Spyro The Dragon What do আপনি think of the new Spyro game (Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure)?

Mooncavern posted on Mar 06, 2011 at 05:59PM
I really don't like the new Spyro game. They messed Spyro up big time and killed him again. And I just can't believe that they canceled the Spyro movie for it, too.
 I really don't like the new Spyro game. They messed Spyro up big time and killed him again. And I jus

Spyro The Dragon 18 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে Mooncavern said…
angry
If they were going to make a new Spyro game they should have just continued doing the Legend of Spyro series. I am extremely POed at Activision for this.
বছরখানেক আগে vlad_todd_fan said…
angry
..........................................­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­He looks like a FUCKING TOAD WITH HORNS!!!!!!! I MEAN C'MON PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!! WE'VE BEEN PATIENTLY WAITING FOR A NEW SPYRO GAME AND THIS IS THE SHIT YOU COME UP WITH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?­!?!­?..­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­.. THIS IS JUST UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!! ANY SPYRO FAN WOULD AGREE WITH ME I"M SURE.
বছরখানেক আগে glelsey said…
Well, I think I've learned to accept that Spyro has many alternate existences! XD

Not sure what inspired them to make him so miniature, with a tiny snout and oversized eyes and horns like that. I think he looks cute, but I also think it's kind of random. Especially as, by the end of the Legend of Spyro, he had grown up a bit, and that alone is different to the old games. Hence, Spyro's alternate existences.

I really have absolutely no idea what the gameplay will be like; I've heard something about connecting toys to the console to make them ingame characters, which sounds interesting, but that doesn't give away too much about the gameplay itself. If this game's going to be available for the Wii I might get it, but I think I'll wait for the reviews before making a decision.

Maybe they just can't decide what they want to do with the character, so they're being experimental. I don't know what the games between Insomniac and the Legend series were like as I've not played them, but heard they "kiddified" Spyro to make him appeal to a younger audience? Out of the Legend games I've only played Dawn of the Dragon, and that had more of a "cinematic" feel to it rather than the original "cartoony" atmosphere from the first 3 games. But at least it did have similarities to the original games too, having that "epic" feel and lots of action. Plus Spyro still looked like himself, even if he had grown up a bit! XD

I'll keep an eye out for the game, because it interests me. I'm not really excited or disappointed about it yet, because as I said before I really don't know what to expect at all. But I'll keep it in mind and look out for the reviews!
বছরখানেক আগে Vicieron said…
Actually, I dont mind the newest game. It kinda reminds me of the days of olde when Spyro was cool. Also I like his concept character design in this picture =======>link because He looks more like some version of a Western Dragon painting, especially in the scales.

But in all honesty, why do you guys care about his looks? That is not a important issue to be hung up on. I know most of you making the comments are Legend fans who would have wanted to see Spyro and Cynder have Dragonlets and live happily ever after. Well me, I wasnt for that. I did not enjoy Spyro's personality, nor the sappy crybaby plot, nor the overdone method of how they went about making it. These were true deturmining factors because it is these and possibly others that I did not care to think about or mention that turns the tide and mood of a Series. Yes his character design from the legends was a issue here but no where NEAR as important as the other issues.

2.) I dont mind this newest Release of Skylanders. The trailer showed that it is returning to "Cool" and that is enough for me. I dont like sappy stories. Never been a fan of it. Some friends here like his new design because they say he looks BAD A$$. Me, It doesnt matter really. I learned a long time ago to not get too worked up on a characters image.It is the method of the story and how the character comes to embrace the newest challenges that is VASTLY more important than his looks.

3.) It is rather hypocritical for some of you to declare that you dont like this newest release but LOOOOOOOOOOVE the Legends. I cant help but to shake the feeling that some Strict Legend fans that dont like the Original as much are not true fans. I cant help it and I know I am leaving myself open for alot of comments but I dont care. Its an ugly assumption that I cant shake but it is just me. I love the Original Trilogy with all my heart and would never trade or sell Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly back for anything because I loved that game. But getting back to the point, It pains me to hear Legend fans say that they dont like one release but favor a reboot of the original.

Kinda Double standardish dont you think?

Well now that I have opened myself up with flames once more it is high time that I conclude this by saying that I know some of you love both Spyros and that is well and fine. I dont mind that. It is only the people that dont like the Old spyro for some pathetic (Like Spyro looks like a lego block, He had to grow up, the plot was boring) reason that goes to serve no purpose in an argument that unnerves me.

I have a better explained opinion here ===>link
but I will just finish by saying this:

All I know is that I know I am a fan of Spyro and love his true form of awesomeness. It is how the game, story and how he goes about conquering evil that makes a determining factor for me.

You should all pick your poison as well.
-Vicieron
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
 Actually, I dont mind the newest game. It kinda reminds me of the days of olde when Spyro was cool. A
That concept art is nice. ^^ I agree with you about the graphics actually, Vicieron. That's why I said that I don't have much of an opinion yet, because graphics stuff aside, I really don't know what to expect of the gameplay!

