র‍্যান্ডম রোল প্লেয়িং The Devil's Tongue

Shebird posted on Sep 24, 2010 at 01:10AM
Judgement days has come and passed, bearing the news that God has fallen. The seas ran black and from the sky fell heaven's rain, changing all that it touched. Dragons roamed the earth and creatures changed to monsters. The celestial war had been over and so was mankind -Or so it seemed. With the excpetion of thousands of deaths, humaity had survived the years of death that plagued the planet.

With the magic seeping from the ground, they created a civilization run by the Circle of Sinners, a ruling religion who's goal is to bring forth a new god. They rule over the civilization with an iron fist. They seek to find all the blessed ones, as their blood is a vital ingredient to recreating a god.

Their temple lies in the center of a small town called Atlantis. The temple reaches far into the heaven, with a large pit located in the middle filled with sharp little teeth and tortouous contraptions designed to bleed dry anyone thrown in. At the bottom glows a tree red which in sleeps a child, the newborn God.

The blood the tree thrives on is the blood of the Blessed. The elite few who were said to have swallowed the water of the heavens and were in turn gifted with magical powers. The only way the blood can work is if there is if their spirit has surfaced through passionate emotions, such as anger, love, sadness, or even happiness. They often are obvious to the eye, as they sometimes take on the characteristics of an Albino; White skin, red eyes, pale hair. Others may just look like any other person. It is mostly their powers that one must look out for.

The Circle of Sinners, consist of three statuses

The Order-They are three elder that reside at the very top of the temple. They are the supreme rulers, what they say goes. An act against them is an act of treason and is punishible by death.

The Monks- They take up most of the temple. Their power depending on their age, the eldest being the most powerful. They are all marked by the a circle branded on their tongue. Women have no place with the monks, they are meant only to keep the children and elders in good health. They all bare robes of red and white, the youthful weraing white and the older wearing red. Children bear no robes until they reach the age where they must go through the rites of manhood.

The Doberman-Dog headed beasts that gaurd the temple as well as the walls that surround Atlantis. They are primitive creatures raised by temple. They know no love nor enlightenment as they were never introduced to it. They do not ponder nor question and show nothing but obedience to the Order. It would be wise to not cross them as they are amused by brutallity.

The commoners are kept inside the walls and are only taught what the temple permits. They cannot wander outside of Atlantis or they will be deemed an enemy and will be executed as such. They may indulge in the use of any technology forbidden by te temple. Women are to keep their bodies covered and must wear a head-covering or bonnet when outside of their homes at all times. Crimes such as adultery can be punished by stoning depending on their social statuses (for instance those favored by the temple residance may leave with a slap on the wrist). Those who speak against the temple will be deemed a heretic and will be forced to conform or suffer death by burning or crucifixion

If a Blessed is found they must report them to the temple immediately, failure to do so wull also be punishable by death.

Angels-Not much is known about angels. They are the ones who started the celestial war and defeated God. And so some say they are bad luck to be seen with. They reside far outside of Atlantis.

You can be a Monk, Angel, Blessed, Commoner, or any other creature you can think of as long as that creature lives outside of Atlantis. But just remember, other than the Blessed and he Newborn God, all of the people within Atlantis are human.

There's a rumor of a group of Blessed people that are forming a rebellion.

This entire thing was based on a really crazy dream I had.

The rest is up to you.

র‍্যান্ডম রোল প্লেয়িং 87 উত্তর

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 87

বছরখানেক আগে Shebird said…
BUMP
বছরখানেক আগে Kibarules77 said…
Ohhh can i be a kid monk becoming a man XD
((YEAAAAH YOU CAN!!! :D. I was about to post too!)) A young boy dressed in loose clothes of a blinding whit hue, prowled the the halls of the temple. His footseps echoed off of the walls in an eerie way that reminded him of how alone he was at the moment. He was trying to get the horrible image from his mind. What happened that afternoon with Brother Aro and Tom

What are you doing there, you little scoundrel...Oh you're just curious aren't you...Hahahaha! It made him shudder at the memory of that cold cold voice and the screams of pain that followed. The man...that man. What had he done wrong?

