মাই লিটল পনি ফ্রেন্ডশিপ ইজ ম্যাজিক Discussion Room

NocturnalMirage posted on Apr 09, 2016 at 04:19PM
Hello and welcome!

You have entered the Discussion Room where everyone can discuss, analyze, reflect and share their opinions, ideas and perspectives about My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic, the show we all love!

The reason why I started this forum was to increase the social life in this club by extending an invitation to "cross-reference" our ideas per se. Although there were several attempts from other honorable members in the past, I thought it would be a good idea to bring all discussion based topics under the aegis of this one.

This way, we wouldn't need to create new topics that die out after 50 posts. As instead, this could be a solid, reciprocal, ongoing thread where we bring up and discuss the past, present and the future of the show the old and the new upcoming episodes, the characters, alongside numerous other aspects regarding technicolor talking mini horses. In a civilized manner of course. So let's see how this works!

You may bring up any topic you like as long as it's about ponies. You don't even have to care about your language here, I'm not a PC kind of person. I like to address things openly, naming them on their own name. Just don't harass anyone because they have a different opinion than yours! Well, here we go, the only limit is your imagination!

Have fun! :3

Hello and welcome! আপনি have entered the Discussion Room where everyone can discuss, analyze, refl

মাই লিটল পনি ফ্রেন্ডশিপ ইজ ম্যাজিক 5 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে NocturnalMirage said…
Okay, first topic! so I've been just surfing on the net, reading some comments here and on other websites and it appears that many people have a distaste for Starlight Glimmer.

Now, I'd like to understand the phenomenon better. So it would be desirable if both sides - haters and non-haters - could write their opinion and most importantly, provide some reasons of why they feel the way toward Starlight like they do.

Yes, I know there are many problems with this pony, her basic motivation was crap, she was forgiven too easily, and made her way into the Mane 6 even more easier. Even though I was kinda expecting that, I thought she will remain an ancillary character like Discord. But unlike Discord, she gets more hate for being reformed within mere seconds. I also get that discord kinda stayed the way he was, being all mischievous and shit, but basically, the same thing happened to him and Starlight.

I liked Starlight from the very beginning. She was a cool villain who posed the most serious threat to Equestria ever! I don't see why she couldn't be forgiven and couldn't redeem herself in time. Nor why she's a bad character. I think she was one of the deepest villains we have seen in the show, despite Luna... but she's more like an anti-hero, so that's up for another discussion... So, I don't get it why people say Starlight's the proof of the show's degeneration. But of course, that's my own personal opinion. What do you think?
 Okay, first topic! so I've been just surfing on the net, পাঠ করা some মতামত here and on other webs
বছরখানেক আগে Jade_23 said…
I agree. Stalin Glimmer- Or I mean, Starlight was just a confused, lost filly. I mean, yeah, her reason for equality (talking about totalitarianism) was bland and all, but her character itself was and still is pretty good. Once she confessed her actions to Sunburst, her tears and character sounded pretty convincing in the fact on why she did it. I also like how the writers changed her mane style. It makes her look less villain-ish.

She's just a smol sweet tart looking to be accepted and loved. I hope we see more of her (We probably will since she's in the theme song and all) and even Sunburst. He is, after all, the root to Starlight's backstory. And maybe even future. :3 For those who watch Steven Universe, she's basically Peridot. A villain who evolved by friendship.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
 I agree. Stalin Glimmer- অথবা I mean, Starlight was just a confused, হারিয়ে গেছে filly. I mean, yeah, her reas
বছরখানেক আগে NocturnalMirage said…
Yeah, I agree. I like the new mane style too! and I think, it's exactly what happened to Sunset Shimmer. Both her and Starlight turned out to be better supporting characters than villains, even though Starlight was a way better antagonist than Sunset.
বছরখানেক আগে mariofan14 said…
Starlight may be Twilight's good friend, but she will never be her girlfriend. Sunset Shimmer is Twilight's girlfriend. OTP!!!!!

Also, you get no picture from me.
বছরখানেক আগে Jade_23 said…
I won't argue with any shipping.