Snape's Family and বন্ধু The Irony of Life

dragonsmemory posted on Apr 24, 2012 at 01:28AM
This was just an idea that's been somewhere between floating and kicking around. (It sure has been kicking me. I'll never read Harry Potter the same way again.) Me and Bluekait are going to be writing it (if she ever finds this). I'm writing from my own perspective. Bluekait, I have no idea on how she's writing it. Ok, I think I rambled enough.

Snape's Family and বন্ধু 31 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে dragonsmemory said…
It still comes as a bit of a shock, waking up in Gryffindor Tower. I've been so used to waking up in a dull Muggle house. I usually don't get mail, as I'm Muggle-born. That much was obivous from my fifth year of life. Yet, Igrew up with the Wizarding world. My entire life is one big paradox. Lucky me.
On this particular Saturday, I woke up rather slowly. At least, until I realized there was a Quidditch match that day. In all honesty, I still don't understand how I was able to get dressed so fast.

Ironically, I waas the first one awake. Since it would be pointless to head down to the Great Hall so early, I curled up in my favorite old armchair with one of the Harry Potter books. I was so glad I hadremembered to pack them. It was also strange, knowing my childhood hero had sat not too far from thed chair where I was now.
Near the couch, I was almost sure I saw a stain on the carpet. Judging by the color, it could only bed essence of murtlap. I smiled, then returned to the book. Irony always makes life interesting.
About twenty pages later (I keep forgetting to pack a watch), Albus S. Potter came down from the boys' dormitories. I looked up from my book and smiled. His rumpled black hair was even more messy than usual.
"Moorning," I said in my best George voice. "Wow. The famous Potter ghair. I didn't even know it could get any messier." I could tell he was ignoring me, since he wasintently staring at the stain.
"When--?"
"1995, Harry's fifth year here. Umbridge made him write lines with a blood quill. Hermione recommended he soakhis hand in essence of pickled murtlap tentacles. I forget the details, but he jumped up, broke the bowl, and spilled the murtlap. Seems the house-elves weren't able to clear it up," I said, before he even finished the question.
Back at my Muggle school, I had been known as the local Potter genius. I knew just about everything there was to know about the series. Of course, it was still strange, talking to a character I hadd only read about. I hid the cover of my book with my knees. There wasn't any need for Al to see thed title. Not yet, anyway. Thank Merlin I wasn't reading DH.
"Isn't there a match today?" he asked, trying not to look at me.
"Yes, there is. I don't know WHY you didn't try out. I mean, considering your dad'ss talent…" Oops. Iburied my nose in the book again. I'll just finish this one chapter, then get breakfast.
((Comments, people. I love comments))
Al had just sat down when I finished the chapter. I picked up the old Chocolate Frog card I used for a bookmark and marked my spot. He just glared at me
"Ready for breakfaast?" I asked, dropping the book onto the seat next to me. The blue-and-gray cover stared up at the ceiling. I silently thanked the bit of intuition that told me to remove the book jackets before packing them. Unfortunately, Al saw the cover. I sat there, debating what to do. If I grabbed the book out of his hands, he'd guess that it had something to do with Harry. If I just let him look at it, he'd KNOW it had something to dok with Harry. I was a little unsure of either option, as the book was showing its age.
The lettering had faded from the spine, there were odd ssplotches all over the front cover, and a short section in the beginning had detached itself from the rest of the book. In short, my copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was looking quite battered by now. If I grabbed it out of Al's hands, I could end up damaging the book. If I let him look at it, he might chuckit out the window. I was fairly certain I could fix it myself, but not if it landed in the lake.
Al must have had the same thoughts I was having.
"You'd better lock that in your trunk. SOME people might try to steal it.," he said,gesturing to the book laying innocsently between us.
"Thanks for the tip. I'm guessing your brother was going to give it to the giant squid," I replied nervously. Why I was nervous, I had no idea. It could have been that we had nothing in common except his family's history. Or, it could have been those first sparks between us. Either way, I gathered up the book, and went to lock it in my trunk, safely away from James.
বছরখানেক আগে Bluekait said…
worried
*runs in* Sorry Im late! Darn those Lacrosse practices. I was planning to write it but I had no time too! I am so sorry!
You can pick up Al's perspective in Chapter 4.
বছরখানেক আগে HPCouples said…
Nice. What's the plot?
As you can tell by the chapter length, this is meant to be a novella. The plot hasn't really developed yet. If I were to tell you the plot, that would spoil the whole story.
I can tell you that it centers around me, Albus S. Potter, and Quidditch.
বছরখানেক আগে HPCouples said…
That's all? How about the genre? Is it a romance, drama, angst, etc.
It's probably humor/romance. Maybe a slight parody.
((my chapter))

