আগ্‌লি বেটি Happy Birthday Vanessa Williams Aka Wilhelmina!

waichingliu81 posted on Mar 19, 2009 at 01:51PM
Happy (Belated) Birthday To Vanessa Williams!
by Tom on March 19th, 2009
Oops, I did it again. Yesterday was Vanessa Williams’ birthday, and I didn’t post about it yesterday. :( And quite a few of you let me know about it. If you are really interested in the boring specifics of why, read to the end of this post.*

Vanessa is, besides America Ferrera herself, the most important cog in the Ugly Betty ensemble cast. She represents The Old Guard, and vanity, and blind ambition. Plus, demo-wise, she is the main cast member of the generation between Judith Light and Eric Mabius. (One of the reasons I love Vanessa; I am also of that edge of the boomers and genX-ers generation, and she represents us well).

I love her honesty and candor, whether being interviewed by Barbara Walters about Botox, or as Wilhelmina, urging Betty not to stand there with her “talking like a couple of white people”.

And don’t forget, Williams is a wonderful, wonderful singer. So far, the show has downplayed this fact (Wilhelmina, I think, has never sung on the show). Hopefully, in an unexpected moment, she’ll break out into song soon.

*As for my omission yesterday, I am sorry. Without going into it too much, I’m in the middle of a “thing” – just know that it involves hospitals and a family member. It should be over soon, but the distraction caused me to miss a few things. To you VW fans, I’m sorry – normally it would be the first story I post.

Also, because of the uncertainty I have going on right now, there will be no live blog of episode 3.19 tonight. But expect a full recap soon!

Anyway, Happy birthday belated birthday, Vanessa!

link

আগ্‌লি বেটি No উত্তর