আগ্‌লি বেটি Ugly Betty In Danger Of Not Being Renewed!!

waichingliu81 posted on Jan 22, 2009 at 02:00PM
Ugly Betty Still Hanging In There On The Renew/Cancel Index

by Tom on January 22nd, 2009

As many of you know, we’ve been watching how Ugly Betty has been faring on the Renew/Cancel index at TV By The Numbers. In short, the TVBTN folks have come up with a formula that crunches the internals of the weekly ratings numbers for all TV shows, and uses those numbers to rank the shows on their likelihood of being canceled. The formula relies heavily on the 18-49 “demos”, because apparently there’s an almost direct relation between the demo numbers and a show’s survival. The history of “the index” is that it’s quite accurate.

(That’s always been true, this is just a good way for a numbers geek like me to evaluate ratings).

Anyway, Ugly Betty throughout season 3 has teetered on the line between “Not Likely To Be Renewed“ and “Renewal Likely for 2009-10“. As of this week, the show is listed on the line again, but still in the “Renewal Likely” category. Of course, we haven’t had an influx of new episodes to measure lately, so we’ll just have to see where Betty moves the next few weeks.

Betty has actually fared pretty well against venerable powerhouse Survivor in the demos (actually winning the Young Women category most of the time). With Survivor in mid-season hiatus, now is make or break time for Ugly Betty. One possible pitfall, though, is the fact that it is now going head-to-head with Fox’s Bones, a show that has done much better than Betty thus far.

I know at least one commenter at Ugly Betty news has stated that Bones will be the show they watch, and Ugly Betty will be on the DVR. This should get interesting.

link

আগ্‌লি বেটি 3 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে BeSafe said…
OMG GOSH I HATE THIS!!!!

Okay so like my TWO FAVORITE shows on TV are Bones/Ugly Betty, and I myself have been wondering what to do, I think personally UB will get the watch and Bones the DVR, but gosh I hate it when my shows are in limbo, I honestly think it is because of last season, this season has ROCKED SO MUCH, but I think last season lost a lot of people...OMG I NEED UGLY BETTY!!!!

Seriously I will probably cry if it doesn't get renewed, no I WILL cry...PLEASE LET IT GET RENEWED!!!!

last edited বছরখানেক আগে
বছরখানেক আগে waichingliu81 said…
angry
i don't actually watch bones myself, but my word, i will be furious if this show gets cancelled. after last season, which as i said before many times i didn't really like, season 3 has been great and i am enjoying it a lot. it is sad though that not a lot of people are watching season 3.

i hope it doesn't get cancelled because this is still a great show and there is so much more UB needs to achieve. and if the worse does happen, we should email ABC and demand that we want our show back.
বছরখানেক আগে BeSafe said…
OMG seriously, I was one of the fans that emailed and signed a petition for One Tree Hill and it came back, so if worse comes to worse (PRAYING IT DOESNT!!!!) I am MORE THAN WILLLING TO FIGHT FOR MY SHOW!!!!