Albus walks into the Dining Hall, over hears a group of Ravenclaw girls. "He should not be here, Kat! Albus is just as bad as his father," said a tall, blonde girl. Albus is shocked to hear such thing and storms of. He finds Johanna and tells her what they said. "Oh it is nothing. Just a bunch of lies," she tells him. She gives him a quick hug and scurries to her next class. "Maybe it is, Johanna. Maybe it is," says Albus, with a sly grin.
I hurried off to class, trying to puzzle out what happened. Why would a bunch of Ravenclaws insult ANY Potter like that? Usually the Ravenclaws worked well withus Gryffindors, except on the Quidfitch pitch.
I dropped my bag onto the desk I shared with Ruby. "Al's really upset. He overheard some Ravenclaws talking."
"So? That shouldn't be too bad," she replied.
"Ruby, they said he's just as bad as Harry. I'm surprised they'd say that though."
"They probably heard some of the stories."
"Probably…" My thoughts wandered to the book I was currently reading. I was so lost in thought that I managed to switch my own glasses for a quill. I had to spend ten minutes trying to track them down.

In the common room that evening, I decided to confront the youngest Potter. I flopped onto the couch next to him and dropped all seven books into his lap.
"What's this?" he asked, picking up the first one.
"Your dad's story," I replied, slapping the stack. "Where I come from, he's just a story. This is where I learned about Hogwarts, about all of this. You should just ignore those Ravenclaws. After all, you're the son of Harry Freakin' Potter. And you're so much more. They're just jealous." I hugged him again, a little longer than I meant to. Something just seemed to click between us that day. Perhaps I'd take him flying on my Nimbus after the Quidditch match.
I spent most of my free time over that week in front of the Gryffindor fire, poring over the books. Beside me was a scrap of parchment, where I was jotting notes. My quill was behind my ear, dripping ink onto my clothes.
I was reading my notes so far when both Potter boys walked in. Al flopped onto the seat next to me like there was nothing unusual. James on the other hand, lounged against the mantle, watching us and ruffling his hair.
"What in the name of Merlin ARE you doing?" James asked.
"I'm taking notes, what does it look like I'm doing?" I replied testily.
"Jay, Jo's the Seeker, like Dad was. She's taking notes on what he did for the match," Al shot at James. Jo. I'd never been called that before. I knew it was sort of a tradition among the clan to shorten each other's names. For Al to do that wsith my name meant he must see me as part of the family. I set aside my notes.
"Is your dad coming up for the game?" I asked.
"He said he would," Al replied. "And we both know he keeps his promises." I smiled. The famous Harry Potter, watching me play Quidditch.
"Hmph," was all James could say. He walked out of the portrait hole just as Ruby walked in. Al and I both groaned.
"Aww, look at you two!" she cooed. "I HAVE to get a picture of this!" She held up her camera. "Say, 'Merlin!'" The camera flashed, blinding us both for a second.
"Ruby, did you REALLYhave to do that? I'm trying to prepare for Saturday's match and you're not helping."
"You want help?"
"If she did, she would have asked," Al retorted, his green eyes blazing under his black hair. Even though I was a few years older than he, I still felt a connection with him, which was odd, as wedidn't have much in common.
((Found it!!!! Filling in for Johanna for which she is at a Quidditch game tonight))

