Calypso0 posted on Dec 25, 2010 at 06:28PM
Name
"The Son of Neptune"

Rate
C, I guess

Type
Adventure, Fantasy, humor -hopefully!!!

Summary/Synopsis
As the constraction of the Argo II continues and Jason slowly rises as a leader at Camp Half-Blood, Percy's side of the story in Urbs(that must be the City of Rome or something in Latin, hope i got it right!) unfolds. And when the Argo II sets sail to San Fransisco the Greek and Roman demigod's meeting will be judged by the acts of the seven who will be at last united.

Characters
Percy Jackson(son of Poseidon),
Jason Grace(son of Jupiter),
Piper McLean(daughter of Aphrodity),
Leo Valdez(son of Hepheastus),
Annabeth Chase(daughter of Athena),
Nico Di Angelo(son of Hades),
Dakota Sterling(daughter of Minerva),
Gwendolyn [Gwen] Hanagan(daughter of Trivia),
Hazel Sommerfield(daughter of Vulcan),
Robert [Bobby] Fisher(son of Mercury),
Reyna King(daughter of Mars)
Juliana de Beaumont(daughter of Nyx)OC
other campers of Camp Half-Blood
other soldiers of Urbs
and, of course, Greek and Roman gods and godesses -the whole lot of them!

Disclaimer
Rick Riordan is the creator of the story, main characters and settings to whom "The Heroes of Olympus" belong. I'm just playing around a bit with these.

A/N:This is the first story I upload so guys, please be nice...

Oh, this is gonna be so much fun!!!
Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I will! :-D

P/S:I will really try to be right on schedule but i'm not all that good with such stuff-just so you know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is supposed to be one of europa's arrows. I worked really hard to make it look like this what with scanning disrupting the image quality and then my PC acting up and photoshop not working...
 [u]Name[/u] [b]"The Son of Neptune"[/b] [u]Rate[/u] [b]C[/b], I guess [u]Type[/u] [b]Adventure, অনুরাগী
last edited on May 30, 2011 at 10:33AM
save

অলিম্পাসের নায়করা 572 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 572

বছরখানেক আগে GreekRULES515 said…
big smile
KWL i can't wait till u post!!!
smile
wait wht bout annabeth is there goin to b LOVE with jason and piper (plz check my fanfic if u want to)its called The Son of Neptune!!!!
বছরখানেক আগে Calypso0 said…
Chapter I(1)

"How's it goin' Leo? You think it'll be ready on time?" Piper asked, peeking in Bunker 9 from the half-open door.
"Nah, we’ll make it. Most of the ship is ready. Weaponry, ropes, sails, oars and stuff like that are the only things left -and the masthead, Festus." Leo replied wiping his dirty hands with a dirtier piece of cloth.
"You haven't put the head, yet?"
He shook his head. "I think I'll leave that last."
"O-kay, you’re the one in charge here. Anyway, I'll go tell Annabeth. See you at lunch! And don't you dare not come, you hear me?"
Leo made a face and opened his mouth to say something -probably sarcastic, funny or annoying- but Piper had already left, heading out of the woods and to the amphitheater where the children of Athena were training.

Annabeth was wearing jeans and an orange T-shirt saying CAMP HALF-BLOOD under her armory and was walking between the pairs of demigods dueling, shouting instructions and chiding some of the younger ones.
"You're letting your guard down, Mikes. Again."
"But I'm on offence, Annabeth! I'm focusing on disarming the enemy!" A short brown-haired around ten yelled back.
"No matter what, you must never be exposed to your opponent. You're going to get yourself hurt -or killed." She kept on walking slowly, her sorrowful grey eyes darting from one kid to the other, her back to Pipes.
Pipes walked through the gates and came to a stop only a few feet away from the guy named Mikes and called Annabeth over there. Annabeth's face became anxious and expecting as she turned around and rushed to Piper.
"Did you go? What did Leo tell you? Are things okay?" Annabeth asked in one breath.
"Yeah. They're doing great time. Everything's fine. Calm down." Piper replied.
Annabeth breathed what seemed a sigh of both relief and frustration. "Yeah, I know, it's just... We have a month and a half to the summer solstice and we have to take off for San Francisco earlier than then.”
“Hey, they’re going to finish the Argo II in time. Leo and the rest of cabin nine are working their behinds off and, besides, there are not many things left according to him. What we should be worried about is whether we’re going to find that place or not.”
“Thanks, Piper.”
Piper lifted her shoulders lightly. “I’m just stating the facts. Don’t worry Annabeth, the gods are with us.”
“Not all the gods approve of this you know,” Annabeth pointed out.
“They’ll change their minds. You’ll see.” Piper reassured her.
“Hopefully…” Annabeth said wistfully, looking at her siblings.
“You think he’s okay?” Piper found herself asking before she could close her mouth.
At that Annabeth looked at her. “Who? Percy? What makes you say that?”
“Well, from what Jason told us about that place…” Piper shrugged uneasily. “It didn’t sound all that nice, you know? Like, the opposite of our camp.”
“Yeah, those Romans seem pretty…different.” Annabeth gave a shaky laugh. “But I’m not worried about Percy,” she said finally.
“Really?”
“Yup.” Annabeth turned her eyes to the arena before continuing. “The first few years of his here at camp…well, let’s just say that he wasn’t all that loved and looked up on. But that was simply his rebellious character and that cocky attitude.” She shook her head back and forth on that thought. “Gods, he looks so much like Poseidon.”
Piper couldn’t help not laughing at that. “You’re kidding.”
“Nope, I’m being dead serious. They both have this thing on the way they walk, talk and so on, that, while it tempts you to strangle them, it is also the thing that makes you like them.” Annabeth sighed. “Percy is honest, and brave, and smart, and strong and I’m sure he’ll be okay, because nothing can –ever– make him give up what he believes and what his heart says.”
“That’s nice.”
“Yeah. He is nice. Very nice.”
“I should better leave you to continue. I’m off to find Jason.”
“Yeah, sure. Oh, could you do me a favor? If you see Clarisse tell her to come find me.”

