ভয়ের চলচ্চিত্র Most disappointing horror movie?

TheCountess posted on Dec 10, 2007 at 08:27AM
I know someone will probably dislike me for this, but I absolutely hated "The Blair Witch Project".
I don't get a chance to go to the theatres much, but at the time this first came out, the previews looked too tempting to miss.
The only thing the movie did to me, was make me queazy... not because of the content, but because of the jerky motion. I did not find any moment in the film scary, and thought it was one of the most over-rated films I had ever seen.

ভয়ের চলচ্চিত্র 27 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে bluej12 said…
the Blair witch project disappointed me too
so you are not alone

i did not like the exorcist
that movie was so boring
i don't know if it is due to the fact that im not religious but it sucked
hopefully im not the only one
i was too bored and sleepy to even get scared
with the possessed Linda Blair

Hostel also disappointed me too i was expecting the most goriest sickest movie ever (with the way everyone saying it was) but when i watched it it was a total let down

The ring also disappointed me ,everyone said it was scary but its not i was shocked to believe that anyone would find it scary

all these movies were over-hyped which was the reason why i was so disappointed
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে TheCountess said…
Thanks... nice to know that I'm not alone on that. I thought that the first post after would probably be someone telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about.
বছরখানেক আগে dazl said…
I think the original Omen is terrible. It has dated badly and is just NOT scary.

The new one...don't get me started.
বছরখানেক আগে chill1025 said…
i hated both omen films and the exorcist
বছরখানেক আগে Impulse85 said…
The Blair Witch did nothing foe me either. I found it hard to believe that after being left alone in the woods that someone is actually going to bring a camcorder around to make sure she's still getting the shots she wants for her documentry. After finding my friends gone. I would drop the damn camra.
I'm surprised that there's this many more people would didn't like 'Blair Witch' ...I'm not alone after all ;)
বছরখানেক আগে daitheflu4u said…
Room 1408, I didnt like the ending.
not familiar with that one. Is it a newer movie?
বছরখানেক আগে abcd said…
Children of the Corn, it wasn't great or good
বছরখানেক আগে zarnitev said…
freddy v jason
বছরখানেক আগে housegrl32 said…
Saw. I know it's got a bunch of fans, but I think it's crap.
I never saw any of the 'Saw' movies. The promos just didn't interest me. That's part of the fun of being here... we all like horror movies, but not everybody has the same taste in what kinds they like. ;)
বছরখানেক আগে jlhfan624 said…
Hostel. I was extremely disappointed in it.
বছরখানেক আগে johnsgirlalways said…
Blair witch was a huge disappointment...I was like 12 when it came out and I was no where near scared I think I was more disappointed when i found out that it was all fake though. But I love wrong turn 1 and I was really excited they mad a second one and it was so awful I had to force myself to watch the whole movie.
বছরখানেক আগে dazl said…
Jeepers Creepers. Scared me for five minutes, then bored me for the next two hours.
বছরখানেক আগে Earl-h said…
The Ring. I know people love it, but it was the most unscary thing i ever saw
বছরখানেক আগে Cinders said…
Oh God, where do I start?

Wrong Turn, Blair Witch, Pulse, The Number 23 (I was really looking forward to that one, too), The Black Dahlia (Indie Film, not Josh Hartnett version), The Omen (both of them), Texas Chainsaw Massacres, And friggin HALF of the films from Horrorfest 2006.

Also, the Resident Evil movies make me tear my hair out because the games are SO &%$#ING AWESOME! UGH!
I never saw 'Hostel', 'Jeepers Creepers', or 'The Ring'. From what I've heard, the original Japanese movie that 'The Ring' was based on, was supposed to be pretty good, but I can't remember the name of it, and haven't seen that either.

Cinders - The same was true for me with 'Blair Witch'. I was all hyped up to see it, and had to spend about 3-4 hours on the buses to get to and from the show. It's definately one of the biggest wastes of time and money that I've spent, and the jerky camera motion did not do pleasant things to my stomach either... made the bus ride home even more of a trick. I think the only other ones I've seen from your list are 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' and the original version of 'The Omen'. Didn't care for 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' (luckily had gotten that as a free rental), and 'The Omen' was passable for when it came out, but it's definately a dated film.
I've never gotten into the gaming thing, so if I see a movie based on one, I can't compare. I don't know how many I've seen that fall into that category though... don't think too many.
বছরখানেক আগে ImNotOkay said…
'slither'
DEFFINITLY
that was dissapointing
it wasnt even scary or anything
=[
xoxo
বছরখানেক আগে Impulse85 said…
Hostel, totally sucked. Glad someone actually agrees with me on that one. The Ring, horribly over rated not scary at all...bored me to tears. Slither was just dumb and Queen of the Damned...don't even get me started, that show ranks as the worse ever, then there's Pulse second in line. Oh and let's not forget all of the horror remakes that have come out and will be on there way. Hollywood has really lost their edge for sure. Nothing good has really come out in long time.
বছরখানেক আগে angels said…
I also hated the blair witch project!
বছরখানেক আগে vickiee_93 said…
lmao i was soo scared after the blair witch project
বছরখানেক আগে 0hKneeKey said…
jumpin' on the blair witch = disappointment bandwagon dood. plus i watched it all by me onsey at midnight in my basement. yet, i was not scared. i thought id stick around to watch the whole thing, thinking it would have a substantial ending but NOPE it sucked.
It's nice to know that there's so many other people that hated it too. I'm still trying to figure out how and why it got so much positive feedback.
বছরখানেক আগে adavila said…
blair witch project, freddy vs jason, alien, 24 days later,The Grudge, The ring, Blair witch project 2, Cloverfield, among others
বছরখানেক আগে mrsblack_1089 said…
Sweeney Todd: demon barber of fleet street

it's like a 2 hr movie and the whole time all he does is slit peoples throats, then kills his own daughter and wife by accident. it was stupid. but it was gory, so thts always a plus :) but still, suckish movie!!!!!!!

And Taking Lives with Angela Jolie although the ending was cool and the murderer was hot. it was weird.
বছরখানেক আগে hayleytrep4 said…
There are very few movies I can't watch all the way through. I never turn them off because they scare me, but because I know the whole thing is just going to be stupid. That was 'The Blair Witch Project' and 'Cloverfield'. They were terrible. I had to force myself through 'Cloverfield'. The whole time I was watching it, I was thinking "Is this EVER going to get better?" and it didn't.

Some other horror movies I wasn't too fond of were:
Evil Breed: The Legend of Samhain
The Hills Have Eyes 2(First one was alright)
Lake Placid
The Grudge
The Ring
The Ruins
last edited বছরখানেক আগে