"I was just asking!" screeched Ruby, storming out of the Gryffindor Common Room. Albus and Johanna exchanged confused looks and head off to bed with out another word. The next day, Albus walked into Potions class. Then flashes of light surrounded him, screams can be heard and his eye sight was lost in the pitch black darkness. When he opened his eyes and he was in the Hospital Wing, with Ruby and Johanna.
"What happened?"
"I dont know."
"Ruby, do you know?"
"Yes, you have been attacked by Draco's kid."
Albus opened his mouth to argue then closed it. He knew he cant argue with a Hufflepuff. "Do you why he did it?" Albus asked. Ruby replied, "He did because he is jealous that Johanna here and I have been hanging around you and for whatever reason he decide to attack you when you step foot in Potions." Albus couldn't believe this. His closest friend was a love-sick Slytherin. He had to do something.
I stayed by Al's side as much as I could. Between practice and classes, it wasn't much. He protested every time he saw me come into the hospital wing.
"You don't have to do this," he said.
"What am I supposed to do, leave you at the mercy of your brother?" I asked sarcastically.
"In all honesty, James isn't that bad," a deep male voice said. It came from somewhere behind me. Al smirked. I turned around slowly.
Behind me stood a tall man with round glasses and messy black hair. Mmy jaw dropped. Harry Potter was standing right in front of me.
"S-Sorry, M-Mr. Potter," I stammered, holding my broom closer. Today was the day of the big match. I had come down to see Al before heading to the stadium. It seemed I wasn't the only one with that idea.
"It's all right. I just came up to see the match. You're the new Seeker, aren't you?" he asked, noticing my broom.
"Yes, I am. I've been studying what you did all those years ago, and it's worked so far."
"Yes, I've heard. Albus always writesaa full blow-by-blow of every match. He seems to fancy you quite a bit," Harry said, winking at Al. I blushed.
((continued from chapter 7))

Albus smiled, "Have you talked to Mr. Malfoy lately Dad?"

Harry turned to his injured son and said, "Yes, Albus. Matter of fact, I bumped into him in front of Honeydukes. He told me everything about what Scorpius did and he felt sorry for what his son did to you. You know what? He blushed the whole time. He never did that when we went here together. But anyways, are you feeling any better to play against Hufflepuff?"

Albus realized one thing. Ruby was a Chaser of the Hufflepuff House. With a sigh, he agree that he was feeling. He got out of bed and with his dad and team mate Johanna, Albus went to the Field.

During the game of Quidditch with stands of yellow, black, scarlet and gold, the game was rough. Ruby gotten hurt badly, so they forfeit the game.
Even though Hufflepuff had to forfeit the game, I just couldn't resist showing off a bit for Harry. Once I was back on the ground, I saw thatf both Potters were beaming.
"What?"
"You remind me of me a bit," he said.
"Well, I should hope so. I've read all about you, you know."
"Really?"
"Yeah. There's books about you. I've studied them,, what you've done." This was incredible. Perhaps I should wait to tell him my story. For now, it was enough just talking Quidditch and brooms.
Back in the common room that evening, I just couldn't resist writinghome about the match and my closest friends.

Mom and Dad,
I really love Hogwarts. It's just like the books. I got Sorted into Gryffindor. Guess who else is in Gryffindor? Here's a hint: read the epilogue of Deathly Hallows. I ACTUALLY SAW THAT HAPPEN ON THE PLATFORM!
Anywaay, I tried out for the House team and made Seeker. Albus, the youngest Potter here, made Chaser. James, the other one, didn't even try. McGonagall said I can still play even though I'm a firstie. The Potters are really nice. Mr. Potter came up for the Gryffindor/Hufflepuff match. Hufflepuff forfeited, though. He said I was a really good Seeker.
Thanks for the Christmas present, I was really wanting a new notebook. The old one became a Christmas present for the giant squid. Blame James for that one. Imagine my surprise when I ddiscovered that Mrs. Potter made me a sweater the way her mom made them. Yes, I wrote her a thank-you.
Al says hi.

