The Sound of সঙ্গীত Does the Captain প্রণয় Maria?

faya27 posted on Jul 08, 2012 at 06:38AM
Yes or No?

If yes, then how come he wasn't upset when Maria left so sudden at the night at the party? I mean, seriously, while the children were moping that Maria left, the Captain seemed content and happy about that she finally left.

This is also jarring because in the play version, he was as upset as the children but decided to marry the Baroness anyway because the children needed a mother figure and if he couldn't have Maria he might as well have the Baroness.
In the movie, it seems to me that he decided to marry the Baroness, because that is who he likes, not Maria.
I guess the romance came off one-sided or poorly portrayed because of how in real life, Christopher Plummer dislike working on the film and with Julie Andrews. I understand that, but come on! Couldn't he try a little harder to PRETEND to like Julie Andrews' character. I mean come on! It's called acting! It's not that hard Christopher Plummer! Just pretend that you like Julie Andrews' character and once the movie is done you are free to go! I can see why the critics back then weren't too fond of him.

The Sound of সঙ্গীত No উত্তর