It was too much for an eight-year-old to handle. So he decided it best to pretend it never happened in the first place. Still he felt this strange weight of guilt constantly following him.
((Ok ill be 13 i guess XD))
বছরখানেক আগে southern-belle said…
cool
Damian was a Blessed, but he didn't always like to play by the rules. he liked taking risks and flirting with danger. he was a daredevil, and tonight he was taking a big risk. Damian wasn't even quite sure why he was doing this, he just felt compelled to. He was going to go to the place where the commoners lived, and see what happened, if he could blend in. unlike a few of the others Damian had dark hair, although his eyes where a very pale green and his skin was pale as well it still wasn't as white as some of the other Blessed.
((Go ahead enter, Kiba. No one's gonna bite you. :) )) He kept his eyes cast on the floor when he spotted something unusual. A pair of dirty boots, tainted with blood. He shook at the sight and slowly peered up, his eyes becoming wide with fear.

"Shhh..." The man said, leaning on a monk's staff, blotched with blackened burn marks. His leg was mangled and torn, bleeding from the knee. The child felt sick to his stomach from his appearances. It was the man from before. The one that Aro had....was supposed to have killed.

"Y-y-you-"

"Shhhhhh..." The man put a finger to his mouth, swaying slightly. "Keep silent boy...Nobody's supposed to know I'm here."

"But you were dead...I-I-I saw them beat you."

"Naw...I'm too important to them. Listen, you look like a smart man. Maybe you can help me..." The man leaned over and placed a pale hand on the child's shoulder. He's eyes were so pale...they frightened him.

"I'll get in trouble...I-I can't. I'm not sposed to talk to you!"

((Maybe now you can bring your character in, Kiba. Or do you need help? ))
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
((I need help))
((Okay maybe I could play as a superior monk whose preparing your character for the sacred rites of manhood, maybe?))
((Or maybe he's just wandering around the temples with a group of other monk boys.))
((I dont care))
((What's your character's name?))
((Eric))
"Now listen to me Eric," Said the old man in a enrobed in the shade of blood. "When you are presented to the Order, you must remain no more than a distance of five feet from them. Do you understand?" He was standing over the boy, leading him down towards the courtyard.

In the commoner's sqaure, a few Dobermen on patrol caught whiff of a blessed. They began the process of seeking it out. They were not the only one that noticed Damien. A young women had been observing from a distance with her eyes in a squint.

"Nonesens...What they don't know won't hurt thme, right?"

"I could be excommunicated-"

"Shhh...shhh..There's no reason for that. You can trust me. I'm your friend, I'd never tell on you..." The man looked as if he could pass out at any moment.
*Eric Stares In Fright*
"Ok i trust you."
Damian saw the Dobermen sniffing around. "shit shit shit!" he ran behind a small house. he looked up at the sky "remind me why the hell i did this?" he asked in a quieted voice. he peaked around the house to see where the Dobermen where.
((Kiba did you read that right? Because the man is not near Eric he's near my little boy character. Eric is being tutored by a superior monk. But if you want to make it exciting you could make him run into those two. I could delete the superior monk or just let you do what ever you want)) The Dobermen motioned to eachother and began to search around the vicinity. They ears perked up. One of them stopped at the door of the house and sniffed the cracks.
বছরখানেক আগে demon_wolf said…
((Oh I wanna be a Doberman. Can I? Can I?))
((oo wait, i just remembered as a Blessed a have powers (: ))

Damian closed his eyes shut tight and was transported to the young woman's side. "i need to use your house for a bit, as far as you're conserned you didn't see ANYTHING got it??"
(((YESH WHINNY MY SAVIOR! I was in desperate need for extra rpers-I threatened puppies and everything!))
(lol poor wittle puppies))
"Waaaaghghhhj!! Don't kill me!!" Was all that slipped from her mouth as she was alarmed by his sudden appearance.

"...I..." The man stared into the boy's eyes, and the fear seemed to vanish being replaced by a feeling of content and extreme happiness. " I don't know..." He said in a slight daze.

"Pleease...do this for me. I don't have much time....Look you like candy right...I have candy...tons of candy at my house."

"What is candy?"

"What you don't know what candy is?!"
((I think I confued Kiba out of this rp. Heeheehee oops..))
"shhh!" Damian pleaded with the woman then tried to take her hand and get in the house "i'll explain everything in a moment!" he spoke quickly and urgently.
((lol, maybe he just went to bed or something, cuz he got offline))
"But wait-How did you..Wait my but my husband-He'll...." She felt herself being dragged by him into the house, too stunned to fight. The dobermen began to beat on the door that the man had previously been in.
((Or that :D Probably that...most likely that- Yeah that. ))
"shh! for god's sake woman shut up! don't you see the Dobermen have caught onto me?!" Damian knew it was a bad idea to come here, but he'd done it anyway, why did he always feel compelled to do the stupidest things?? "listen" he spoke a bit calmer now. "i only need to hide out here until the dobermen give up on finding me. I beg you please let me hide in your home?"
"Why but I...." She suddenly recoiled and jerked away from him. " You're...one of them, aren't you? You're a..." She looked over at the Dobermen and then and said in a hushed voice, "a Blessed one."
"yes.. i am.. but listen please, you cannot tell anyone, anyone at all. do you understand?"
(( I know Whinster has her hands full with babysitting))

"It is the most delicious thing on this planet. So good you couldn't even imagine...."

