement in the project that I will post later.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
Hey, I didn't even notice the emoticons. By the way Freddie86, are you stateside? The reason why I am asking is that I thought it would be nice to meet up or go with someone I know or "know" to the North American convention for Queen. I was scheduled to go a couple of times then had to cancel. Usually held in July, last year's was in Atlanta.
wink
I've left you a private message on this site.
Freddie86.
বছরখানেক আগে DramaQueen1020 said…
I hope the proceeds go to MPT, and the actor had BETTER do Freddie justice!