দ্যা পেঙ্গুইন অব মাদাগাস্কার hints in "Penguins of Madagascar"

morela posted on Aug 20, 2013 at 12:11PM
hi!
I Wonder if the Penguins refer to another films, for example beavers are a parody of the show "Big time rush", and Manfredi and Johnson refer to the movie "Stalag 17". I think there are more references. Maybe some You know?
save

দ্যা পেঙ্গুইন অব মাদাগাস্কার 39 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে mostar1219 said…
seems a more likely term would be "References"
peacebaby7 commented…
She ব্যক্ত that in the description. :/ বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে sarah12499 said…
laugh
Charlie brown reference in "Friend in a Box "

S:I see a kid and his beagle in a pumpkin patch, what a blockhead XD

My favorite reference!!!
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
peacebaby7 commented…
My uncle loves Charlie Brown. :D বছরখানেক আগে
mostar1219 commented…
so does my uncle বছরখানেক আগে
big smile
Michael Jackson's "The Girl Is Mine" in "Whispers and Coups"

Julien: Skipper, I'm a lover, not a fighter.

Later

Julien: You keep dreamin'.
peacebaby7 commented…
Yeah, he's such a lover, alright. Everyone knows the best way to woo a girl is to rub your butt on them. Just saying. XD বছরখানেক আগে
mostar1219 commented…
sarcasm, right? বছরখানেক আগে
peacebaby7 commented…
Sarcasm is my middle name. XDD বছরখানেক আগে
mostar1219 commented…
and not sheldon cooper's বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে chaos-ice said…
smile
James Bond's " the spy who loved me"
and POM episode " the penguin who loved me"

XD
peacebaby7 commented…
I can't believe I never thought about that. XD বছরখানেক আগে
chaos-ice commented…
they even copied the introduction, I think its really amazing ^_^ বছরখানেক আগে
peacebaby7 commented…
Well, I didn't know that because I never saw "The Spy Who Loved Me", but that's awesome! :D বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে morela said…
reference that you notice are great, thanks to you :)
বছরখানেক আগে peacebaby7 said…
smile
There have been some book references, too:

Action Reaction, Skipper actually made a Bible reference.

Skipper: "Let my penguins go!"

Moses: "Let my people go!" (Exodus 8:1, KJV)

*Not trying to offend anyone who doesn't believe in the Bible, I was just pointing out the reference.

The Most Dangerous Game Night = "The Most Dangerous Game", a short horror story by Richard Connell. I'm reading that one now. :D

I Know Why the Caged Bird Goes Insane = "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings", by Maya Angelou. I read that one last year.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে morela said…
smile
thanks very very much :)
বছরখানেক আগে TheRatKing1 said…
the car license plate that they found in the first episode said "I HRT BNJVI" or something like that, and it referenced Bon Jovi, the band
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
"The Penguin Who Loved Me" has a "Phineas and Ferb" reference.

There is a platypus (Perry and Parker) who works for/with someone named Francis (Major Monogram and Blowhole).
peacebaby7 commented…
Haha!!! I can't believe I never thought of THAT! It's so true! XD বছরখানেক আগে
peacebaby7 commented…
I mean, I've thought about the connection because of the platypus, but not that they both work for a guy named Francis. XD Except, one's good and one's evil. XD বছরখানেক আগে
mostar1219 commented…
true. true. বছরখানেক আগে
In the first Madagascar movie, Skipper made a reference to Silence of the Lambs when he said that they killed the boat crew and ate their livers
peacebaby7 commented…
I did not know that. বছরখানেক আগে
TheRatKing1 commented…
Now ya do বছরখানেক আগে
ImAnEasel commented…
Wow, interesting! That moment was hilarious, as well. XD বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে 27Kowalski said…
big smile
-- In The Falcon and the Snow Job there are several references to famous movies like:
- "Ghost" (When Skipper and Kitka are molding the clay together)
- "Titanic" (When they are on the bus)
- & "Lady and the Tramp" (When they share a plate of fish)

-- The episode I Know Why The Caged Bird Goes Insane is a parody of the movie "Rear Window" by Alfred Hitchcock