Piper was almost at the dining pavilion when something dark caught her eye. She turned around, readying her dagger, and peered in the woods. There, under the shadow of a spruce tree was a pegasus, his slick black wings tucked neatly on his sides, looking at her.
“Um, hi?” she said nervously, putting Helen of Troy’s dagger back in its black sheath.
The Pegasus neighed and took a step forward, lowering its head toward her.
Piper warily put a hand on its neck and softly caressed its long dark mane.
“That’s Blackjack,” a girl’s voice said, startling Piper.
Coming out of the shadows was a buffed girl in full Greek armor, a grey bandana covering most of her hair and a long spear, its tip sparkling with electricity. Clarisse, daughter of Ares and senior counselor of her cabin.
“Oh, hey, didn’t see you there.” Piper said slightly smiling at her.
“I didn’t want to be seen,” Clarisse replied shrugging. “He was Percy’s pegasus, Blackjack.”
“Oh,” was Piper’s only response.
“That pegasus has been in a hell of adventures with Percy. Mm-hm. Blackjack was saved from Kronos’s minions by Percy after the retrieve of the Golden Fleece in the sea of monsters. Since then, he is his. And he never failed Percy. Not even at the second Titan War. He would be proud of you Blackjack.” Clarisse said that last to the pegasus.
“I thought the children of Ares didn’t like Percy.”
“I don’t. I just acknowledge what he has done and the hero he is, that’s all.” Clarisse glared at her.
Piper tried to hide the smirk that crept on her face. “Uh-huh.”
“You want to tell me something, [/i]Pipes[/i]?”
“Why don’t you like him?” Piper asked tentatively, biting her tongue so she wouldn’t laugh because she had heard of what had happened –how Percy had whipped her daddy when he was merely twelve- as well as other stories about him.
Clarisse stiffened and clenched her hands into fists. “That’s something we do not speak of and you’d better not put your nose in other people’s business. You understand?” she told Piper, glowering at her with eyes that flashed a warning.
“Fine, whatever. I have better things to do. By the way, Annabeth wanted to see you. She’s at the amphitheater right now.” Piper said and giving a soft pat on the pegasus’s head she turned around and left toward the pavilion.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে Calypso_ said…
mischievous
Hey you stole my name!!! So now I give myself the privlige of calling you mini me! Cause I joined before you therefore I had the name before you so my accounts older then yours so you are now mini me

Oh and I love your fanfic keep on writing mini me!!!!
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে wisegurl said…
Hahaha mini me nice nick name, and awesome writing!
বছরখানেক আগে NicoDiAngelo4 said…
So I just found this and I wanted to say, oh my hizzle fo shizzle!! That was ah-maziinng!! I totally love it! You are a reaaaaallllllyyyy talented writer so hopefully you will update soon because you left a cliff hanger, well at least it sounded like a cliffy. So yep, and mini me, haha that's funny:) what's my nickname gunna be? Ah-mazing, aweessommee, wondderrfull? Haha yeah, I know I'm a little self-centered, oh an according to my friends: gullible haha :P
Well, when I posted the first chapter I have to admit my hand were all jittery… I really hope you liked it… :-D so, this is the second chapter and I’m pretty excited ‘cause it’s
*sorry Calypso_ for the name, it was my annoying cousin’s idea... Anyway, I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the nickname! It’s fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B-)
*Aw, GreekRULES515, you are so nice… I forgot Annabeth and a few others but I corrected it thanks to you, so THNX!!!! Your story BTW rocks! ;-)
*NicoDiAngelo4 I left a cliff hanger, yeah sure –I guess-, but that will come up later cause right now it’s gonna be Percy POV…

Chapter II(2)