Love,
Johanna

P.S. Make sure Em knows to keep Mercury's water tray filled. I plan to write a lot this year andd he'll need the water.
The reply wasn't long in coming. It was hard, trying to spot Mercury in the huge flock of owls. Not for the first time, I wished I had gotten a snowy owl.

Dear Johanna,
It's nice to know that you're having fun at Hogwarts. Are you keeping up on all your schoolwork?
The house is much emptier without you here.
That was very nice of the Potters to include you like that. What would you like to do for your birthday this year? You don't have to decide just yet. We can talk more in June.
Love,
Mom

I smiled at the letter. My family was still a little wary of the Wizarding world. I looked again at the last paragraph. It seemed I wasn't the only one doing that, as Al was reading over my shoulder.
"When's your birthday?" he asked.
"Well…" I answered, trying to think of the best way to put it. "It's July 31st." Smooth. Just blurt it right out.
"That's the same day as Dad's." Al said, grinning. I wasn't sure what to say to that, so I started shoveling eggs into my mouth. "We always do a big barbecue for Dad's birthday. All the cousins come. Last year James tried pranking Dad. He put Skiving Snackboxes in the cake." I had stopped listening a while ago. A barbecue with the Potters.
"I'll ask my parents if I can come this year." I rummaged around in my bag, looking ffor a quill. I hurredly scrawled a letter to my parents.

Mom,
The Potters are doing a barbecue for Mr. Potter's birthday. I think it'd be a nice surprise if I went. Can I go? You can come too, if you want. I think you'd like Mrs. Potter. She knows all sorts of household spells. And Dad would love James (and probably the Weasleys). I know Em isn't as big a fan as I am, but I think she'd have fun to.
Let's just say this family makes ours look sane. Aside from the fact they're mostly pure-bloods (check the book).
I have to go, Potions is starting soon. Professor Snape'll take points from Gryffindor if I'm late.
Johanna

I sent the note back with Mercury, then ran off to Potions, Al right by my side.
Unfortunately, Scirpius Malfoy was there. Well, unfortunate for me. Al, on the other hand, greeted the blond Slytherin like they were best friends. THAT was confusing. He even went as far as to insist that the three of us sit together. So, how would I choose?
I wanted to sit with Al. We were really starting to get close now. On the other hand, I didn't trust myself around Scorpius. Ihad read too much about the past to even try. It was Al that suggested the compromise.
"Jo, why don't I sit between you and Scorp? That way you two won't be tempted to hex each other in class," he said, dropping his books on the table.
"Al, that is bloody brilliant. Are you sure Hermione's not your mother?" I said in response. I dropped my own books onto the table.
"Yes, I'm sure." Al started blushing. "Great catch in the match last week."
"It was a slow Snitch," I huffed. I wasn't used to compliments.
"Dad didn't think so. He said even he had trouble following it." I looked over at Scorpius and decided to be polite.
"What about your parents? What did they think?"
"They didn't come," Scorpius said sadly.
"Neither did mine. Then again, I'm Muggle-born. My parents really don't care for all of this." And there I go, blurting out my life story. Why am I always babbling around Al?
I saw Scorp's scowl deepen. Like father, like son. No wonder he hexed Al last week. Ironically, I felt the need to do anything it took to protect him. I really needed to talk to an expert about this.

It wasn't until after lunch that an opportunity came. I managed to slipup to the Owlery (with a bit of help from Ruby and James) so I could write my letter.