-- In the episode Alienated there are references to:
- "Men in Black" (Kowalski mentions a "sonic brain-erasing pen," which is what the MIB use on witnesses of alien activity to prevent compromising their operation.)
- "E.T." (Private mentioned that the Space Squid might have tried to "phone home," which is the same thing E.T. wanted to do in the movie.)
- "Alien" (The scene of the Space Squid coming out of Lemmy's chest is similiar to the chestburster in "Alien".)
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
peacebaby7 commented…
Awesome! I didn't know some of those. I knew "Titanic" (LOL, even though it was so backwards. XD) and "E.T." :D বছরখানেক আগে
chaos-ice commented…
I প্রণয় it when Kowalski use his ordinary pen as if it was the "sonic brain erasing pen". hahaha I smile whenever I remember that. so basically I'm smiling now :) বছরখানেক আগে
27Kowalski commented…
^^LOL yeah. XD বছরখানেক আগে
ImAnEasel commented…
Yup, I noticed the Men in Black one! বছরখানেক আগে
laugh
This is technically from the movie, Madagascar, but I wanted to bring it up anyway. The volleyball Alex had that he named "Spalding", was a reference to Castaway (starring Tom Hanks). Though, in that movie, the volleyball was named "Wilson". I always laugh at that reference. XD
mostar1219 commented…
"i look like wilson floating away from Tom Hanks" ~Kenan Thompson as Charles Barkley talking about his sweaty mug shot from DUI on SNL বছরখানেক আগে
peacebaby7 commented…
@mostar1219: হাঃ হাঃ হাঃ XD বছরখানেক আগে
smile
Ooh, I thought of another one. This is actually a real-life reference. In Whispers and Coups, King Julien and Mort said, "This is my peashooter! There are many like it, but this one is mine!" That's a reference of the actual "Rifleman's Creed":

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My rifle and I know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!
27Kowalski commented…
Nice. :) বছরখানেক আগে
peacebaby7 commented…
Thank you. :D বছরখানেক আগে
In Madagascar 3 Mason asked Alex "what's new pussycat?" And skipper added " whoa whoa whoa!" Referencing the song " What's new pussycat" by Tom Jones
peacebaby7 commented…
I caught that reference! I laughed so hard. XD বছরখানেক আগে
27Kowalski commented…
LOL! Me too! XD বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে 27Kowalski said…
laugh
In Night of The Vesuviuses Rico throws up a DVD of "Commodore Danger: From Sweden With Furniture", which is an obvious spoof of 007 James Bond's movie "From Russia With Love". (And it's also a reference to the IKEA company. XD)
peacebaby7 commented…
LOL, that's awesome. XD বছরখানেক আগে
27Kowalski commented…
হাঃ হাঃ হাঃ yeah. XD বছরখানেক আগে
Ms Perky? Spoof of Barbie. Lunacorns? Spoof of My Little Pony. Winkies? Spoof of Twinkies. (they're making a comeback, by the way. i had some fried Twinkies the other day, and they were awesome). L'Archer? Spoof of Robin Hood. i rest my case.
peacebaby7 commented…
Nice. xD বছরখানেক আগে
mostar1219 commented…
the shutdown of the winkie factory must've been a spoof of the hostess shutdown বছরখানেক আগে
TheRatKing1 commented…
অথবা maybe Dr Blowhole was behind them both! বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে chaos-ice said…
smile
I got this reference from Madagascar Wikia about the episode Zoo Tube

There is a brief reference to Alex the lion and Nana from the Madagascar films, when a man in a car asks "Did you watch the part where the old lady was smacking around that lion?", before he was knocked out by Skipper's famous knock-out slap
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
peacebaby7 commented…
Oh, yeah! I thought about that one when I watched that episode! I forgot about it. XDD বছরখানেক আগে
Dumb animal channel is a spoof of AFV
peacebaby7 commented…
I could see that. বছরখানেক আগে
In the first episode Skipper said " and brown paper packages tied up with string" Sound of Music reference
ImAnEasel commented…
Oh, right! I thought it was a Mary Poppins reference. XD বছরখানেক আগে
I forgot in what episode, but Skipper said something about a blockhead kid waiting in a pumpkin patch, or something like that. "Charlie Brown" reference.
peacebaby7 commented…
Ooh, I remember that reference. I can't remember the episode either. >_< বছরখানেক আগে
mostar1219 commented…
Friend in a Box বছরখানেক আগে
TheRatKing1 commented…
^hornets বছরখানেক আগে
IDK if it counts as a reference, maybe a coincidence, but the fact that in "The Penguin Who Loved Me", Doris suddenly fell for Kowalski after seeing him fighting even though she has turned him down numerous times kinda reminds me how in the iCarly episode "iSaved Your Life", Carly suddenly fell for Freddie after he pushed her out of the way of the truck that was about to hit her. IN CONCLUSION, both girls weren't in love with both guys as they were in love with the actions that both guys did.
peacebaby7 commented…
I saw that one. XD বছরখানেক আগে
Miracle on Ice is a reference to a 1980s hockey game that everyone goes crazy about
big smile
In The Hoboken Surprise, when Skipper said "Show me your war face!" That was a reference to the 1987 movie, Full Metal Jacket.
বছরখানেক আগে mouseandowl1 said…
Hmmmm....
Ummmmm.....
I've got nothing
Lemur see lemur do= Monkey see Monkey do. I was a penguin zombie =i was a teenaged werewolf (something like that). Zoo tube= YouTube. The Falcon and the Snow job=The Falcon and the Snow Bird (an old movie). I know why the caged bird goes insane= I know why the caged bird sings (an old poem) .The most dangerous game night =The Most dangerous game (and old book). Private and the Winky factory= Charlie/Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory
peacebaby7 commented…
"I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" is also a book দ্বারা Maya Angelou. And I've read that and "The Most Dangerous Game". It's a pretty good, yet creepy, story. :D বছরখানেক আগে
mostar1219 commented…
maybe the caged bird sings like the fat lady (it ain't over till the fat lady sings) বছরখানেক আগে
facebook was mentioned by Mort when he was accepting "friend requests"
peacebaby7 commented…
Technically, he didn't mention it. He just accepted a bunch of friend requests. :P বছরখানেক আগে
27Kowalski commented…
^Close enough. XDD বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে Aquade said…
Just learned about a guy who called himself the Prophet. Apparently, he heard about an eclipse happening from the Canadians and told the Indian tribes that he had the power to knock out the sun. Making all the Native Americans believe him. Sound familiar?
chaos-ice commented…
Its the episode "Eclipsed" X3 বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে robertozs said…
I am the only one who noticed the wall clock in penguin's chamber? It's always 6 o'clock. Any part of the day.
27Kowalski commented…
Nope, I noticed that too! But I think it's আরো of a continuity error than a hint. :P বছরখানেক আগে
peacebaby7 commented…
I see it say twelve o'clock on a lot of occasions, too. বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে ImAnEasel said…
The jiggli are based on tribbles from Star Trek.