He dreamed of grey eyes like storm clouds and blond hair gleaming.
He was underwater –that much he could tell- but he didn’t feel all that cold. Pleasant warmth tingled his right hand and side and flexing his fingers he could feel a hand holding his. But when he looked down there seemed to be nothing. His touch, though, assured him of someone’s presence even if, looking at his right, there was no one visible.
And as the currents moved around the air bubble he had made and cheerful sunbeams fell in colorful streaks, those sweet, intelligent eyes and gold curls became from translucent to invisible and all over again.
It was somehow frustrating.
That dream had haunted him every single night for the past months –or maybe more, he couldn’t remember. But those two features –the eyes and hair- were new to him. He had never seen those before.
And those two simple things carried too much emotion and woke a dull, forgiven pain inside him that made him feel restless.
What he couldn’t not notice was that they seemed to get closer as they came in and out of sight.
Until the eyes closed and disappeared and the warmth spread to his lips, lessening the ache and lulling his eyes closed.
And a thud followed by hissed whispers woke him up.
Percy opened his eyes in a dark cabin with high ceilings. Looking around, he saw everything as he remembered it. The walls made of an iridescent kind of thoroughly polished stone like a mirror; the windows, the doors and the floor was from white wood; five more beds with grey silken covers and pillows; and grey-ish blue-green curtains stopping most of the faint light of the very early hours from coming in. Typical cabin three. Cold and austere.
Grudgingly, he got up, took his ballpoint pen Riptide from the night table next to him and looked out of one of the open windows.
Unsurprisingly, he saw a group of two demigod children of Mercury struggling under the weight of some wooden boxes and another one that had apparently just dropped the boxes that were on the ground and made the noise that woke Percy up.
“Jamie!” He recognized the tallest boy with the honey-blond hair and brown eyes that was whispering as Robert Fisher, senior counselor of cabin eleven. “Can’t you be more careful? And a bit more quiet, maybe?”
“Sorry, Bobby…” the blond boy named Jamie apologized in a low voice and picked the fallen boxes.
“Hey, Bobby,” Percy whispered causing bobby to jump in surprise and when he saw him breathed a deep sigh of relief.
“Holly cow, Perseus! You scared me to Pluto!”
“What are you guys up to again?”
“Oh, a little surprise for the kids of Somnus. You know how others complain that they sleep the whole time and stuff…” his voice trailed off as he grinned mischievously and winked at Percy. “Sorry for waking you up. Go to sleep, now.”
“Okay, just be quiet. You were lucky it was only me who heard you.”
“Thank Jupiter…” he whispered and left with his two brothers. “C’mon guys.”
Laying on his bed, sleep didn’t seem to come, so Percy’s mind set off wandering in those few memories of his.
Scenes and images from the last five months flashed in his mind.

He had woken up with a killer headache and was with his back on wet grass, he remembered. He had had no idea what he had been doing and what had happened for him to end up unconscious there.
Looking around, he had seen thick woods surrounding high stone walls, parting to show heavy bronze doors. People had been walking back and forth on top of the walls but they hadn’t see Percy as the bulk of a pine tree had been hiding most of his body from them.
Staggering, he had stood up slowly trying to figure out what was going on.
[/i]Am I dreaming, hallucinating or what? Oh, man, I must’ve hit my head really hard[/i], he had thought to himself.
He stood for a while, wondering if he should approach the gates but something stopped him. It just didn’t feel right back then, just like it didn’t now -months later.
As he turned his eyes at the empty road opposite the huge doors, he had seen twelve forms –eight children in their early teens and four older ones that had horns growing on top of their heads and goat hoofs instead of feet- running toward the doors like Cerberus had been following them.
And he was right, cause something pretty bad had been.
Approaching the fortress-like building he saw a whole hoard of monstrous creatures looming up on them.
With a shuddering noise, one of the bronze doors opened and six teenagers wearing Roman armory and carrying golden weapons rushed out just as the monsters caught up with the group. Yelling “Get inside the doors” to them the teenage warriors charged the monsters.
Percy had no idea how he knew it, but he had recognized some really bad creatures among them.
One of them, a gigantic grey-haired hellhound, had been running, with its mouth wide open to show its pointed teeth dripping saliva, to one of the goat people that had been standing in front of a girl of about seven years old as a shield.
Percy had instinctively reached into his pocket and pulled out a ballpoint pen that when he uncapped it, it grew in his hand, becoming heavier and longer, until, in less than a second, he was holding a sword with a wickedly-sharp, double-edged blade made of a shimmering bronze material, a grip wrapped in leather and a flat gold-studded hilt.
It had felt perfectly balanced in his hand but there had been no time for him to wonder what had just happened or admire the amazing sword he had been holding.
In a desperate –and heroic- move, he threw it point-first to the hound, piercing its skin and throwing it backwards as it crumbled into a pile of dust that the air blew away but, although he had had just saved both the girl and the goat guy, he had been also left weaponless. And there, thirty feet away from him, had been the worst monster of them all.
He was seven feet tall; his half upper body buffed, brown and covered in thick fur like a bull’s with bulky, hairy arms; his legs were ripped human ones with nothing but a loincloth on; and his huge, brown, furry mass of a head had a huge, gross snout with a brass ring, vicious, small, black eyes and two very big, very sharp-pointed, black-and-white horns.
[/i]The Minotaur[/i], Percy first bewildered thought had been.
The monster raised its sharp ax, aiming at a boy who seemed to be still attending elementary school that had fallen face-down on the ground at the Minotaur’s feet.
A weird feeling of de javu had washed over Percy as he yelled at the monster as loudly as he could: “Hey, Beefhead! Remember me?”
He had had no idea what he had been talking about but it seemed to draw the Minotaur’s attention who turned his big head toward him and sniffing twice the air grunted and gave him a look of pure hatred that made him think: [/i]Yup, he does. Great, cause I don’t.[/i]
The Minotaur had billowed in rage and, after throwing angrily his hands in the air so violently that the ax was sent so far away Percy couldn’t have seen it land even if he had been paying attention to it, charged.
As Percy had run forward he had been wishing for the Minotaur to lower its head enough so he could step on it but nope. No such luck. The monster kept advancing, his hands balled into fists and body tensed with fury.
A second before Percy would meet the Minotaur, he felt his legs bend and push the ground hard and in the next moment, he found himself in the air and his hands gripping the black-and-white bull’s horns with so much force and momentum that they snapped off his head with a loud cracking noise and a grunted scream of pain. Percy span in midair and, as he fell, drove the sharp points of both of the horns right into the monster’s back, cutting deep straight wounds all the way down his waist, making the Minotaur disintegrate the moment he reached the ground falling lightly on his feet and looked around.
The fight around had stopped. All the monsters were defeated. Two satyrs and a teenage boy seemed to be the only casualties and the rest nine had passed the gates.
But the armored teenagers were still outside the fortress, looking at him with suspicion mingled with awe. Reyna, a dirty-blond girl with intimidating brown eyes, had been the first one who stepped forward and talked.
“Who are you?” she had asked.
“Um, Perseus, I think,” he had replied uncertainly.
“Where do you come from?’
He had stayed silent for a second, thinking before saying:“I…I don’t…know?”
“How did you come here?” she had continued.
“I don’t know,” he said again.
“Okay… Who are your parents?”
His shoulders suddenly felt heavy as he answered: “I don’t know.”
“How can you not know anything but your name?” she demanded, her voice betraying her enraged feelings.
“I don’t know.” The words came out colder than expected.
Reyna kept her face cold and neutral as she gave a single curt move of her wrist and the other five circled Percy with their swords in hand.
“Lupa would want to see you,” she said with a smile as cold as ice and took her gold sword off its sheath.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
laugh
Oh. My. Gods.

