আগ্‌লি বেটি ugly betty's replacement প্রদর্শনী debuts with poor ratings

waichingliu81 posted on Mar 30, 2009 at 02:33PM
is this proof yet as to why ABC were stupid enough to halt the third season of ugly betty for this show?

ABC has cut back the order for midseason laffer "In the Motherhood."
The Alphabet web will only air six episodes of the sitcom this season, in addition to the pilot. ABC had originally ordered 13 episodes.

According to the network, decision to slash the order came after ABC decided it didn't have room for all 13 segs after all. "Motherhood," which bowed Thursday, airs in the slot temporarily vacated by "Ugly Betty." "Betty" returns May 7.

But word of the cutback came after the show opened with tepid ratings -- and to mostly poor reviews. "Motherhood" debuted with a 2.1 rating and 6 share among adults 18-49, and attracted 6.7 million viewers.

link

আগ্‌লি বেটি 21 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে BeSafe said…
laugh
Is it mean that I am LOVING this! Take that ABC! Personally I never thought the show looked very interesting and it seems others didn't either, I guess now we will just be bidding our time until Ugly Betty returns, but at least this will give me a good laugh, and let me rest assured Ugly Betty won't be replaced...stupid ABC.
বছরখানেক আগে waichingliu81 said…
yeah, they are stupid to think that many ugly betty fans will tune in. that show hasn't aired in the uk as of yet, although i read the plot and it doesn't sound that interesting anyway. seeing as ugly betty won't return until may, i wonder that if 'in the motherhood's' ratings continue to decline each week on thursday, do you think we would see ugly betty back sooner than may, possibly?
বছরখানেক আগে MarcStJames said…
I too never thought that 'In the Motherhood' looked that interesting. I didn't tune in. My Thursdays are spent watching the new Mode After Hours and wishing Ugly Betty would come back before May 7th.
marcstjames- i think that many UB fans such as yourself and besafe are following the same lead. for now until season 3 resumes in less than 1 month, i am rewatching my favourite episodes from this season on the 'watch ugly betty online' site.
LOL yep we obsessed fans are probably all just rewatching things and wishing for it to return...I too wonder ,waichingliu81, if 'In the Motherhood' does badly enough will they bring Ugly Betty back sooner?! That would be awesome!
yeah, that would be fantastic for us.
^^Heck yes it would, but I'm not getting my hopes up or anything...
i suppose you're right, i mean, it's not as if ABC are going to show the rest of season 3 as earlier as they originally planned because of this break they have decided to give to ugly betty. as sad as that is for us :(.
I mean it depends on just HOW bad 'In the Motherhood' does though, I think if it keeps getting worse they will probably just abandon it altogether, but then again, 'Samantha Who' is also playing at that time, hmmm I think why don't they just move those shows, or probably just 'Samantha Who' to a different night and then we could get Ugly Betty back, or just move it up 30 minutes...
ideally, they should either put 'in the motherhood' on a different night but not thursdays, or indeed have that show and samantha who on thursdays, with ugly betty being shown last. depending on how successful 'in the motherhood' and 'samantha who' are, but don't sacrifice ugly betty for the sake of those shows. and as much as people have been b*tching and complaining about this season of ugly betty, the show still pulls in viewers regardless and that it is still has a massive fan base. a fact of which ABC are ignoring.
বছরখানেক আগে freckles08 said…
Yay lol Not so good for This Motherhood show but they should'nt have taken Betty off air to replace it. I think ABC also don't take in the amount of people that watch Betty online. I know sooo many who do it this way obviously in the U.k we don't have season 3 but in America i know people who don't always watch it when it airs because of work or stuff but they ALWAYS catch Betty online.
i think that ABC are not even aware of the fact that so many people living outside the US watch season 3 online. especially in the uk, where channel 4 have yet to show it. bummer. all they care about are viewers from the US. there are so many websites where fans from around the world can just log on and watch season 3 from the comfort of their PC, as we'd say, such as watch 'ugly betty online'. of course, with you tube the problem is that when someone uploads the episode, it isn't long before it is removed - probably for copyright infringement-, and i noticed also that certain episodes have 4 parts- but the last part is the same as part 3 for example. which is messed up for sure. and so i watch the show on a different site.

and i agree, they shouldn't have taken ugly betty off- in fact ABC should NEVER have taken it off anyway, and with say 5 episodes left until season 3 is finished, what is therefore the point halting the show where they're aren't that many episodes to show this season?

btw, i think the plot for 'in the motherhood' sounds boring to be honest. and as so many people didn't tune in for that show, well, it was mostly made up of ugly betty fans who were and rightly so are still p*ssed at the show being taken off in favour of 'in the motherhood' and later on 'samantha who?'- yet again a show i have no interest in whatsoever.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
^^I totally and completely agree with you!!!!
smile
thanks besafe!
this week's viewing figures for 'samantha who?' and 'in the motherhood?':

in the motherhood- 4.7 million
samantha who?- 4.96 million

link
smirk
^^Thats not very good...is it evil that I'm happy by this revelation?!
wink
nope!
big smile
LOL good, because I am!
বছরখানেক আগে freckles08 said…
smile
Lol Me too i can't wait for Betty to come back.
smile
only two more weeks left now until ugly betty returns- can't wait!
kiss
YAY that is soooo AWESOME, I for one CANNOT WAIT!!!!