আগ্‌লি বেটি archie rodriguez aka ralph macchio returns to UB later this season

waichingliu81 posted on Jan 19, 2009 at 12:35PM
If you’re a fan of Ralph Macchio and Ugly Betty, I’ve got great news for you! Ralph’s coming back! I had the chance to speak to Macchio tonight on the red carpet at the 7th Annual Ray-Ban Visionary Award ceremony and party. Macchio’s in town for the Slamdance Film Festival where he’s among the cast of the film Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Undead and was on the red carpet tonight to support this year’s Visionary Award honoree, Ewan McGregor.

When I spotted Macchio on the carpet, I had to wrestle my inner-fangirl to keep myself from blurting out random Karate Kid lines just long enough to have an actual conversation with the man. As a fan of Ugly Betty, I was eager to know whether or not we’d be seeing more of Macchio’s character Archie Rodriguez back on the series anytime soon. And as it turns out, it looks like we will! He told me he just spoke with the Betty people a couple days prior to coming out for the film festivals and they want him back for at least one episode (maybe more?). Macchio seems very enthusiastic about his return to the series, though he didn’t mention a specific date for when we’ll be seeing him back on Betty. I asked him if he thought there might be a romance between Archie and Hilda and while he couldn’t say for sure, he did admit to thinking there was definitely some chemistry there. As for whether or not Ana Ortiz’s pregnancy would be written into the show, he wasn’t able to say.

Hopefully we won’t have to wait long to see the return of Archie Rodriguez!

link

আগ্‌লি বেটি 4 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে BeSafe said…
YAY!!!! I love Ralph Macchio...ever since Karate Kid I have and I am super happy he is coming back to Ugly Betty, I really hope that Archie/Hilda start something, I really thought the chemistry between them was cute and I'd love to see it explored further!!!!
বছরখানেক আগে waichingliu81 said…
i liked archie too, he seems really nice and i am also happy that he is returning. i just hope though the writers don't turn him into an awful character, like they have with henry. likewise, he was sweet at first but then he became obsessive and selfish afterwards when he became a regular in season 2, and of course charley got in the way of betty and henry. but their relationship wasn't really going anywhere.

i really hope that after santos, and her brief fling with coach diaz, hilda's relationship with archie will develop further and perhaps we will see some romance between those two.
বছরখানেক আগে BeSafe said…
OMG I didn't even think about that...gosh if the writers turned Archie into another Henry I'd cry, I mean I actually liked Henry at first but over time his character just got sooo very annoying to me, I hate to even watch some of the Season 2 episodes he was on...

I know, I felt sooo sorry for Hilda after Santos and then the first guy she falls for again was Tony and he totally broke her heart by being married, so I just hope Archie is a nice and NORMAL relationship...:)
বছরখানেক আগে waichingliu81 said…
henry was VERY annoying in season 2- i was in disbelief when henry was being so overbearing and annoying towards betty; it was like, for him, he wanted to make himself happy, not betty. just like when she was with walter, betty with henry were in a dead end relationship that was going nowhere in the end. of course, gio came along, but all that hype surrounding gio really put me off him. also, at times, he did come across as being a little arrogant.

as for hilda, she deserves to be with someone, who is going to treat her right but also of whom has her best interests at heart. and fingers crossed, archie will be the type of guy that not only cares about hilda but feels that they can both make it work as a couple.