That was amazingly extravagent (don't think I spelled that right) I love the detail so far I believe that your fanfic is the most descriptive one I've read and that pays off very richly. Also that was a very very nice way to start out your fanfic with the introductions with the battle and the third minoatour fight hehe anywho that was awesome can't wait for the next one mini me!

Love
~Calypso_
বছরখানেক আগে tessa34567 said…
nice
cool
Oh and just a reminder b/c most people forget this butdon't forget that Percy and Annabeth both have white streaks in their hair from holding the sky just saying most peps forget....
cool
ok tht was AWESOME 2 chapters i didn't have this in my updates so I did'nt know u posted till now 1 thing wat is [i] mean also U COPIED MY MINOTAUR ATTACK im with calypso now hello mini me (i still admire tht u would copy me bc tht means I'm good)
Before continuing with chapter 3, I’d like to make a comment on something I read on a discussion board earlier. It was posted that “Percy isn’t one of the 7, but he's gonna play a major part in the story and that is from a RELIABLE source” Well, no matter what this ‘reliable source’ is, I’m telling you that, unless RR announces in public that Percy <3 Jackson won’t definitely be part of the seven of the prophesy and I see that with my very own eyes, I choose not to believe it! (<-I just had to say this.)
Moving on…
*Calypso_ , thnx for the reminder!
*GreekRULES515 , I had written this chapter, like, a month ago and recently read your fanfic which means that I didn’t copy your idea, which, btw, is kinda different from mine, don’t you think? I mean, if I got it right, in your story, the Minotaur is brought by the Romans as a test of worthiness for Percy while in mine it is merely a coincidence to show Percy’s abilities, courage and the hero he is because the Minotaur was the best choice since Percy has defeated him twice before, he is really big and most demigods wouldn’t stand a chance against him -which will do greatly for Percy’s rep in Urbs, don’t you think?- and I just liked the line: ”Hey, Beefhead! Remember me?” *shrug* Also, if you notice the way Percy kill’s him (dispels him, sends his essence to Tartarus, whatever *eye-roll*), you just can’t miss that it follows the moves of the ‘Tauromachies’ (I think they’re called ‘bullfighting’ or ’bull-leaping’ or something like that in English) that was a key-ritual in the religion of the Minoan civilization on Bronze Age Crete, which is just to remind us all that Percy is a GREEK demigod.
Di immortales, I’m really have to control my babbling [ B-) ]

Chapter III(3)

Percy could remember the first time he went through the bronze gates of Urbs with every single crystalline detail.

