আগ্‌লি বেটি It’s Official: Ugly Betty Renewed!

waichingliu81 posted on Apr 24, 2009 at 09:25AM
by Tom on April 23rd, 2009

ABC doled out some early pickups for next fall today, and Ugly Betty was amongst them! Depending on how you look at it, it was a surprise, yet it was not a surprise.

It wasn’t as much of a surprise to those who have been paying attention to what the ABC execs have been saying. The surprise (at least to me), is that the show was included in early pickups before the “up fronts”, a distinction usually reserved for the strongest performing shows.

Along with Betty, in the announcement today were renewals for such stalwarts as Desperate Housewives, Grey’s Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters and Private Practice - as well as Lost, which will have its final season next year.

Also according to Variety, unscripted shows Dancing with the Stars, The Bachelor, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, America’s Funniest Home Videos, Wife Swap and Supernanny are a lock for 2009-2010.

Still on the bubble is Samantha Who?, although it’s widely believed that it will get one more season. Better Off Ted is also on the bubble, along with Castle, Cupid, and The Unusuals.

What I find most encouraging about this renewal for Ugly Betty is that it puts them within a season of being eligible for syndication (although the formula is off by a few episodes because of the WGA strike). This makes the likelihood of a fifth season of Ugly Betty much more likely, barring any further deterioration in the ratings. But, I get ahead of myself.

So, break out the Betty dance, she’s been renewed!!! Woohoo!

link

আগ্‌লি বেটি 3 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
বছরখানেক আগে BeSafe said…
big smile
YAY it's official!!!!!!!!!!
Like he said, lets break out the Betty Dance!!!!
বছরখানেক আগে waichingliu81 said…
big smile
if season 4 does really well and is as good as or even better than this season, then chances are ugly betty will- fingers crossed- last as long as say 7, 9, or even 10 seasons! and yet for all the hype of samantha who, that show will last 4 seasons (currently it is in its second or third), whilst UB will eventually last longer than that show. which is great for me especially, as my brother who used to be an ex-ugly betty fan loves samantha who and thinks it is the better show. well, wait until i break the news to him!
বছরখানেক আগে BeSafe said…
YAY this is exciting, of course I will keep my fingers crossed for next Season to do VERY well so we can get a LOT more Ugly Betty! I always thought that Ugly Betty would last longer than Samantha Who, which I liked last season, but didn't watch this year because I was standing up for UB!!!!