আগ্‌লি বেটি update on UB's fate

waichingliu81 posted on Mar 05, 2009 at 12:26AM
Ugly Betty Now Alone on ABC Renewal Bubble

by Tom on March 4th, 2009

If you’ve followed Ugly Betty News for a while, you know that I am a huge fan of TV industry blog TV By The Numbers, especially their statistics-crunching Renew/Cancel Index. As with any fan of Ugly Betty, I watch the ratings quite carefully. For most of this season, Ugly Betty has been “on the bubble” in the R/C index, meaning renewal or cancellation for next season could go either way.

With the cancellation of Life On Mars, Ugly Betty now stands alone on the bubble for ABC renewal. You could look at this as a bad thing, but I don’t. ABC has already cancelled Eli Stone, Pushing Daisies, Dirty Sexy Money, and Life On Mars, and According To Jim, Scrubs (maybe), and Boston Legal are all in their final seasons.

That only leaves six scripted shows set to come back next season: Desperate Housewives, Grey’s Anatomy, Lost, Brothers and Sisters, Private Practice, and Samantha Who? I think this gives Ugly Betty a fighting chance. I just don’t see them doing a complete network overhaul - they aren’t NBC.

As much as we’d like to believe that Ugly Betty’s renewal is certain, its fate will rest on the success or failure of ABC’s spring pilots. This is a good thing, too, because I really don’t have much faith in In The Motherhood. The promos look like the show might be a little funny, but it also looks like it may be just a little too snarky and annoying to catch on with the Ugly Betty demographic.

I hate to be hoping for shows to fail, but regardless of what we’re being told, I think Betty’s fate comes down to just that. So, Ugly Betty fans - don’t watch any new ABC shows this spring! :)

link

আগ্‌লি বেটি 3 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে detty4ever said…
meh
I can't believe that it has even crossed their minds the idea of cancelling "Ugly Betty"..that would be beyond awful!!After that article I don't know how to feel..I think I'm optimistic..But I hate that the fate of the show depends on how other shows will do!If there is even a slight possibility to cancell it I will come to America and protest outside ABC studios!!!
বছরখানেক আগে waichingliu81 said…
worried
i cannot believe it either. i think it is sad that not many people have tuned into season 3, given how brilliant it has been so far. also, michael urie who plays marc posted on his blog a few weeks ago the show wasn't getting cancelled.

i hope people do not watch the shows that get shown in place of UB when the hiatus starts.
বছরখানেক আগে BeSafe said…
Its insane, the only thing that has me feeling good is that I was one of the fans of One Tree Hill back when it got cancelled and WE FOUGHT LIKE HELL and got it brought back, so I have faith that us UB fans would be just as dedicated if something so SAD were to happen, personally I don't think that In the Motherhood is going to succeed as it looks stupid to me personally and I sure as hell won't be watching it, in fact while UB is on hiatus I'm banning ABC from my house!!!!

So stay strong, UB will be FINE...I know it will!!!!!!! WE FANS WILL PREVAIL!!!!!!!