Dear Mr. Potter,
You don't mind if I ask you a few questions? I figured you'd be the best one to ask, considering…
Anyway, whenever I'm around Aal, I really start babbling. I might end up telling him my life story by the end of the year. Anyidea as to why?
Also, you remember that Scorpius hexed Al last week. Well, now I have the strange urge to protect him, no matter the cost. I figured you might know why, considering, you felt nearly the same way.
Thanksfor listening,
Johanna Glass

I sent the letter off with Mercury. Merlin only knew what Harry's answer would be.
CHAPTER TEN: GRYFFINDOR VERSUS SLYTHERIN
((This chapter's a little different. It's more in the style of the Harry Potter books, as you can probably tell. Ok, enough of my chatter before I spoil it, and on with the story.))

Johanna woke almost at the crack of dawn on the day of the Gryffindor/Slytherin match. All the other girls in the dormitory were still fast asleep. She fumbled around for her glasses, sending her wand to the floor, as usual. The day didn't feel much different than any other. Early morning sunlight streamed in the window. It promised to be aa beautiful day for the match.

By the time Jo got down to breakfast, most of the team was already there. She ducked the Slytherin Seeker's attempt to strangle her and dropped in her usual spot next to the Potter boys.
The Great Hall filled quickly. James looked up from his sausages at a sift whooshing sound.
"Mail's here," he said. Sure enough, about a hundred owls flew into the room, circling overhead, looking for their owners. A handsome male snowy owl landed in front of Albus.
"Isn't that Ghostwing?" Jo asked, naming the Potter family owl.
"Yeah. Wonder what he's doing here." The owl held out his leg, proffering a note to Al. He took it with shaky hands.
"It's probably not that bad," Jo offered. "At least it's not a Howler." Howlers were the worst letters any Hogwarts student could recieve. They were bright scarlet and screamed their message for all to hear when they were opened. Everyone dreaded seeing an owl carrying one of those. James had gotten quite a few in this year alone. Even now, Jo could still hear Harry Potter's magnified yells.
"Thank Merlin it's not," Al said.
"No kidding. I still haven't gotten back all of my hearing from the last one Dad sent. Was he always that loud?" James asked, cleaning out one ear.
"If he got into one of his rages. Usually, he'll get really mad if you keep him iin thed dark, or have a go at his parents." Jo spoke calmly, as if she were commenting on the weather.
Meanwhile, Al had opened the note. "It's from Dad. They're all coming up for the game."
((Sorry If I haven't posted. I have to study.))

Johanna grinned as if she wants to brag about something. As students walk to their Common Rooms talking about the upcoming game, Ruby ran over from the Hufflepuff group of girls to Johanna and the Potters. "Hey, are you guys ready for the game? Ravenclaw is supposed to be against you guys, right?" she said, catching her breath. Albus nods and said, "Yeah, my family is coming to see the game." Ruby managed to catch her breath and leaned against the wall. "Cool, cool. Anyways, I gotta go. I going to write to my folks about my new boyfriend." With confused looks on their faces, Ruby walked off. "New boyfriend? What does Ruby mean?" complained James. "I was about to ask her out!" Albus turns to his older brother and said sternly, "James, dont do it. I know what you are going to do and dont do it." He turns and walks off.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
((Ugh. I clearly saidd this was the Slytherin game, not Ravenclaw. Also, I wasn't QUITE done chapter 10, but that's a goodstopping point))

Al and I just looked at each other for a moment.
"I really hope he's not planning some master prank on the Hufflepuffs," I said.
"Knowing him, it'll be big, elaborate, and get him in trouble," Al said matter-of-factly.
"In that case, I feel so sorry for you."
"Why?"
"You're related to that git. Come on, we have to get ready." I dragged Al towards the locker rooms, listening to the thundering sound of the whole school heading for the pitch.

We sat through the pre-match speech, our hearts pounding frantically. At the moment, Ravenclaw and Gryffindor were tied for second for the House Cup. Whoever won this match would play Sllytherin in the finals. It fell mainly to me, as catching the Snitch was worth a hundred and fifty points.