Though I must admit I think I somehow have a COMPLETELY different perspective of Spyro's existences compared to many other people on this website. Maybe it's because I missed out on a lot of the games, I don't know. But to me, personally:

INSOMNIAC SPYRO is a cute, cheeky adolescent dragon who doesn't apparently fear the bad guys. He's quite happy to charge into them or set them on fire (and perhaps set a few various plants on fire while he's at it). He's very mischievous, but also heroic considering he uses his mischievous traits to save the good guys from the bad. I didn't particularly think he was "cool", and I didn't care whether or not he was. The reason he appealed to me was because he was "fun".

The Spyro that came around after Insomniac and before the Legends... I can't comment on because I've never played any of those!

LEGEND SPYRO could have done with more personality, if I'm honest, but overall I saw him as a humble hero who quite surprisingly kicked some serious butt when he went into battle, now armed with a whole lot of abilities. According to the Legend website, Spyro was apparently a "reckless adolescent growing into a natural leader". But most of the Legend cast (Spyro included) appeared a bit simplistic to me, and I would've liked to know more about their personalities. As such, I've known some fans to claim Spyro in the Legend games to be "too fearless", others "too wimpish", some "too emo", others "too emotionless", and so on. But I just think he wasn't enough of anything, and that's why his personality was decided on by the fandom. Now, I know personality isn't the most important thing in a game, but when it is so storyline-heavy like the Legend series, it would've made sense to give the characters stronger and more distinctive personalities. (Sparx was cool though!)

^I should mention that out of the Legend trilogy, I've only played Dawn of the Dragon. But I know people who own the whole trilogy, and kinda know the story, plus I've seen many of the cut-scenes and bits of gameplay.

In terms of atmosphere, I think Insomniac Spyro has something in common with both Legend Spyro and Skylander Spyro:
Insomniac Spyro + Legend Spyro = "epic" atmosphere.
Insomniac Spyro + Skylander Spyro = "cartoony" atmosphere.

From what I've seen anyway. I'm familiar with all 3 Insomniac games, only familiar with one Legend game, and have seen a couple of videos for Skylanders. The Insomniac games put you in the middle of the action, and were very fast-paced and exciting. Dawn of the Dragon was exciting too, but in a slightly different way as the action came less from the traditional platformer elements and more from the combat elements. Skylanders looks just about as cutesy and cartoony as Insomniac Spyro, but from what I've seen I'm not sure if it'll be as action-packed as the other Spyro games I've played so far. Maybe it will though - it's difficult to tell - but I am fairly sure it will be quite cartoony.

If I could choose what appeared in a Spyro game, I think I'd go for this:
-Spyro would have his "Insomniac" personality.
-Sparx would have his "Legend" personality.
-There would be different types of bad guys. Some weak ones can be knocked out by flaming or charging ("Insomniac" style) whereas stronger would need to be dealt with by combining attacks ("Legend" style).
-There would be an optional co-op mode. But if you play single player, you don't have the second dragon following you around (a bit like how co-op mode works in the new Crash Bandicoot games, rather than Dawn of the Dragon).
-It would have special challenges that get you a percentage further in the game (like the old skateboarding levels!).
-The music would resemble Stewart Copeland's style (oriental/pop combination), but be performed with real instruments!
-The graphics should be pleasant-looking and expressive, which they already are in ALL the Spyro games I've known anyway. :)
-There should be one main storyline; it doesn't have to be deep but I would be interesting in seeing some exciting twists and some comedy! (not as serious as the Legends, not as predictable as the Insomniacs, so kinda different from both of those)

Anyway, like I said I am keeping an eye on this game because it does sound interesting. Even if I decide not to buy it for whatever reason, it'll be interesting to know more about it.
বছরখানেক আগে Mooncavern said…
I hear what you are saying. I really do think it's cool that they are doing a new Spyro game. My only problem is that Spyro now looks like a young Malefor. I also am just a little mad that the stopped making the movie for this game. I just love Spyro too much to see him get continuously ruined by these game designers. That's all I'm saying.
Are you sure this is why the movie was cancelled? I understand that both the movie AND this game would both be big projects, but I had a feeling there were other complications with the movie. Besides, it would have been created by a lot of different people (film makers, rather than game developers).

Maybe what we need after Skylanders is a game that ties in all of Spyro's alternate existences together. For the most part, I loved Dawn of the Dragon for the same reasons I loved the three original Spyro games. I often read people's comments about how completely different the originals and Legends are, and think, "yeah, no they're not." Probably because my reasons for loving the old games were present in the new one I played. True, the moods of the games were different, but gameplay-wise, the things I loved from the old ones were there in DOTD.

