ভিডিও গেম Sony: Will It Rise অথবা Fall Forever?

DoctorSpud posted on Jan 19, 2009 at 01:22AM
ALRIGHT! LISTEN UP! If you're some Microsoft fanboy who worships Bill Gates and will begin talking about the "LameStation" or the "GayStation" I will promptly respond with just "Sh*tBox 360".

I'm certain we're aware of Sony's position right now- they're right in the middle of the gaming charts- if the Exclusive Games TBR later this year become hits we'll survive and if we lose all of our good exclusives we'll go plummeting to doom. I post this on this spot so I can receive thoughts and opinions from others than just Sony and MS fanboys. So tell me what you think will happen.

ভিডিও গেম 6 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে BlueBadger said…
Who knows what'll happen if Sony gets all their exclusives taken away? It's not just about the exclusives, though. Here's my
opinion on what MAY be Sony's fate for this year.

PRICES: In case you don't already know, Sony is giving the 80gb PS3 ANOTHER price cut in April. Dropping the $399 price tag to $299. This is probably the best move that Sony has made this year, and will TOTALLY increase PS3 sales by a HUGE margin. However Microsoft is doing the exact same thing, as usual. Dropping the $299 price tag on the 60gb Pro console to $249. Bringing the cost to the same amount as the Wii. No information on a price cut for the 160gb console was mentioned, but keep your eyes peeled. Just in case.

ONLINE: This brings us to the status of PLAYSTATION Network, Xbox LIVE, and Nintendo WiFi Connection. The PSN did VERY well the past 2 years and is still going strong with it's free online play and full game downloads. I don't have too much to say about Xbox LIVE, though. I mean, it's running as good as it did when it launched in 2001. But $50 a year for a whole other membership is NOT really pulling me in. Because of this I'm still only a Silver member. Nintendo WFC is still going great with its Virtual Console downloads, and all that rut (although I have YET to even play with other people on SSBB).

GAMES: You can't have a game console without games. Unless if you're Philips. Anyway the PS3 already has its share of GREAT exclusive games like Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, and Resistance 1 and 2, and some more to come like InFamous, Uncharted 2, and Final Fantasy Versus XIII (which won't be coming out until next Spring, I'm sorry to say). The Xbox 360 already has enough games to satisfy people... who cater to intense gaming. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Viva Pinata (so does my mom). But the 360 has too many action games, including shooters. The Wii, on the other hand, has only a handful of exclusive games that are even WORTH playing. Sure, there's Super Mario Galaxy and Wii Fit, but Ninjabread Man and Carnival Games have got to be two of the worst games that I have EVER seen. They may not be exclusives, but hey. They're both for the Wii.

To conclude my theory I will state that if Sony starts making all the right moves once again then they will SURELY dominate this console generation.

BTW. Just to clear things up, I am NOT a Sony fanboy. My theory may be supporting Sony the most, but every company DOES have their faults. Even Nintendo. I don't hate any game consoles, I'm just saying that if you start arguing about which game console is better then PLEASE leave me out of it. Thank you.
বছরখানেক আগে DoctorSpud said…
sunny
Wow. This is a great theory. I must say, I don't think the Wii will fail, but it seems that it has an even smaller list of games these days than the PS3. I personally think the Wii pretty much has no good games, and in my opinion, the only reason people buy it is that it has some amazing controls. It's online community also seems to remain the smallest of the three, and even though Nintendo won't die for a looooong time, the Wii is definetely becoming the least succesful of the three consoles over time.
I agree with you that if the PS3 can rapidly decrease the price but keep it at a profitable rate, it'll keep going strong. And in case you haven't seen anything yet about it, the PS3 will be getting CRAPLOADS of incredible games this '09. If you search around a little bit you can probably find the list on here:
www.ps3fanboy.com
Please don't consider me a fanboy either despite going on this site :P
Also, if you haven't heard about it either, IGN has discovered some 3-D tech at the latest Tech Expo. They think the PS4 may have 3-D games which will become a massive success for Sony if the 720 doesn't recieve 3-D as well.
I really don't think things are looking grim at all for Sony in the future, but I'm still horrified at the thought of it becoming completely liquidated like Circuit City did a few days ago.
wink
Oh yeah, I heard about that. Anyway Microsoft obliterated the rumors of an Xbox 720 in the next few years. They won't be making one until probably 2014. At least not until the next generation comes up.
Also the PS3 IS getting a LOT of good exclusive games this year. Other than InFamous, I'm really looking forward to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. I've finally managed to beat the first game on Normal, but it actually took a lot longer than I thought because that game is HARD (and I played on Normal mode, FCOL).
Nintendo is doing fine on their own. I don't think the Wii needs ANY price cuts. Although I REALLY think that it needs better third-party exclusives. The only good ones that I've seen that are TBR are Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, The Conduit, FFCC: The Crystal Bearers, and Mad World. I'm not subscribed to Nintendo Power anymore, though, so I might be missing a few.
And don't worry about the fanboy warning because I don't consider you as one. ;) I was talking about everyone else (mostly Nintendo fanboys) who care about only one contender.
Uh-huh, Nintendo is the gaming powerhouse right now, but I think that will change with great ease by Sony this year because I have been seeing a lot of great stuff about these new PS3 exclusives. In my opinion the problem with the Wii is exactly what most people criticize the PS3 for- not enough games. I'll repeat what I said before, the only reason most people like this console is because of the new, (only slightly advanced) technology it uses.
Motion control isn't new. In fact Nintendo first utilized it with the Power Glove. It was an accessory for the NES that let you control any NES game by moving your fingers, hands, etc. The only problem with it was that you HAD to keep the motion sensors steady, or else the game will go out of control. Just wanted to clear that up.
hmmm
Either way, it isn't that amazing.