He had racked his brain to find an excuse and not enter the Fortress but everything he could come up with sounded pretty dumb and cowardly. Sizing the armored guys around him he finally gave in and nodded to Reyna saying: ”Lead the way.”
The moment he had first set foot on Urbs’s grounds he was overwhelmed by a feeling of…not…rightness. Something he couldn’t manage to shake of no matter how many months passed.
It hadn’t taken long to reach their destination; an imposing grey building atop a hill, close to the stone walls that surrounded that place, with high marble steps and wide open silver doors.
Only Reyna had come with him as he climbed up the stairs, his steps echoing around the big, cold, grey room when he entered it.
Around him, marble pillars with silvery and brown pieces of fabric and weapons -silver and wooden arrows and intricately carved bows, all kinds of shields, swords with jewel-studded hilts, diamond-encrusted scythes and gleaming spears that were real pieces of artwork- had been decorating the grey walls. Lion, tiger, bear and skins from other wild animals had been strewn on the cold floor here and there. In the center of the room, more stairs had been leading to an intricate throne made of shimmering gold where a lady had been sitting.
She had been beautiful in an unexpected way. Brown hair with silver highlights had been falling in waves on her back and shoulders; her skin a bit brownish but glowed faintly; her eyes deep chocolate brown looking at him carefully; her thin lips slightly twisted in a faint frown; and a grey furry cape that sparkled under the light on her shoulders.
Tearing his eyes off the lady’s glare, he had noticed that Reyna was looking at her intently which had seemed very weird to him. Well, that was till the moment he heard the lady’s voice inside his own mind.
~Hello Perseus.~
His head had turned abruptly to the woman who had traded her frown with a small smile. ~Great, now I’m imagining things. I must have hit my head harder than I thought.~
When the lady’s smile had grown bigger he had had to stop himself from taking a step backwards. Her perfect white teeth were very sharp canines, he had noted to himself.
~Don’t worry Perseus, you don’t imagine things. Though, I’m afraid I don’t know about your head.~ A musical chuckle had rang in his ears as his eyes had widened. ~I’m Lupa~, she continued.
~Um, nice to meet you. I’m Perseus, but you already know that.~
~Yes… Reyna informed me of that. Actually, she gave me quite a good ‘picture’ of what happened~, her eyes had gone to his hands for a second as if to make herself clear, reminding Percy that he had been still holding the Minotaur’s horns.
~What happened out there?~ he had asked –or, actually, thought the question.
~Hmmmm… What do you think happened?~
~There…there were monsters…and the Minotaur…and then I…~
~You defeated him.~
~But, no. That can’t be right. He does not exist. He’s a myth.~
~Oh, is he?~
~Yes. I mean, maybe. I don’t know…~
~Well, from what Reyna saw –and heard- you and the Minotaur seemed to be…acquainted.~
An image had all of a sudden popped in Percy’s head: a black-and-white bull’s horn, not at all different from the ones he had been holding at that moment, the base jagged from being broken off, the tip splattered with dried blood, and a devastating grief gnawing his insides.
And then another one: a huge ax with a bronze seven-feet-long shaft wrapped in leather and two twin blades -each shaped like an Omega and each with lots of bead necklaces tied around its base- but the feeling that accompanied that one image was not so much grief as anger and battle fury.
He had stood there, looking at the marble floor, trying to understand those pictures, but he could find nothing. Just like when Reyna had questioned him, his mind seemed to go blank when he focused on his memories and his headache get worse.
~So, it is true then~, Lupa had said after a while, giving Percy the idea that she had been listening intently to his thoughts. ~You don’t remember anything.~
~Yes, ma’am~, he had said-thought turning his eyes back at her.
~And I’m afraid that you hitting your head however hard is not the reason of your memory loss.~
~What?~
~Your memories, child, are not forgotten. They have been stolen.~
~What? Why? How? Who could have-~
~The motives of this act are unknown, but only a god or goddess has the power to do that.~
~A…a…‘god’…o-or…a…’goddess’?~
~Yes~, her voice had been colored with patience, ~Perseus, the gods as had been known during the ancient Roman times, do exist. Jupiter, Juno, Mars, Mercury, Neptune, Venus, Vesta, Pluto... We are all real.~
He had had a strange urge to say that that was not right and if there really were gods they definitely were not the Roman ones but he had chocked the words back and muttered instead:”O-kay…”, momentarily forgetting that she could listen what he had been thinking.
There had been a brief and uncomfortable silence from Lupa’s side during which her eyes had swept over him before replying: ~But you have already heard that, haven’t you?~
~I-I…can’t remember.~
~And if I told you that you are a demigod, what would you think?~
~What?~
~You are a demigod. Half-human and half-god. A child of a mortal and an immortal parent, of a human and a god.~
~What are you talking about? Who are you? What is this place?~
~You are a demigod, Perseus, and deep inside, you know it is true. As for me, I’m Lupa, the She-Wolf goddess. And this is the Fortress, better known as ‘Urbs’.~
~Urbs?~
His question had made Lupa flinch. ~Don’t you know what ’Urbs’ means, Perseus?~ she had asked slowly.
~I’m afraid not, Lupa~
When she had talked again her voice seemed strained. ~It means ‘the City of Rome’…in Latin.~ She had looked at him once more over before continuing: ~And you just understood me speaking to you and answered me back in fluent ancient Greek. Anyway, since you can’t remember anything and you’ve proven yourself-~ ”-Reyna, I know you have guard duty, but could you find Gwendolyn and ask her to show Perseus around?”
Reyna had seemed taken aback by Lupa’s words, although she didn’t said anything -but, again, Percy was not telepathic so he simply could not tell if she had- and with a swift and graceful curtsy -which he had rushed to imitate- she had spun on her heel and exited the room.
Just as Percy had reached the doors, following Reyna, he had heard the She-Wolf’s voice telling him: ~And, Perseus, while you’re here, try not to ask anyone for Latin-to-English translations or say anything in ancient Greek, will you?~
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে babbytreegrowth said…
big smile
love it so awesome
Ohh that was really good :) haha sorry in my updates it just showed the new chappie so yeaahh. Also, I love how instead of starting Percy unconscious, you had him have flashbacks of his beginning. Also, PERCY MIGHT NOT BE ONE OF THE SEVEN HALF BLOODS? He has to be!!! Since Jasons the person camp half blood trusts, he's going, and since eventually [hopefully] the roman camp will trust Percy, he will have to go!!!! Right? Urghh!!
i agree with NicoDiAngelo4
percy has to be in the 7
cloudy
Yeah, I know, I want him to be in the 7 myself so even if you find anything online about him not being just KEEP IT TO YOURSELVES PEOPLE! Call it denial or whatever but just, puh-lease, don’t!
Anyway, I have spent hours researching and didn’t find anything, so, hopefully, the whole thing was a huge misunderstanding…
*Note: I kinda got a bit tired writing ‘Perseus’ all the time, so I ditched it for ‘Percy’ and corrected that in the last chapters.

sunny
Chapter IV(4)

Percy still couldn’t understand what Lupa had meant but he had followed her words nevertheless. She didn’t seem the kind of goddess who would put up with any rule-breaking, and, that sounded a lot like a rule.
That hadn’t trouble him much, though, as he followed Reyna deeper in the Fortress.
He couldn’t have helped feeling wrong and out of place and so not at home there, no matter how many times the ‘soldiers’ in Urbs that Reyna introduced him to, as they walked past the long line of different cabins that run along the right side of the stone walls, welcomed him in the city. He just felt that he didn’t belong there. And Lupa seemed to know it.

