ভয়ের চলচ্চিত্র Horror Movie of the Month!

jlhfan624 posted on Jul 01, 2009 at 11:46PM
Thanks becca85 for the official idea for this forum! Here's the official discussion place for our wonderful Horror Movie of the Month! Basically what HMotM means is that the first of every month, a link to or a video to a FULL movie will be posted in the spot. This will be our movie of the month that we all watch together (maybe not simultaneously but yeah). The point is, you watch the movie (or don't) and then we can all discuss about it in this forum!

Other fun things you can do for this horror movie of the month include:
1) Posting links related to the movie of the month.
2) Posting clips of the movie of the month, whether they be actual scenes from the movie or interviews, fanvideos, whatever.
3) Posting icons, screencaps, wallpapers, etc. Usually I will post the stills first to generate more interest in the film so not those.
4) Making picks related to said movie of the month. Ask who the favorite character was, or what their favorite scene was!
5) Discussing in this forum of course.

Have fun and get going! :D
 Thanks becca85 for the official idea for this forum! Here's the official discussion place for our won

ভয়ের চলচ্চিত্র 330 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 201-250 of 330

বছরখানেক আগে jlhfan624 said…
big smile
:O I'm sure I'll have a Tom dream tonight thanks to 2 back-to-back sexy viewings :D Good night!
বছরখানেক আগে becca85 said…
wink
Any Tom dreams?
OMG WE'RE ON THE FRONT PAAAAAAAAAGE
YES!! I saw that and the little "blurb" is well written!!
mischievous
Did you put it on the Horror Movies screencaps, fanart, photos, wallpaper yet?

I can totally see you putting that as your wallpaper for a short time, Heather!!
haha No I haven't uploaded it yet but that's a good idea! I will!
I'll be prepared to rate it!!
RATED!!
big smile
YAY
বছরখানেক আগে Aerohead said…
smile
Can't wait to see My Bloody Valentine.
*stares in jealously knowing everyone has already seen it in is 3D awesomeness*
I want to buy it on Dvd. But I'll watch it online first cause I gotta watch the horror movie of the month. Heather trained me well :)
big smile
YAY!! I'm sure Heather will love to sit there and watch it *with* you!! It might help her with more Tom filled dreams.
big smile
YAY! I'm such a great trainer! lol I would watch it with you if it were the weekend. God I love that movie <3 After you watch it, get back here and talk about it!
surprise
**GASP**

We are only one post away from getting dropped off of the front page!!
বছরখানেক আগে ineedcoffee said…
laugh
watched it last night it wasn't bad but I still like the original I guess I always like the originals better...lol
YAY!! I own the original (bought it as a double feature with the original April Fool's Day from WalMart for $5), but I have yet to see it. What about the original makes you like it more then the remake?

Hmmm...thinking about that question, I have to wonder what Heather loves so much about the remake (besides Jensen) and what she dislikes about the original?
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
That just gave me an idea!! On occasion, for the MotM we should do two movies and do original versus remake. Then we can sit here and debate about what we like and dislike about them.

What do you all think?
laugh
As IF Jensen isn't a legit reason to love something...
big smile
And we're off the front page now!! **goes off to cry** =(

Of course it is. I'm just curious if there is more to your passionate admiration of the movie.
big smile
Jensen, the 3D factor, the

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jensen being incredibly hot and killing people <33333

SPOILER OVER!!!!!!!!

And the fact that I made a special 2 hour trip to another town JUST to see it in theaters, makes me feel like that much more of a big fan. Did I mention Jensen?
WOW!! You are obsessed, Heather!! I can't imagine driving 2 hours just to see a movie.

I will grant you that he is hot, though!!
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
big smile
Well I mean it had 3 things going for it -

a) it's a horror movie
b) hello - JENSEN & his sexy man-voice!
c) it's in 3d!

All of those combined? Hell yeah I was going to do anything in my power to see it! A 3D horror movie! It was the 3rd best theater experience of my life!
So sorry this took longer then I first anticipated. As I was finishing up getting all this information together, I was invited out to a dinner party last minute, so I had to put off posting it. I hope I have enough information posted here to keep everyone occupied throughout the month.