"I don't know.."

"Quit saying that!" His sharp voice made the boy jump in terror, chasing away that happy feeling. Seeing the boy's distressed he cringed and sagged a little, softening his voice. "You have to do this for me, or I will die..."

"...."

"Do want to be a murderer, little boy?"

Those words his him like a rock. "But you were made to be killed...Right?"

The man's face went dark and sour. He made a screch through his throat and started to limp away as fast as he could. He passed the boy with his shoulders arched.

"Yes...but if I let you stay-If my husband finds out-Well both be dead...I.." She studied him.
"your husband doesn't have to know what i am, and i wont be here for long i'm sure, just a little while until the dobermen calm down"
"I...." She heard the terrifying sound of the door being shattered into thousands of wooden shards. "Yes, alright but just until then." She looked him sternly in the eyes. "Come on we must hurry then. It won't be long until they've catch your scent again."
"thank you, thank you so much." he said to the woman "where's the best place to hide?" he asked of her, looking around fer ideas.
((Sorry im not felling this rp :( If only it was simplier))
((Don't frett just tell me what you're confused about and I'll see if I can help. It's really not that complicated :) ))
((Idk the whole thing maybe its just not my type of rp sorry))
((How is the entire thing confusing? I don't understand. I'm starting to think you don't read details))
((Idk sorry))
((Ugh, this is fucking lame. I mean no one has any ideas. They're all too unoriginal and easily frightened by big words to try anything new. I mean at least you tried but still...There are no good fucking rps here.))
((IM SORRY!! I wish i knew somethings to RP about i would))
((Hurrumph...Every time I get a good idea this happens. -__- ))
((Nvm just do whatever you want))
((Ok sorry))
বছরখানেক আগে demon_wolf said…
((NO NO NO!!!! I WANT TO STAY WITH THIS IDEA! I HAVE BEEN WAITING A WHOLE DAY TO COME ON AND DO THIS RP! AND GOD DAMMIT IT WILL CONTINUE!!!!!!!))
((WHINNY! You've motivated me-I will let this rp live FOR YOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU an me...and SB tooo....and for the good of roleplays. Yeah sorry KB for taking ALL MY frustrations out on you--even though it's truekawfkawf :3 ))"Come this way!" She took his hand this time and attempted to hurredly lead him away from the house, that dobermen had began to tear apart from the inside out.
(yay the rp will liivvvee!))
"thank you!" he said greatfully letting the woman lead him.

Meanwhile, Jessica, another Blessed was intering the village, her light hair shining in the dim afternoon light. she was searching for her brother Damian who had gone missing and had been spotted near the village. as his older sister, Jessica had taken it upon herself to find him and bring him home. she saw the Dobermen tearing at the house and feared the worst but before the first tear could escape from her eyes she saw Damian being pulled away from the Dobermen by a young woman. she ran after them, keeping her head down to hide her pinkish green eyes from the people there.
last edited বছরখানেক আগে
She dragged him, stumbling quickly along to a small hut alined with several oher very much identical huts. She looked around nervously, failing to keep her frantic looks inconspicious. Fortunately for her, not many were around. She opened the dor and attempted to shove him through the door.

"Wait!" The boy finally shouted, startling the man. He turned his head and looked over the nervous mien that stared back in eagerness. "I...I'll help you."

The man's lips curled in a slow smile.
Damian stumbled in to the house " i really can't thank you enough for this" he babbled on, looking around the little hut. then Jessica burst in the door behind him "what the hell were you thinking comeing here!? are you suicidal or something!?" she began yelling at him.
"Jessica?! what the hell are you doing here??"
"bringing you back home!"
"aw great here we go again" Damian rolled his eyes and sighed waiting for Jessica to start bitching at him.
"No! No no no! I can't house both of you! Who is she? Who are you! You can't both stay here! You never told me there was another!" Confused and bewildered, the woman ran around the two pulling at her hair.
"well i didn't know she was gonna come!" Damnian told the woman
"sorry" Jessica said "i'm Jessica, his sister" she turned to look outside and saw the Doberman. "look just hide him, i'll find somewhere else to go if you don't have the room" she told her then turned to Damnian, pointing a finger at him "i'll deal with you later"