“Cabin fifteen,” Reyna had announced after stopping in front of a cabin painted dark purple with mysterious, delicate, sparkly-silver symbols and signs that slowly faded in and out of sight on the walls, and with the brass letters: ‘XV’ over the door. “This is where the children of Trivia, the goddess of magic, live.”
“You mean Hecate,” Percy had said without giving much thought to it.
“No. Trivia,” she had said carefully, before sighing. “I suppose I shouldn’t think that that’s weird, seeing as the ancient gods are mostly taught with their Greek names at mortal schools… Whatever. Mortals don’t even know that the gods do exist. So, yeah, I guess you could say Hecate is the Greek Trivia.” Reyna had then climbed the stairs and, looking inside, asked two young, dark-haired boys that were apparently identical twins: “Hey, guys, do you know where Gwen is?”
“Yeah,” one of them had replied, “she must be down by the canoe lake.”
“Ugh, what’s she doing there? No, wait, I don’t care. I have patrol duty, meaning I should be at the Gates or looking for Jason, and instead of being there, I have to help an amnesiac looser to find her!” she had burst out.
Percy had been about to retort something really nasty but had been stopped by the twin pairs of electric blue eyes examining him.
“A looser that killed the Minotaur…” one boy had said slowly.
“…and barehanded.” His twin had continued tentatively. “Don’t worry, Reyna, we’ll take him to Gwen, so, you can return to the Gates. Off you go.”
Before turning to leave, Reyna had glared at Percy like everything was his fault –which probably was seeing as he was the one to kill the Minotaur.
Returning his eyes on the twins, he had found them both grinning stupidly at him.
“So…” the one had started, “you have amnesia, huh?”
Percy had opened his mouth to reply that he didn’t have amnesia and his thoughts were stolen by some god or goddess but the other one had already said:
“Yet you kicked the Minotaur’s furry behind. I’m Charlie.”
“And I’m Jace,” the first one had rushed to add. ”Do you remember your name?”
“I think it’s Perseus…”
“Perseus? Isn’t there a guy in some Greek myth with that name, Charlie?” Jace –obviously!- had asked his brother.
“Yeah, he was supposed to be a demigod, I think. Anyway. Let’s go find Gwen, Percy,” Charlie had replied.
Familiarity had fluttered in his stomach at the sound of his name making him think: [/i]Yup. That’s my name.[/i]
As Jace and Charlie had been walking deeper in Urbs with Percy, they had kept talking all the time.
“…One of the undetermined, Christian, that passed the gates earlier, told us that he saw you killing the Minotaur and it was all spectacular and stuff, but, he also said that you yelled at him something like ‘Beefhead, remember me?’ and he got mad which means you had seen him –and obviously killed him- before…” Charlie had said.
“Do you remember any details like when, why, where and how?” Jace had went on.
“Where were you taught to fight that good?”
“Yeah, do you remember where you were before coming here?”
“How many monsters have you killed?”
“Christian said you killed a hellhound with a sword…”
“Where did you find it?”
“He has amnesia, Charlie! He probably doesn’t remember anything from what we’ve asked.”
“Yeah, but he knew how to use the sword! He might rememb-“
“Swordfighting is like an instinct for us.”
“And his memories might not be all lost!”
They had gone on and on all the way till the last cabin, where Percy, feeling kinda self-conscious under the eyes of other demigods’ stares, had tried to put the Minotaur’s horns in his pockets and found something he didn’t expect: a pen. Hastily giving each of the twins a horn to hold –which they took without objection or stopping their bickering- and wiping his dirty with stains of wet grass, mud and dark blood palms on his jacket, he took the pen in both hands and looked at it carefully.
It was a simple ballpoint pen, its silver-ish bronze color shimmering under the sunlight that was filtered by the dense foliage of the trees around the quiet dirtroad that had been leading the three of them in a thick forest; a shoreline barely visible further ahead.
Warily and carefully, Percy held the pen in arm’s length and uncapped it.
All three stopped dead in their tracks, Jace’s eyes widening and Charlie’s voice faltering as the pen became a long, shiny, bronze sword.
“Awesome…” Charlie whispered.
“Is that the sword? Your sword?” Jace said in an awed voice.
Percy nodded slowly. “I think so…”
Jace couldn’t take his eyes from it. “But it was a pen half a second ago…”
“But I thought you had thrown it to a hellhound…” Charlie stretched a finger to touch the shimmering blade.
“I had…”
“Then how…?” Both twins looked up at him.
“I think it’s magic…” he said, a deep, familiar voice whispering the words in his mind. “I can’t lose it. It’s enchanted. It will always return to my pocket.”
“Jace, you have to touch it,” Charlie had told his twin, his finger brushing ever so lightly the flat surface of the sword.
“Ooooh…it pulses as if it has a heart of its own,” Jace had said, holding his palm up under the blade.
Percy couldn’t help not looking at them as if they were off their rocket. “What are you talking about?”
“Magic…” they had chorused in strange, low voices that had made the hairs on the back of Percy’s neck stand on end.
“What’s its name?” Jace had turned his wide, piercing blue eyes at Percy as, both he and his brother, withdrew their hands from the sword.
“Anaklusmos,” Percy had said reflexively, momentarily surprised that he could remember such a detail and overwhelmed by dread because he had spoken in Greek.
To his further astonishment, Jace had translated: “Riptide.”
With a careful nod, Percy had continued: “The current that takes one by surprise, and, before you know it, you have been swept out to the sea.”
Those words had been softer, sadder, said by a maiden’s voice under a sky streaked with the colors of twilight in his memories. But he couldn’t remember anything else back then. No faces; no particular place; no specific time. They existed as the soft touch of air, whispering in his mind and only.
“Cool!” Charlie had exclaimed.
Percy had turned slowly and locked gazes with Jace. “You understand ancient Greek.”
“You…you shouldn’t know that… If Lupa finds out- Please, don’t tell anyone.”
“Oh, Jace, snap out of it.” Charlie had made a face to his brother who had been shaking like jell-O. “He is the one who said the word!”
“Yes, I did… Well, I didn’t mean to, but, it just popped into my mind.” Percy had said.
“I understand,” Jace had said looking down. “It’s like when Charlie cusses in perfect Latin –although he has never taken any Latin classes… I can’t control using Greek myself sometimes -and I’ve been here about a year! I’ve gotten used to keeping my words in plain English through time. Even learned a few Latin words… But, it’s still difficult…”
“Your brother doesn’t speak ancient Greek?”
“Nah,” it had been Charlie who spoke, “Latin, I can do. Italian? Yeah, all right, I had some courses last year. But, Greek –modern or ancient-, that’s Jace’s.”