I clutched my Nimbus closer. This was it. The two captains shook hands. Then, the command.
"Mount your brooms." Madaam Hooch's voice seemed to come from a great distance. I swung my leg over the broom and kicked off. There was a brief flash of gold. The Snitch had been released.
((Oops. Sorry, I thought that was the end of Chapter ten. I was studing for my finals in my Muggle school, so I got really lost and wrote a chapter. Sorry!!!))
((Ehh, they can just be combined together a bit. BTW, research has proven that you retain info better if you study right before bed))
((Awww, sweet. Thanks!))
((Anyway, let's keep writing. I'm on a roll tonight))
I didn't have much to do during the game. Every so often, I'd see a glint of gold that looked like a reflection from somebody's watch. I paid just enough attention to the commentary to hear that Gryffindor was wininng considerably.
Just as I was sure the Ravenclaw Seeker would get the Snitch before me, I saw it. It was hovering right by the Ravenclaw goalposts. As I hurtled towards the small gold ball, I saw that Al had posession of the Quaffle. He was aiming for the same hoop the Snitch was closest to. I put on an extra burst of speed. Al never hadhis father's eye for detail. A loud whoosh told me a Bludger was on its way. There was sure to be a crash.
The Bludger missed my broom's tail by inches. Al hung back, knowing that this was the moment. I reached out, keeping my left arm gripping my broom's haandle for balance. It seemed the world was moving in slow motion.
I stretched out further, my fingers closing around the tiny, struggling Snitch. Immediately, the stands erupted into cheers. Gryffindor was moving on to the finals.

It took several minutes for all of Gryffindor House, including thed Potter family, to get back to the common room. During that time, I had ample opportunity to…well, I wasn't sure what I hhadd the opportunity for. Everything became lost in aa haze after about seven o'clock.
((Thanks!))
((And now the moment we've been waiting 28 posts for. This is it))
The party was just as loud as the ones I had read about. James and a few of his friends had gotten a good supply of butterbeer. Mr. Potter recounted several of his adventures. All in all, it was great.
As the night wore on, I became more and more aware of Al. I wasn't sure if it was the butterbeer or not. We inched closer to each other. No one seemed to notice. James was trying to flirt with one of the other Chasers. I could see it wasn't going so well and laughed. Poor James. No Quidditch talent in a family of Quidditch stars really made him desperate.
Once Al bumped into me, the common room bbecame oddly crowded.
"Want to move somewhere else?" he asked, raising his voice to be heard over the party.
"Good idea," I nearly shouted. We wound our way through the room to the portrait hole and left for one of those deserted corridors couples liked to use.
I took my glasses off to clean them. In thatspan of time, I was oblivious to just about everything. I didn't notice that Al had moved closer until I put my glasses back on.
"Your eyes are…" he whispered. I never found out what my eyes were, as our lips met.
In the weeks that followed, Al and I became much more than just friends. We were a couple now, and the talk of the school. James was still trying to get Ruby, who repeatedly turned him down (not tomention every other girl in the place). The Quidditch final had been a piece of cake. Of course, Scorpius was mad right after the game, but things cooled down after that. We managed to strike up an uneasy friendship, which certainly made Al happy. Ruby, Sierra, aand James, in a burst of true Marauderness, started betting on Al and I. Scorpm thank Merlin, wanted no part in the betting.
All to soon, finals were over, and it was time for the Leaving Feast. I had packed my trunk days ago, that way I wouldn't be sprinting all over Gryffindor Tower for my stuff. Gryffindor won the House Cup yet again. During the feast, I turned to the two Potters.
"You know, when your dad was here, he couldn't even go a year without meddling in something." Both boys groaned.
"Jo, I love you, but I get enough of that at home," Al said.
"And just because I've given my permission doesn't meaan you're family," James said, which gave me the feeling I had heard something like that before.
"Your permission? Since when do I need your permission to get a girlfriend?"
"I swear, you get more like Mum every day." I smiled at the arguing Potters and turned back to my food. True, we didn't knock out mountain trolls or meet three-headed dogs, giant spiders, monstrous snakes, or bald noseless psychopaths, but we DID have an interesting year. After all, with a Potter at Hogwarts, no year is ever "normal."