Star Trek episode: The Trouble with Tribbles.

PoM episode: The Trouble with Jiggles.

Tribbles are little furry blobs that breed and breed and breed, not to mention they eat everything (well, everything we can eat).
Also, I've heard that, when Skipper said 'and brown paper packages tied up with string.' in Launchtime, it was a reference to Mary Poppins.

Oh, and I've also heard that when he said 'Private! Don't be a hero! Don't be a fool with your life!' in Operation: Antarctica, it's a reference to a song.
ImAnEasel commented…
Forget the Mary Poppins thing. Turns out it's from the Sound of Music. XD বছরখানেক আগে
peacebaby7 commented…
LOL, yeah. From the "My পছন্দ Things" song. XD বছরখানেক আগে
Oh!! How could I forget? When King Julien shouts 'Do a Barrel Roll' in Operation: Antarctica, he's making a reference to the old video game Lylat Wars, in which you're often told to 'do a barrel roll' when you're flying through space. :P

Also, I think his vampire impressions in that episode were making fun of Twilight. XD
peacebaby7 commented…
HA! I will from now on think of it in that way. About the "Twilight" thing. XD বছরখানেক আগে
27Kowalski commented…
^LOL, me too! XD বছরখানেক আগে
big smile
I don't know if this was already mentioned, but when Kowalski screamed "FIRE EVERYTHING!" in Snakehead, that may have been a reference to Nero in Star Trek.
This one is kind of lame, but "assault and batteries" is like the legal term "assault and battery", and "The Lost Treasure of the Golden Squirrel" is very Indiana Jones-y
Skilene17 commented…
I noticed that বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে Skilene17 said…
Snowmageddon is a play on the word Armageddon.
The " My Car" Guy is similar to Fred from Spongebob Squarepants who instead shouts " my leg!".
There is also a rat king in TNMT, if i recall correctly
Bitt3rman commented…
Theres a lot of Tmnt references in Pom, in fact i think Eric Darnell and Tom Mcgrath are অনুরাগী of TMNT. :D বছরখানেক আগে
In Madagacar 1 and Madagcar 2, there were references to "Planet of the Apes" (the Statue of Liberty scene in the first one and the kiss scene between skipper and mason in the second one)
Skilene17 commented…
Right, and also at the end of It's about time. বছরখানেক আগে
The sheep Classified mistook for Dave is from Dreamworks ' How to train your Dragon'.
peacebaby7 commented…
LOL, I can see that. XD বছরখানেক আগে
SJF_Penguin2 commented…
I thought that too. They should have painted a target on him. বছরখানেক আগে
laugh
I thought it'd be easier just to post this. XD We have: Nicholas Cage, Elijah Wood, Drew Perry, Robin Wright, Charlize Theron, Helen Hunt, William Hurt, Halle Berry, Hugh Jackman, and Kevin Bacon. XD
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
 I thought it'd be easier just to post this. XD We have: Nicholas Cage, Elijah Wood, Drew Perry, Robin
Skilene17 commented…
LOL, celebrity puns. XD বছরখানেক আগে
mostar1219 commented…
That made me laugh the most. WE'RE STILL GONNA NEED THAG VICTORY CAKE! বছরখানেক আগে