হ্যারি পটার Most Disturbing Scene in the Book?

PotterGal posted on Jul 29, 2007 at 02:32PM
So..this book really had A LOT of dark parts and i was wondering what you thought was the most disturbing scene.
For me, it would have to be when Hermione was getting tortured. I could imagine her screaming like that and it was actually quote scary.
I also thought the part when Nagini burst out of Bathilda Bagshot's neck was quite disgusting too.

হ্যারি পটার 24 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে piperpayton22 said…
naginia
বছরখানেক আগে MRAwareagle3409 said…
Yeah the snake neck thing was disgusting.
বছরখানেক আগে kyoosuke said…
" With a single stroke Neville sliced off the great snake's head, which spun high into the air, gleaming in the light flooding from the entrance hall. "
Nice.........

And also when Molly yelled the B- word. That wasn't disturbing, but there are kids reading this book.... tsk tsk tsk... but it was really cool, to see an everyday housewife turned into a super witch!

Oh oh oh, and George's ear, I just couldn't even imagine that one.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে doctor_banana said…
I didn't like it when the Horcrux made Hermione kiss Harry. That was quite disturbing.
বছরখানেক আগে caintil31 said…
nagini coming out bathilda's neck really creeped me out.
বছরখানেক আগে Saphira333 said…
i agree with kyoosuke the head things was disgusting!
বছরখানেক আগে ahastie7 said…
off the top of my head, I've gotta agree with PotterGal and say it's the torture of Hermione. Horrible!!
বছরখানেক আগে snoznoodle said…
The torture probably scared me the most too. But that Horcrux torturing Ron was pretty scary too.
I wonder what the Horcrux said to Hermione when she destroyed hers?
বছরখানেক আগে anti_Jate said…
definatly when the horcrux produced the fake harry and hermione. that was just super creepy to me
বছরখানেক আগে baebia said…
id have to agree with doctor_banana hermione and harry's kiss was kind of disturbing..... i wonder how they'll execute it in the movie.....hmmm
বছরখানেক আগে choci33_lover said…
YES hermione harry kiss. my god; poor ron euw.
বছরখানেক আগে duckgoddess said…
Oh God, there were so many in Deathly Hallows. Nagini coming out of Bathilda Bagshot's mouth, torturing Hermione...

Haha the filmmakers will probably give Ginny one line or no line at all whereas the Harry/Hermione Horcrux kiss will definitely be in the movie...funny how they handle the details
বছরখানেক আগে Priscilita22 said…
I have to say the way Snape died was really disturbing... but most things that have to do with voldermort's snake were.
বছরখানেক আগে x_shay_x said…
Nagini coming out Bathilda and the torturing of Hermione were deff. the most disturbing.
বছরখানেক আগে slytherin360 said…
Id find seeing George earless pretty disturbing, hermione being tortured, snapes death, bathildas secret, dumbledores sister being killed,dobby dying,and the dead people lined up on the floor at the end
বছরখানেক আগে amorine said…
I didn't like the whole scene where they were in the woods and stuff.. just doing like.. nothing. Such disturbing.
বছরখানেক আগে GinnyXHarryluv said…
definitely the destruction of the locket scene
বছরখানেক আগে RemusLumos said…
a) The part where they visit the Ministry in the seventh book, and the workers of high rankings are sitting on chairs made of carved human bodies (muggles)
b) The Godric's Hollow/Bathilda Bagshot scene
বছরখানেক আগে oreocat134 said…
when the boggart was turning into dead people and Mrs Weasley was screamin a lot
বছরখানেক আগে ShauneeAltman said…
1) When Minister orders to kill Crouch (in school) and no one is disturbed, when Berta Jorkins goes missing and no one is searching her and when Dumbledore and Crouch Sr. put Sirius in Azkaban without trial - all that points to utalitarian system, not democracy like Rowling probably wanted;
2) When Neville tell everybody his family wanted to kill him becouse they thought he is a squib and no one is doing everything;
3) When Hagrid by Dumbledore's orders kidnaps Harry from his rightfull guardian (Sirius)
4) When Hermione has no regrets after obliviating her parents or manipulating events so Dolores is raped by centaurs (if don't believe check mithology)
5) EVERYONE (besides Slytherins and Death eaters) believes Dumbledore is saint or something. Even after being fired he kepts returning. Scary how much power has that man.
6) No one told younger generation about Taboo. Honestly, with name like He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named it's implied he used it in first war.
I can keep going.
cmr1200 commented…
she had regrets বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে Flickerflame said…
1. I'm pretty sure Rowling did intend for those events to disturb readers and imply that the wizard's government system was imperfect/corrupt.
2. I don't think they really intended to kill him, more like they were so sure he wasn't really a Squib, just late developing magically.
3. Harry had to go to Lily's remaining family to preserve the magical protection she'd given him.
4. Altering their memories (not obliviating - that's a slightly different spell and the film makers made a mistake there) was done to protect them by making them go into hiding, and to prevent them from mourning her if she didn't return. And just because common mythology portrays centaurs as rapists/over-sexualised, doesn't mean that the Harry Potter centaurs behave that way. They seemed to think humans below them too much for that.
5. The first time he's fired, it was done by Lucius Malfoy blackmailing the other governors. When this was discovered, it was overturned. The second time, he left after making himself the scapegoat to protect Harry.
6. The Taboo wasn't used in the first war. It was only used after the Death Eaters took over the Ministry, and maybe they'd need control of the Ministry to do such a thing. If there was a Taboo in existence earlier, why would Dumbledore say in the first chapter that he'd spent years trying to persuade people to use Voldemort's name? The aliases like You Know Who and He Who Must Not Be Named came purely from fear.
বছরখানেক আগে Pinnipedi said…
For me the most disturbing scene is the battles scene in the first book with Quirrell and everything. I almost didn't continue reading after that.
বছরখানেক আগে ImAnEasel said…
I think it might have been the whole evil potion part with Dumbledore having to drink all of it and Harry not being able to give him any water, and then the inferi... Oh God that part was just horrible.

Or when Harry saw that grotesque baby thing and Dumbledore said it was beyond help! There was something really sinister about that bit.

And of course I have to agree with you on the Nagini thing. In fact, the whole Bathilda Bagshot bit was extremely creepy, they did it really well in the film too.
বছরখানেক আগে Flickerflame said…
The first thing that comes to my mind, like a lot of others here, is Nagini emerging from Bathilda's corpse.