Alrighty!! Since Heather is out of town for the beginning of September, I've taken on the fabulous responsibility of posting the movie for September's Horror Movie of the Month. One of the primary reasons I chose this movie was because Heather (who got the ball rolling on this monthly event) has never seen this movie. Another reason is that I wanted to show that you don’t necessarily need blood and gore to make a good horror movie. And last, but certainly not least, as the master of horror (depending on your opinion) I thought it would be cool to include Stephen King movies every once in a while. All of the pertinent details you need to know are listed below.

September's Movie of the Month: 1408

Synopsis (taken from the back cover of the DVD) - John Cusack is…a skeptical writer investigating paranormal events. When he insists on staying in the reportedly haunted room 1408 at the Dolphin Hotel against the grave warnings of the hotel manager (Samuel L. Jackson), he discovers the room’s deadly secret – an evil so powerful, no one has ever survived an hour within its walls.

To get the blood racing...the link
To get the heart pounding...the movie link, link

To get the chills creeping up your spine…the link

To get the audience’s opinion…the link

To keep you interested…the link

1408 is definitely not a classic horror movie with blood and gore everywhere, but it’s more psychological in nature, which, in my opinion, sometimes makes for a truly terrifying horror movie that may rival even the most classic of the horror genre.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
 So sorry this took longer then I first anticipated. As I was finishing up getting all this informatio
big smile
YAY good job Becca! I will definitely be watching this movie this weekend!
kiss
YAY!! Heather's back!!
বছরখানেক আগে EllaBlack said…
big smile
Oh man this movie is so freaking awesome I love John Cusak and pretty much all hotel horror movies. Identity which he was in was awesome too.

I'm Ells I'm finally going to get more involved in my other spots that aren't Supernatural(the show) related so I'll probably be inputing more now so hi! :D
Hi Ells, nice to meet you! We definitely need more supportive horror fans around here!
Hey Ells!! I'm glad you enjoyed the movie of the month. What are some of your favorite horror movies?
My favorites? hm...I love the Classics like the Exorcist and Poltergeist. I love all Rob zombie films. And I think the best horror film this summre was the Orphan
This month's horror movie is Trick R' Treat!

You can find the trailer posted link
You can find the full movie posted link

Answer this pick after viewing the film:
link

You can view promotional stills from the movie link
Hmmm...I guess my Sept. movie was kind of a bust. Oh well, maybe next time.
No wasn't a bust! I was just lazy and never got around to watching it! And the only way the August MOTM was good was that I begged people to come join! These are always a bust, don't worry.
Well, I'm definitely here for some fun new movies. Except for 1408, I haven't seen any of the movies we've done so far, so it's an awesome way for me to expose myself to new movies. Especially ones that I've been meaning to see.

Have I told you "thanks" for making up this event? THANKS AGAIN!!
বছরখানেক আগে Paramore-CSI said…
oooh i love this movie
When did this come out on DVD? Did I miss it? I wanted to buy it.
big smile
Well I'm glad at least one person always likes it! :) I try to do anything I can for this spot lol
October 6th, you haven't missed it! It actually "came out" in 2007 but has been shelved forever until recently they decided to release it thanks to internet buzz!
surprise
Wait a second?! Wikipedia says it's not due out until next Tuesday, so somebody already has it online?
heart
WHAT AN AWESOME MOVIE!! It was so well done, I am SO going to buy it on Tuesday!!

I totally loved Rhonda (??) and Sam. They rock!!
It's been online FOREVER, it's just now being released on DVD because of the stupid companies who owned it.

I loved the werewolves the most, that was just too awesome! Hopefully I'll have enough money to buy it on DVD with my next week's paycheck. I still have to get The Hills Run Red.
angry
STUPID MEGAVIDEO!! It still won't let me watch the last ten minutes and I tried once more last night and twice today so far.
Go look at the 2nd link I posted in the spot! It let me finish the movie.
So, as you've seen the last part of the movie, does it have any nudity in it? I'm at work right now.
smile
No. I don't think there's really anything gory left at all. You should be safe.
Thanks! Now, I just have to wait until these customers leave before I can play it.
I can't watch it untill Wednesday :(
Out of the four main storylines, which was everyone's favorite?

I really liked the School Bus Massacre story.
big smile
Werewolves, of course!!
বছরখানেক আগে Paramore-CSI said…
werewolves