But the alternate existence thing is very confusing... and weird. :P Yes, I said I've learned to accept it... but I am still hoping that someday all of Spyro's existences get merged together and start making sense! Not expecting, just hoping. XD
বছরখানেক আগে kitty_spyro8 said…
sad
the old spyro is best, it had a great story-line, fun mini games, no random enemies popping up out of nowhere and he had a cool voice. plus sparx went buzz buzz buzz and changed color and ate butterflys instead of annoying you all throughout the story, and hunter and spyro and sparx looked WAY better and he never got old and they were always meeting new characters in every level
meh
plus, no new element breath, only powerups gave you special abilitys for a short time
smile
The first 3 spyros for the win!!!!!!! :D
plus skylanders... he looks weird, and not cool like this

link <------- LINK
and spro could skateboard
im not saying LEGEND isnt cool, its just my opinion :3
smile
I know it's been six months since anyone posted in this thread, but I thought it might be time to revive it now that the game is out and people are playing it.

Myself included. I bought the Skylanders "starter pack" last week and so far I am really impressed! In fact, a lot of the things I wrote in my previous post here seem to have been included in the game. My list was:
-Spyro would have his "Insomniac" personality.
(Check. He's got an ambitious attitude and can be a bit cocky at times, while also being smart and with-it.)
-Sparx would have his "Legend" personality.
(I don't have Sparx - you have to buy him separately - but I plan to get him so I don't know about this one yet.)
-There would be different types of bad guys. Some weak ones can be knocked out by flaming or charging ("Insomniac" style) whereas stronger would need to be dealt with by combining attacks ("Legend" style).
(Kind of. You don't combine attacks like the Legend games, but there's a good variety of ways to kill monsters. Yay!)
-There would be an optional co-op mode. But if you play single player, you don't have the second dragon following you around (a bit like how co-op mode works in the new Crash Bandicoot games, rather than Dawn of the Dragon).
(Check. Skylanders has EXACTLY that.)
-It would have special challenges that get you a percentage further in the game (like the old skateboarding levels!).
-The music would resemble Stewart Copeland's style (oriental/pop combination), but be performed with real instruments!
(Close enough. The Skylanders soundtrack does resemble his style a fair amount. Whether or not the instruments are real, they are of decent quality.)
-The graphics should be pleasant-looking and expressive, which they already are in ALL the Spyro games I've known anyway. :)
(Check... as far as I'm concerned. But that's really down to your personal opinion. I like the "compact" character designs and cartoony atmosphere, and am really happy with how expressive the characters are.)
-There should be one main storyline; it doesn't have to be deep but I would be interesting in seeing some exciting twists and some comedy! (not as serious as the Legends, not as predictable as the Insomniacs, so kinda different from both of those)
(I'm not very far in the game yet so I can't really judge this yet.)

And one more thing I briefly mentioned, that I certainly didn't expect; they've attempted to tie in the classic series with the Legend trilogy. Yes, I'll only call it "attempted". They don't go into too much detail, but in Spyro's Skylander biography it mentions that he comes from a line of "rare purple dragons" (being faithful to the Legend games), but also goes on to mention that he has been on all kinds of adventures (which could refer to anything - so that could include the original games, the ones Insomniac didn't make like Enter the Dragonfly and A Hero's Tail, the handheld games, etc.) Given this is considered yet another reboot, I am okay with how they've gone about it. It seems like they've tried to put a little something in for all the fans (those of us who remember the PS1 days, the ones who discovered Spyro thanks to the Legend trilogy, and any fans in between).

There are only a few things I was disappointed with at first:
-You can't jump! What kind of a platform game is it if you can't jump? But, to be fair, I'm adjusting to that now. I'm seeing how it adds to the gameplay and level design... just takes a while to adapt to it.
-I miss Sparx. I don't mind the absence of some of the other old characters, but I definitely wish Sparx was there all the time flying by Spyro's side. I definitely plan to purchase the pack that includes him!
-Some of the level designs feel a bit restricted. I like the "go anywhere" style of game design you usually get in Spyro games. That said, the levels seem to be getting better the more I play so maybe I just need to get further in the game.

Overall though, I'm really glad I bought Skylanders. I wasn't sure what to expect a few months ago (I didn't really have an opinion of the game either way). Like the old Spyro games it has a strong "typical retro platformer" element to it, like collecting coins, killing bad guys and finding secrets. Like the Legend games there is a levelling up system, you collect armour (well... hats!) and you can get pretty creative with the whole bad guy killing thing. And of course, it's action-packed - which is what I love about all Spyro games!

Considering how the game has something for everyone (rather than having "everything for someone") it might come down to whether your glass is half full or half empty.
বছরখানেক আগে sparkyhedgehog said…
cool
it really is a good game. you just cant think of it as a spyro game
Yeah, it's more of a game that features Spyro, rather than a Spyro game I guess. Though it's a good thing Spyro is in it. If he wasn't, people would have probably said the game rips off Spyro or something. XD
বছরখানেক আগে reaversrevenge said…
tongue
I don't really want to play skylanders...... I think that they have kinda ruined spyro (no offense anyone) but he was epicaly awesome and now....he just looks like a gargoyle. Ick.
বছরখানেক আগে CallOfDutyRox02 said…
I like it but it isn't as good as the legend of spyro series in my opinion I havnt played the first 3 yet but I have a hero's tale and enter the dragonfly they r alright but I have to say the legend of spyro the eternal night was my favourite