“But you’re twins,” Percy had pointed out, confused.
Charlie lifted a shoulder nonchalantly. “Sure, but, even twins have differences –whether you can see them or not- and that’s ours.”
“But nobody must know,” Jace had insisted. “And, don’t worry, we won’t tell on you either.”
“It’s gonna be our little secret…” Charlie had whispered in that spooky voice of his.
As the twins looked at each other with huge amused eyes, girly giggles had come from close, making them flinch and flush with embarrassment.
“Um, that’d be our sister…” Jace had said, looking at the lake ahead of them. “I think you should better put Anaklusmos away. You’re gonna scare her friend off.”
“You’ll see what we’re talking about when you meet her.” Charlie had said, his blush deepening. “C’mon, and please, try not to judge her too harshly. She is really good if you come to know her.”
Coming out of the forest’s shadows, Percy, Jace and Charlie had reached a beautiful shore with little golden sand dotted with seashells where the water of the wide crystal-clear lake touched it when the tide rose, and mossy rocks that formed a rim in front of them making the pool look like a swimming pool.
The area had been surrounded by either the forest or the high rocky cliff opposite from where the three demigods had been.
No. Wait. Make that four demigods.
Just a few feet shy from Percy and the twins, had been a girl with chocolate brown thick curly hair. She had been sitting on a flat area of grey stone, with her back to them, and appeared to be conversing with someone…in the lake?
With an encouraging smile from Charlie, he had taken a couple of tentative steps closer to the lake’s shore when he heard it.
~Well, well. Hello, handsome.~
The girl sitting had turned abruptly, her bright violet eyes widened in surprise and her eyebrows wrinkled in confusion.
But she had not been the one who talked. Looking down, deep in the water, he had seen a girl with thick dark hair waving and equally dark eyes, her complexion pale but with a greenish tint that made her look ethereal and fairy-like, and her long white dress making graceful arcs and billows around her slim figure.
~You’re a naiad.~ Percy had not said the words out loud out of instinct, but, before even opening his mouth, he had heard her again and, that time, he had noticed that she hadn’t moved her lips.
~Yes I know that. Thank you very much.~
He blinked several times before thinking: “You can hear me, too?”
~Well, duh. I’m a sea naiad. Of course I can hear you Percy Jackson.~
~You…you know my name? That’s my name?~
~Everyone knows your name! No one has stopped talking about you and your feats since summer. You made your daddy proud. Hero.~ She had winked at him playfully before turning all grim and serious. ~But you don’t remember, do you? Cursed Hera and her brilliant ideas. Okay, okay, I’m sorry!~ She had addressed the heavens as thunder had rumbled overhead. ~ What happened to you is so not fair, Percy, but, you see, this is Olympus’s last chance… Sigh… I will probably make someone pretty mad at me by telling you so, but, I know someone who really wants to see you…~
“Um, Percy?” The girl with the curly hair had said. “That’s your name, right? Percy?”
~Yes, Gwen. It’s Percy. Percy Jackson. That’s him.~ The naiad had smiled smugly, like she was proud of him herself.
“Percy, you are not really considering to go with Coral and see this person -whoever they are-, are you?”
~And why not?~ Coral the naiad had asked fiercely.
“Please be quite a minute, Coral. Percy, you won’t go, right?”
“Why not?” Percy had asked the girl -Gwen.
“Well, naiads are not to be trusted. I mean some of them can be really friendly and so on but they are known to not being nice to demigods.”
~No we are not, but, Percy is an exception.~
“Oh, is he?”
~Of course he is!~
“And that’s because…?”
~Because… Ugh! I can’t tell you! You’re a Roman! But, anyway, because he has good heart and is brave and nice to us naiads and a hero of Olympus and the pride of his father –who would destroy us if we dare touch a hair of his- and, well, cute and my cousin met him and she says he is the kindest hero ever!~
~That’s…me?~ Percy had asked in bewilderment.
~Yes, hero, that and a whole lot of others! Now, would you please come? She has been looking for you for months!~
“Percy…” Gwen had started slowly.
He had ignored her. ~Who is ‘she’?~
~Oh, I can’t tell you here. This daughter of Trivia over there can hear everything I project with my mind and tell you!~
~Really? How…~
Gwen had explained: “They are magical creatures, naiads. Everything they do is by magic. Now, Percy, you can’t believe what she is saying. What could be so important?”
~A nymph…~ Coral had battered her lashes.
“A nymph?” Gwen had said incredulously.
~Yes, a nymph and that’s none of your business!~
“Percy, nymphs can be worse than naiads.” Gwen had tried to reason him.
~Not all of them! And, anyways, Percy has the favor of every minor god, nymph, magical creature and whatnot since this summer. Now, please, Percy, come.~
“Percy,” Gwen had started standing up but Percy had already stood on the rock and before she had a chance to say anything else, he had dived, head first, in a splash of fresh water.
Coral the naiad had made a happy swirl in the water saying: ~She will be so happy!~ and swam swiftly toward the rocks.
Percy had been conscious of three voices yelling his name but followed Coral, swimming after her -which surprisingly enough he had done with no effort whatsoever- for a very long time -so long that he should have drowned but he had found that he could breathe underwater.
~Hey, Coral,~ he had thought when they reached a small dark underwater cave in the rocks and had left the shore further behind, ~can you tell me now who this nymph is?~
Coral giggled softly before looking back at him, giving him a charming smile and saying: ~Calypso.~
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে PJhero02 said…
surprise
awesome chapter!
heart
Ooooo calypso like ur name!!! Luv it!
percy better not fall in love with calypso!!!!
বছরখানেক আগে Poseidon3 said…
smile
Really good!
বছরখানেক আগে UnoriginalName said…
surprise
OH. MY. GOD. This is one of the best I have ever read. Really well done.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
wow that was sooo good!!! i loved calypso in the books, and now shes back!! yaaayy!!! yah no who else i like in the books? nico. yeepp, he's me fave charecter<3
wink
haha really?! i just thought that you had his name for your user for no apparent reason.....
smile
No she's really obsessed with nico, but who wouldnt?
wow....... coollllllllll
k guys...don't kill me...but i never liked nico!
tongue
I will hunt u down and strangle u( not kill u) ( Grrr Vikings) jk jk ( but not about the Vikings)
he's just too dead for me! haha and i will do the same with all you cheeseheads!
Ya but he's more our age than Percy, nicos like 13, and percys 17!!! ( not including the lotus casino)