((Et voila! That's the end. The next chapter is an epilogue that takes place on the platform and sets the stage for the sequel, "A Very Jalbus Birthday."))
EPILOGUE
PLATFORM NINE AND THREE-QUARTERS
After a very eventful train ride home involving Exploding Snap, missing eyebrows, and almost a duel, itg was time to leave the train. For me, going back through the barrier meant returning to the Muggle world, a place where Al and his family didn't exist. At least I had Mercury.
All off us, James, Al, Ruby, Sierra, Scorp, and me, left the compartment at the same time. Of course, clumsy me had to trip while I was pulling my trunk from the luggage rack. I fell backwards into Al's waiting arms, blushing redder than a Weasley's haair.

Once we had all disembarked, crazy pets and all, we looked for our families. Ruby and Sierra saw their parents first.
"Promise you'll write?" Ruby asked. "I haave to know what you and Al get up to this summer. I am the one that ggot you two together."
"Of course I will. And if I recall correctly, you just bugged the hell out of us with that camera of yours."
"Well it helped."
"Not really. I felt it coming pretty much aall year. It just took that huge party to nudge us in the right direction."
"Very true. Well, I'll see you…when I see you, I guess."
"Ggood luck dealing with James."

Our goodbyes with Scorpius were a little more strained. It didn't help that his father camed over almost as soon as Ruby and Sierra left. From what I could remember reading, Mr. Malfoy was a pure-blood that thought Muggle-borns were inferior. I really didn't know if that had changed after the war, and Scorp didn't really talk much about his family.
"Scorpius, are you ready?" Mr. Malfoy asked as he approached.
"Yep. All set. See you guys later, then."
Now it was just the Potters, the Weasleys, and me. The agreement was that I'd stick with them until we got through the barrier. That way, I could talk to my parents and Al could talk to his parents about the summer.
"There they are," James said, pointing across the platform. Sure enough, the untidy black hair of Harry Potter was making its way across the platform towards us, followed by a head of brown hair that was surely Hermione, and a head of bright red hair that was certainly Ron. Istarted wondering where Ginny was, out of curiosity if nothing else.
Harry was beaming, his long legs striding towards us. You'd think he had just won the lottery or something.
"Is he always like that?" I turned to Al.
"Mmore so now than in September. Then he starts getting moody and grumbles about Death Eaters and stuff."
"Yeah, but I think he's going to talk your parents into letting you stay," James chimed in.
"Well, it would certainly make my birthday this year the best one yet." All three of us laughed at that.
"Hey guys. Ready to go? Mum's at home with Lils. She's sick. She must've picked it up somewhere. I'll have to meddle and find the answer," Harry said, more to himself than us. I couldn't help but snort at his comment about meddling to find an answer. "Hello, Johanna. I hear Al's invited you to the barbecue, eh?"
"Yeah. I'd have to talk to my parents more. Their last letter wasn't very encouraging." Harry looked thoughtful as we all made our way to the barrier. I could see James smirking. Merlin only knew what he was planning.
"Hey, Dad."
"Yes, James?"
"Guess when Jo's birthday is."
"I would assume sometime thiss summer."
"That's pretty close. She was born the same day as you!"
"Are you sure?"
"Absolutely. Shed just blurted it out one day at breakfast." James had started laughing. I could tell Harry wasn't taking him seriously.
"It reaally is. Fourteen years after you." And there was even more irony. It was fourteen years or so between Voldemort's reigns of terror.
"Curious. Very curious."

Once we were back in the Muggle part of the station, I introduced my family to the Potters. It went well. Since they saw the movies and read the books, they kknew a little about him. At least their eyes didn't flick up to his scar.

"I don't see any reason why she can't go," Mom said. I threw my arms around her in gratitude. I was going to the Potters'!

THE END