True Writers PLAYING WITH SHADOWS

sophiacain posted on Aug 18, 2012 at 10:56AM
CHAPTER 1

The streets were lit by the dim glow of the streetlights. The crescent moon hung high above the deserted city. Isabelle walked through the city with a fast pace, yet did not seem to make a noise.
Great she though almost twelve ‘o’ clock, mark is going to kill me when I get home. She continued walking until she reached a set of lights. They were green but soon turned red, even though no cars were in sight. Isabelle turned her head. She stared down an alleyway. It was a quick shortcut home and she needed it. After a quick spin on her heel she was racing down the alleyway. It wasn’t like in the movies; where the alleyway was all dark and spooky, in fact it was lit better than the road and on one side terrace houses and on the other a shop warehouse. (Not abandoned like in the movies)
Her trainers were quick on the cobbled ground but soon came to a halt when she heard something. A noise. A noise that sounded like sobbing. She stopped and turned to the houses on her right. No, it wasn’t coming from the houses. She turned left and noticed the lights were on in the warehouse which was unusual for this time of night. She saw a silhouette of what looked like a man behind the blinds of the fifth floor. It was him sobbing. Another figure appeared. Slightly taller than the other with a sword (presumably) in his hand. Slowly the first man approached the window.
“I’ll jump!” the smaller man threatened. In reply the other figure lowered the sword.
“You don’t need to do that.” He said sounding calm yet persuasive. Seconds later the man lay on the stone floor surrounded by shards of broken glass. Isabelle stared in bewilderment, as strange, dark patterns left his body leaving into the darkness. The body lay there, crumpled from the impact. Isabelle gazed at the window. The man retrieved a cloak and put it around himself, then pulled his hood up and walked away....
CHAPTER2

What just happened? Isabelle thought; her mouth wide open. The air seemed a lot colder now as she sprinted to the entrance of the warehouse. She stood the door waiting to see whoever did this. She hid on the other side. After a moment of silence Isabelle heard footsteps, not hard and heavy, but light and swift. She could sense he was getting closer.
A foot appeared from the door causing her to jump and kick him in the shins. He bent over in pain but soon stood up right and asked “who are you?”
“Who are you?” Isabelle said in reply.
“I asked you first.” he smiled. It was a charming smile and his eyebrows went up in a mocking fashion, revealing his liquid gold eyes.
“Isabelle” she finally said. Loosening her shoulders.
“And do you have a second name, Isabelle?”
“Isabelle Grey”
“And on what business are you her-”
“Your name” she interrupted. He looked at her and chuckled quietly.
“It’s not important but oh well, my name’s Jaden, Jaden Blake.” He said bowing his head. Isabelle noticed a necklace around his neck. It was a neon blue dragon but its eyes shone a yellow light like a torch. A loud crash stopped her thoughts. Someone had knocked over the wheelie bins. “If you would excuse me I need to leave.” Jaden said sounding more panicked than before.
TO BE CONTINUED

True Writers 4 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে alicia386 said…
Very nice start. Could you describe Isabelle please. That would be helpful.
বছরখানেক আগে sophiacain said…
sure. she had light brown hair is quite tall her eyes are brown and she hides behind her side fringe. if you want I DREW HER AND ON MY PICTURES YOU CAN SEE MY CHARACTER. THANKS FOR READING
বছরখানেক আগে rory2011 said…
heart
great story , it sound dark and that's a good thing for me , when will you post the rest of the chapters I can't wait to read more
বছরখানেক আগে sophiacain said…
hey rory2011 well if you check my wall its been updates also i wil post a forum of the updated version every time thanks