And honestly I dont watch football besides our high shool games! GO WILDCATS!!
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
smile
it has nothing to do with the age...idk i just don't like him... i like how you put a halo on your thing after i had said that he was dead!! haha
angelic
Ya I like putting halos O:), and I actually feel sad for nico I was thinking of doing a forum/ article as nico
i kinda feel sad for him....not really though
angelic
O ur so nice " not really tho"
And calypsoO might get mad at us for riting a bunch of spam like this!! Lol
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
cool
POST POST POST everybody chant with me POST POST POST (i do this for every fanfic)POST POST POST
heart
AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! CALYPSO!!!!! My name sake!!! I love Calypso! She's sooooo awesome though I still believe in percabeth calypso is next in line... So to say any way I've the twins and the fact that you involving calypso!!!!!!! Thank you thank you THANK YOU!!!!!!

Love
~Calypso_
haha maybe...srry calypso!
angelic
Haha we can stick with argueing on our profiles!!!!!
heart
OMG u r awesome soooo good better than mine good description on the settings and the minotaur came by surprise but Lupa decided to make it the test she's good at hiding her shock and sorry for accusing STILL ur really good
বছরখানেক আগে UnoriginalName said…
Football? Football? Who said football? (Sorry for this being spam) The Giants all the way! We probably won't even make the playoffs but GO NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh You cheeseheads better lose- or else (we won't make the playoffs).
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
smile
yes cheeseheads...please loose!!!! (not that i am in love with the giants any more than i am the packers...)
big smile
U guys r a bunch of cheeseheads for callin me a cheesehead!!! Lol :) :) ahahahaha ya I no I'm crazy rite!!
OHMEHGAWDS!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DONT LIKE NICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????? GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(
NICO<3333
i do KINDA like nico...he's just not my fav character...
laugh
C now she's gunna strangle u!!! Ahahahahahaha
i'll survive!!!!
crying
Nico is AWESOME and no one is chanting with me POST POST POST POST
i dont' want to sound pushy!
laugh
POST POST POST POST POSTPOST POST POST POST POST POST! There r u happy greekrules515 :)
mischievous
yes yes i am and post is not pushy its me wanting her to post but take her time